Thank you for your interest in being a vendor at
CosmoQuest-a-Con on July 17-19, 2020.
This event is being put on to provide one small piece of fun this (Northern Hemisphere) summer, and to raise funds so that we can start offering CosmoQuest’s part-time staff full benefits. To make this event as successful as possible for you and the participants, we’re going to need everyone’s help. If you have suggestions, please let us know!
Vendor Booth “Fees”
- Required: In lieu of a flat fee, we request that all vendors provide at least the first 20 attendees to shop from their “booth” with a discount or free item with purchase.
- Optional: Please promote the event through your social media in the week prior.
- Optional: Please consider donating an item for our silent auction or prizes for our Mask-querade contest and game tournament. If you can donate an item or gift certificate (and shipping fees), we would be very grateful.
This is a virtual event, and we are still sorting how to do this most effectively. We would appreciate any input you have on how to make things better. Currently, we plan to provide the following experience for vendors:
- Tech-Training as needed: We will be using Discord to host this event. If you aren’t familiar with the ins and outs of Discord, our volunteers will help you get up to speed.
- Web-listing: All vendors will be listed on our event page. These listings will include your logo, store name, a short description, and a link to your “Booth” in our event Discord (which is open to attendees only).
- Booth on Discord: We will have an attendees-only event Discord with a “Vendor Room” category. At the “entrance” to the Vendor Room will be a listing of all vendor ads with links to your individual channels. You can set these channels up however you want with pinned content. Please include in your “Discord Booth” information on how shoppers can get their discount or free item with purchase. You don’t need to be present for the entire event, but please post hours so people know when they can find you. We strongly recommend hanging out in your “booth’s” voice channel when you are present.
- Promotion of your Store: We request that all vendors send us a 1920×1200 pixel advertisement that we can use to promote your store. This will be shown during the pre-show of various Twitch streams in July and August, and will also be shown during some breaks between sessions during the Con.
Please be ready to provide the following information as soon as possible, and by July 12 at the latest:
- Complete the Vendor Application
- Email a 1920×1200 pixel ad to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will get access to Discord on or about July 13 and will need to setup your “booth” by noon Pacific on Friday July 17.