Where will we be in the coming months? All over the place, it seems. Here is our upcoming convention and conference calendar for 2014. Since we let the MeetUp group close, we’ll be using Google Plus Events to schedule in-person meet and greets when we travel, so look to the CosmoQuest Google Plus Page for those!
- NSTA National Conference – April 3 – 6 in Boston, MA – Pamela Gay will be at the meeting of the National Science Teachers Association sharing CosmoQuest educational resources, so be sure to stop by one of her sessions.
- Balticon – May 23 – 26 in Baltimore, MD – The team is traveling to the East Coast to share citizen science at this science fiction and fantasy convention. Look for us in the science panels or visit our table!
- Phoenix Comicon – June 5 – 8 in Phoenix, Arizona – Pamela is traveling to Phoenix to share CosmoQuest.
- Maker Faire Kansas City – June 28 – 29 in Kansas City, MO – We’re taking a road trip for a big maker faire with Nicole Gugliucci, the programmers, and TinyIntern!
- CONvergence – July 3 – 6 in Minneapolis, MN – Head on up to Minnesota for CONvergence were Nicole will be helping with panels and workshops all about science and skepticism.
- Astronomical Society of the Pacific – Aug 4 – 6 in Burlingame, CA – Pamela and Nicole are planning to attend this conference on astronomy and education with updates on work with CosmoQuest.
- Dragon*Con – Aug 29 – Sept 1 in Atlanta, GA – This is our BIG event. The whole teams packs up and heads to Atlanta for science, space, and sci-fi at one of the biggest conventions in the US.
- GeekGirlCon – Oct 11 – 12 in Seattle, WA – The DIY Science Zone is back in action at GeekGirlCon, so Nicole will be bringing the CosmoQuest citizen science.
We’re also hoping to be available at Archon, our own local hometown convention! I went for the first time last year and had a great time.
Let us know in the comments if you’re planning on also attending any of these events. We hope to see you there!