Thread: Angels = aliens.

Angels = aliens.

I could no longer contain myself. Yes humanity might be the descendants of a space traveling race. There was a war and some stayed here or were stuck and unable to leave. We are the direct result of interplanetary interbreading... The descendants of aliens.
    The trouble is there is NO evidence of that. Its a fantasy, fiction, rubbish.
    I am continually amazed by the tendency for some to believe some half baked ideas... slow down and analyze the information. Draw your own conclusions only after ALL available information has been analyzed. I am open to argument and expect some...mark.

Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    I could no longer contain myself. Yes humanity might be the descendants of a space traveling race. There was a war and some stayed here or were stuck and unable to leave. We are the direct result of interplanetary interbreading... The descendants of aliens.
    I am continually amazed by the tendency for some to believe some half baked ideas... slow down and analyze the information. Draw your own conclusions only after ALL available information has been analyzed. I am open to argument and expect some...mark.
    So I want to make sure I'm understanding this. It's not cool for people to fantasize about our origins? Personally, I find it much more interesting (cosmologically speaking) if I were the distant descendant of an alien than the product of eons of evolution of proteins floating in a brew of goo. Unless somehow I could communicate to these proteins on a cellular level to obtain infinite knowledge of my ancestry...whooops, fantasizing again..no matter how you see it.

We are the direct result of interplanetary interbreading... The descendants of aliens.
    So, do you have an ATM or not? If you don't, then why did you open the thread?

OK so what ATM idea are you proposing as per the rules for the ATM Forum?
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

I'm more impressed that Rachel Weisz is descended from a slime mold.

Angels = aliens ... There was a war and some stayed here or were stuck and unable to leave. ...
    Angels? A war? Stuck and unable to leave?

Hmmm.

This gives Milton's Paradise Lost an entirely new meaning.

It's a documentary about aliens! There's your proof.

yea, right, astromark. That haircut is pretty off-planet, at least.

might we be descendants of aliens ?

Quote Originally Posted by captain swoop View Post
    OK so what ATM idea are you proposing as per the rules for the ATM Forum?
    I was not proposing but / and still feel this is a ATM idea... It popped up over in the Q & A and as I find it entertaining but without fact thought it might invite some discussion here... You obviously are not like minded. I will ask for your indulgence. Where else can we talk of such absurd things ? Might I suggest that as I am not initiating a offensive attitude but am inviting discussion re the VonDaniken theory. As ridiculous as it must seem. Find some room for tolerance of this ATM idea.
    As yet we have no proof of Earth being visited by ANY alien life form. I will align myself with that thought., but still find this idea of humanity being descended or interbreed with some... and Want nothing more than a light discussion. If this is wrong...? why.
    Can you prove it false... No. Can I prove it possible... No. Is it rubbish... Yes.
    Do I not have the right to question ? You can bet on it.

So a unsupported idea... looking for the discussion. Beg my pardon and, Sorry.

yes....

Quote Originally Posted by macaw View Post
    So, do you have an ATM or not? If you don't, then why did you open the thread?
    A discussion regarding aliens visiting Earth and the possibility of being the descendants of such would be a ATM idea would it not ?

Just because I want to talk of a subject does not imply I think its true.

A discussion regarding aliens visiting Earth and the possibility of being the descendants of such would be a ATM idea would it not ?

Explain the flying wheels in EZEKIEL in the bible,and the creatures that came from them.
    Aliens in Earth suits?.

There's Off-Topic Babbling.

But it might be a nice idea to have a section devoted to wild speculation - the only place on BAUT where you can have a (fairly) serious discussion about things that don't have to be proved. The only rule would be on tone: you can ask "what if" questions ("What if aliens find a way to travel faster than light?") but you cannot make positive assertions ("Aliens will have discovered a way to travel faster than light.")

Quote Originally Posted by undidly View Post
    Explain the flying wheels in EZEKIEL in the bible,and the creatures that came from them.
    Aliens in Earth suits?.
    We have no proof whatsoever that Ezekiel's vision of a wheel or its passengers were real at all. SInce there is no proof it is real, the most likely explanation is that Ezekiel was dreaming or having a vision.

This idea of aliens seeding life on Earth was raised in Star Trek Original Series' Return to Tomorrow, and later in Next Generation's The Chase. I found the latter quite entertaining, and at least at a sci-fi level, more plausible since it involved seeding DNA on planets that had not yet evolved life, and served as a nice excuse for all those humanoid races from different planets.

Something along those lines would seem necessary to me in order to posit any sort of relation of life on Earth with anything extra-Solar, since all life on Earth can be shown to have a common genetic base (so humans in particular could not be the only descendants of any purported seeding).
    For each man, according to the measure of his intelligence, must speak what he can speak, and do what he can do. - Alfred, King of Wessex
    Calm down, have some dip. -George Carlin

I'm closing this thread. ATM threads where no one is really advocating the ATM under discussion are very problematic. I would suggest that further discussion continue in the original Q&A thread.

If someone has a compelling reason to reopen this thread, please use the Report Post function.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules