Thank you for your interest in being an artist at
CosmoQuest-a-Con on July 17-19, 2020.
This event is being put on to provide one small piece of fun this (Northern Hemisphere) summer, and to raise funds so that we can start offering CosmoQuest’s part-time staff full benefits. To make this event as successful as possible for you and the participants, we’re going to need everyone’s help. If you have suggestions, please let us know!
Artist Table “Fees”
- Required: In lieu of a flat fee, we request that all artists donate an item for our silent auction (including domestic shipping fees). You are encouraged to set a minimum price, and the item will not be auctioned for less than that minimum price.
- Optional: Please promote the event through your social media in the week prior.
- Optional: Please consider providing an event discount or free item with purchase to at least the first 20 people to shop at your “booth”.
This is a virtual event, and we are still sorting how to do this most effectively. We would appreciate any input you have on how to make things better. Currently, we plan to provide the following experience for artists:
- Tech-Training as needed: We will be using Discord to host this event. If you aren’t familiar with the ins and outs of Discord, our volunteers will help you get up to speed.
- Web-listing: All artists will be listed on our event page. These listings will include your name / brand name, a short description, up to 5 images, and a link to your “Booth” in our event Discord (which is open to attendees only).
- Table on Discord: We will have an attendees-only event Discord with an “Artist’s Alley” category. At the “entrance” to the Artist’s Alley will be a listing of all artists with links to your individual channels. You can set these channels up however you want with pinned content. Please include in your “Discord Table” information on when you will be available. You don’t need to be present for the entire event, but please post hours so people know when they can find you. We strongly recommend hanging out in your “booth’s” voice channel when you are present. This channel can be used to do live demos and quick sketches.
- Artist Showcase: We will be inviting all artists to do a 50 minute demonstration or discussion in our Artist Showcase video channel on Discord. This will be moderated, and you can focus on your art knowing that the moderator will relay questions to you as needed.
- Promotion of your Art: We request that all Artists send us a 1920×1200 pixel advertisement that we can use to promote your work. This will be shown during the pre-show of various Twitch streams in July and August, and will also be shown during some breaks between sessions during the Con.
Please be ready to provide the following information as soon as possible, and by July 12 at the latest:
- Complete the Artist Application
- Email a 1920×1200 pixel ad to email@example.com
- You will get access to Discord on or about July 13 and will need to setup your “table” by noon Pacific on Friday July 17.