I really need to reshoot this one on a good night when I can use 1x1 binning to advantage. Those nights are rare and I'd need two to get enough data. So this reprocess of an image from over 2 years ago will have to do. The original had purple arms but any attempt to fix that just made things worse. I didn't know enough about color balance at the time to fix it. I started from scratch for this version. Colors seem far more real to me. Though I ended up with less blue arms than I usually see this is what I'm getting so going with it. Think I decided to blue up the arms the first time and that's what got me into trouble. Holmberg IX was isolated during the luminance processing and processed separately. Color however was not treated separately. It's true relative brightness is much less than shown. Call it artistic license or cheating whichever you prefer. Again, this used the old, noisy, 5' subs I long since gave up on.
14" LX200R @ f/10, L=10x5' RGB=3x5', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME
I didn't do a small version, it just wasn't working within band width limits. Here's the link.