I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this or not (& my apologies if not) but I've been wondering about how the system works for the comments to threads the Bad Astronomer, Dr Phil Plait, posts on his blog.
So what does happen to a BA blog comments post which is "awaiting moderation"?
1. Who moderates it?
Is it the BA personally or a team of moderators?
2. How long should we expect the process to take?
3. What do they (he?) look for & decide upon?
4. Can they (he?) edit posts - either by request or not - to make what would be an unacceptable post acceptable eg. by removing a swear word or particular offensive sentence & leaving the rest of the post intact?
5. Is there any appeal on moderation decisions there?
6. Where can folks go if they have trouble or aren't sure if they're even having trouble with moderat/ors/~ing on the BA blog comments?
7. How does this process compare & contrast with moderation here on the BAUT forum & the Universe today blog?
Again, sorry if this is breeching netiquette I've tried to find answers on the BA blogsite and been unable to, maybe not looking in the right place or missed it?
For context and as a personal sidenote; I'll also add that for some unknown reason I've been having trouble posting on the BA blog comments under my main email address in the past few days & so have resorted (legitimately I think) to using an alternative email address to get around this baffling difficulty.
I am not doing that here as I gather that is against the rules here. (& apparently a "hanging offence.")
I don't think I'm in trouble or have done anything wrong on the BA Blog Comments threads. If I am I certainly don't know why and I haven't seen any message either on the BABC threads or via email telling me so.
Honestly I don't know what's going on or what's happening there so any anyone could help explain or fix this problem would be really appreciated too. I've emailed the BA personally about this problem posting on his blog and have had no reply so far.
Now here's hoping this here post comes through okay...