It’s that time of year again… time to get your tickets to the annual Atlanta Star Party! The night before Dragon*Con at Emory University, join Pamela Gay, Derek Demeter, and I in a celebration of astronomy and to support the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America and CosmoQuest. As always, we throw this party in memory of the Blue Collar Scientist, Jeff Medkeff. Over the last few years, we’ve discussed brand new pictures of Vesta, built comets, looked through Emory’s telescopes, and auctioned off some fabulous science and art prizes. Come join us once more and add it to your Dragon*Con plans, or attend if you are in the Atlanta area.
Where else were we be this fall? Good question! Let’s update our travel list from the last time we blogged about it…
- Southeastern Planetarium Association Conference – July 15 – 19 in Sanford, FL – Pamela will be attending and speaking at this conference.
- 40th COSPAR Scientific Assembly – Aug 2 – 10 in Moscow, Russia – Pamela will be attending and speaking at this conference as well!
- Astronomical Society of the Pacific – Aug 4 – 6 in Burlingame, CA – Nicole is attending this conference on astronomy and education with updates on work with CosmoQuest.
- Dragon*Con – Aug 29 – Sept 1 in Atlanta, GA – This is our BIG event. The whole team packs up and heads to Atlanta for science, space, and sci-fi at one of the biggest conventions in the US.
- Pamela will be traveling through Australia on September 28 – October 12. More details to come!
- GeekGirlCon – Oct 11 – 12 in Seattle, WA – The DIY Science Zone is back in action at GeekGirlCon, so Nicole will be bringing the CosmoQuest citizen science.
- Skepticon 7 – Nov 21 – 23 in Springfield, MO – Nicole is talking about science at this midwest conference. Registration is free!
Hope to see you on the road!