Thread: To rebuke for what

Hybrid View

Thumbs down To rebuke for what

The image MOC narrow-angle image M08-04688 shows something and there are others. Why are you so quick to rebuke them. Could these image be product of crystal formations, why do you refuse to except the idea that Mars might had had more than just bacteria and possibly there is still life on Mar still grasping at surviving. You don't need a scientist to explain what they already refuse. Your like a flat earth believer even when there is proof other wise. Your mind is set, your hardly a scientist. How often have scientist been wrong. You really live up to your website name you are 'Bad Astronomy' your a disbeliever and a sceptic even if science find a another earth you will do your best to discredit. Your the worse kind of scientist you rebuke any kind of truth in any form I feel sorry for you.

Assuming this isn't one-time post...welcome to the BAUT forums, basilf. Please, before you post again, take some time to read our rules, linked in my signature line below. You are welcome to make reasoned arguments about potential life on Mars but you are not allowed to be insulting. Consider this a friendly but official warning to be polite.
    Brett's the name. Peters Creek is the place.
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────
    My moderation comments will appear in this color.
    To report a post (even this one) to the moderation team, click the reporting icon in the lower-left corner of the post:
    Rules For Posting To This Board ► ◄ Forum FAQs ► ◄ Conspiracy Theory Advice ► ◄ Alternate Theory Advice

Who is this directed at, basilf?

I for one would be delighted to see evidence of life on another planet, and I'm pretty certain that's the majority view on this board.

But I want real evidence.

Related threads, perhaps:

2004: Are they Marstian plants, thus meaning life?

2007: Mars Vegetation?

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Board Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

I wondered if that was what was being referred to, slang.

Yeah, when I said real evidence, I didn't mean "looks a little bit like..."

It's hard to tell with such apparent stream of consciousness posts.. but those threads popped up when looking up the image name he mentioned. Maybe they're more helpful to OP than to others. Maybe the other way around.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Board Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by basilf View Post
    The image MOC narrow-angle image M08-04688 shows something and there are others. Why are you so quick to rebuke them. Could these image be product of crystal formations, why do you refuse to except the idea that Mars might had had more than just bacteria and possibly there is still life on Mar still grasping at surviving. You don't need a scientist to explain what they already refuse. Your like a flat earth believer even when there is proof other wise. Your mind is set, your hardly a scientist. How often have scientist been wrong. You really live up to your website name you are 'Bad Astronomy' your a disbeliever and a sceptic even if science find a another earth you will do your best to discredit. Your the worse kind of scientist you rebuke any kind of truth in any form I feel sorry for you.
    Hi, And Welcome to Baut, Basilf.

Which is this "you/your" person, you keep talking about?

Your mind is set, your hardly a scientist.
    I know, I am not a scientist.

Your the worse kind of scientist you rebuke any kind of truth in any form.
    I feel sorry for you.
    Not very nice of you

--Dennis
    Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. - Niels Bohr

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Hint: this is at heart a scientific forum, and underneath the fooling around there are some diamond-hard minds hanging about, ready to tear you to shreads. -- Mike Alexander

Soda squirts.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis
    http://www.FreeMars.org/jeff/

"I find astronomy very interesting, but I wouldn't if I thought we
    were just going to sit here and look." -- "Van Rijn"

"The other planets? Well, they just happen to be there, but the
    point of rockets is to explore them!" -- Kai Yeves

Based on the scale of the image those so-called trees would be 1800 feet/600 meters in diameter, but then the gravity is quite a bit less though still not enough to compensate.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain