Thread: It's REALLY close now!!!

It's REALLY close now!!!

http://www.zetatalk.com/teams/rogue/nanc1198.htm

After looking at this pic I though OK, she says that her pics aren't lens flare because you can see objects between PX and the camera but says this pic is a "Fire Dragon" even though the telephone pole is obscured by it.

On the flip side;

We could go with the Moon Hoaxers and their argument of the cross hairs being behind objects on the moon and say that the thing in the above pic is between the pole and the camera.

This would make PX very close to earth and much, much smaller than stated.

I've got two problems with those images:

1. second sun is in front of the telephone pole (obvious lens flare)
    2. I do not believe that the camera's position was changed.

As for No. 2, I took images a and c and aligned them - there is NO perceivable perspective change between the two. Essentially, they are images that have been cropped differently to shift the center of the images from one side to another.

If the webcam direction had indeed been moved, there should be some noticeable differences in the relationship between the telephone pole and the mountains behind it - I cannot discern any change in perspective.

Tom Mosher
    (got the check)

Quote Originally Posted by tmosher
    Essentially, they are images that have been cropped differently to shift the center of the images from one side to another.
    Good call, tmosher, you're absolutely correct! It's the same photo, cropped 3 different ways. For them to represent this in the way that they do is (to say the least) dishonest!! But I'm not surprised.

Edited to add...

Now that I think about it for a second, I realize that a more reasonable explanation is that it's 3 different images taken from the same location. And "Walter" does state that he moved the webcam slightly..DOH!!

I think Tom is right. Notice this pic from Walter. I think the three mentioned above are just the same photo cropped different ways.

http://www.zetatalk.com/teams/rogue/nanc1191.htm

LOL!
    I looked at the photo above and did a double-take - "Hang on - I CAN discern a planet there! Gasp! Nancy must be right!!"
    THen I scrolled the page up and the spot on the screen moved out of position, too. Phew! A nasty two seconds of worry there!!!

What I was trying to say was that they were three different images taken from the same point with the camera's position unchanged. The only difference between the three is the way the image is cropped.

Tom

I think it is one panoramic image cropped three times with (insert cheap photo editing software name here).

This persona, that persona, fire dragons...she's a walking advertisement for anthropomorphistic dementia...wonder if anything else around the house talks to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie in Dayton
    This persona, that persona, fire dragons...she's a walking advertisement for anthropomorphistic dementia...wonder if anything else around the house talks to her?
    Yeah. I wonder if she ever hears her dog.......

Her chickens probably do. In fact, she probably got the idea for planet X from a chicken . . . remember Chicken Little?

One day Nancy Lieder was walking in the woods when --- KERPLUNK -- an unwrapped Starburst fell on her head.

"Oh my goodness!" said Nancy Lieder. "Planet X is coming! I must go and tell the world."

(with my apologies to the author)

Tom