Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Your current weather?

Smile Your current weather?

It's cool in my area [despite it being December, I reside in a warm climate] and breezy, with huge bars of white and sooty-gray clouds pushing through. Gorgeous. Hope we get some rain.

You?

I'm a weather watcher, would like to know about your weather.

It's probably about 30 F. It's not actually snowing right now, but we've probably got about three inches on the ground and more to come.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

overcast london, just now.
    has been clear and beautiful last few days though.

Lullie, my daawg, she likes it, when it's not raining so much. she oscillates her southern hemisphere more often then.

Cold, windy and probably drizzling.
    No snow. Grr. I love being close to the sea but you get the suckiest winter weather...

30 degrees (F); very overcast. No percipitation. Muddy ground from prior rain. Suppose to rain tonight, whilst continuing to be cold. I hate Ohio winters.

In Peters Creek, Alaska...

Current temp: 19F
    Skies: Broken 7500', Overcast 9000'
    Precip: 50% chance of snow showers
    Wind: SSW 2 mph
    Max. Humidity: 87%

Begin astronomical twilight...07:16
    Begin civil twilight..........09:10
    Sunrise.......................10:13
    Sunset........................15:37
    End civil twilight............16:40
    End astronomical twilight.....18:34

Today's daylight hours: 5:24
    Brett's the name. Peters Creek is the place.
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────
    My moderation comments will appear in this color.
    To report a post (even this one) to the moderation team, click the reporting icon in the lower-left corner of the post:
    Rules For Posting To This Board ► ◄ Forum FAQs ► ◄ Conspiracy Theory Advice ► ◄ Alternate Theory Advice

Today in DFW

Hi, Buttercup,

Weather here is overcast skies, high humidity, cool and SE breeze about 10mph (16kph). It was real foggy last night and this morning.

Basically our weather depends on which way the wind is blowing.

Yep, way cooler than expected for this time of year. Right now [6 pm local time] it is 22C (~70F). Weve had lows of 15C this week. Nice.

This week has been a lot better than the last two weeks, the snow has finally gone, it is icy in parts and this evening it started to rain, the wind has got up and the weather reports severe gale warnings, my car nearly got blown off the road this afternoon due to the strong wind.
    The temp outside at the moment is : L3 H8, cold all the same.
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

46 degrees, Raining, and a slight breeze

29 degress, heavy snow here. Of course, most of the Seattle metro area is completely paralyzed...

Broken clouds, temperature starting to drop below freezing. Possible light snow tonight, then another biggish rain/ice/snow storm Sat/Sun.

About an inch of snow on the ground, the weatherman (who has been wrong before) is calling for freezing rain. On weather.com, we show as just above the band of pink freezing rain down in southern Illinois; we're keeping our fingers crossed that it stays in Carbondale , and that the bigger pink blob currently over Iowa stays on their side of the Mississippi.

Still, I went out and bought a gallon of milk this morning, and checked the freezer--if we have a full-tilt-boogie ice storm and the power goes out, stuff stays frozen longer if it's full.

Yup. It's full.

Two years ago, during the Great Ice Storm of '06, our power was out for 10 days. I still have a tote full of candles down in the basement.

Bring it on.

25 deg. with 8 to 10 inches of snow due tonight.

Jim

I'm sorry, but:

Satellite Beach, FL
    5:00 PM conditions
    Temp: 69 F, cloudy
    Wind: ENE @ 7 mph
    Visibility: 7 miles
    Low tonight: 63 F, clear
    Tomorrow: 76 F, clear

Florida sounds nice

Quote Originally Posted by Graybeard6 View Post
    I'm sorry, but:

Satellite Beach, FL
    5:00 PM conditions
    Temp: 69 F, cloudy
    Wind: ENE @ 7 mph
    Visibility: 7 miles
    Low tonight: 63 F, clear
    Tomorrow: 76 F, clear
    Got a spare room?
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

It's the first clear night in days and I just got back from looking at Orion. Snow's expected for tomorrow.

About 35 C, rain predicted. Sucks.

Mostly Cloudy
    Temperture:66
    Feels Like: 66
    Barometer: 30.03 in and rising
    Humidity: 100%
    Visibility: 3 mi
    Dewpoint: 66
    Wind: VAR 5 mph
    Sunrise: 7:21 am
    Sunset: 5:36 pm

Tomorrow, high of 79/ low of 58.

We've got fog so thick you can cut it with a knife!

I left Coastal California to beat one storm and got caught in another. Since I am traveling I will just say...well, I'll try not to hijack this thread so I'll start one with the story elsewhere. How the weather relates though, is this:

I beat the storm that came in off the coast and snowed the Sierras in. I got across the pass just as it started raining.

I got to central Nevada just as...we'll say this: By the time I got to Laramie, WY about 1,000 miles (1600 km) later, 400 miles were spent in driving snow, another 400 in high wind gusts (60mph/100km), and enough ice to make big bad truck drivers admit to peeing their pants. And then my heater went out...(I'm now in Michigan)

This is the same storm that snowed in Seattle and Vegas and set record lows in several places.
    Last edited by man on the moon; 2008-Dec-19 at 05:21 AM. Reason: to correct my tenses

In the teens F and starting to snow. We're expected to get a foot or more. Luckily, most of the sleet and freezing rain is staying south of us. May be bad for Jigsaw.
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

It's about 2 and raining here. Why did I come back from Indonesia again?

BTW all, I can't read your bizarro American degrees. See, this is why NASA keeps losing spacecraft. Quit yammerin' nonsense.

- J

Quote Originally Posted by Jay200MPH View Post
    It's about 2 and raining here. Why did I come back from Indonesia again?

BTW all, I can't read your bizarro American degrees. See, this is why NASA keeps losing spacecraft. Quit yammerin' nonsense.

- J
    What, ya want us to go metric, Mister Miles Per Hour?
    :-)
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

I like miles just fine because they start at zero like any sensible unit. The process of subtracting 32 from the temperature to get the actual temperature, however, is beyond all rationality.

- J

In this curious country of the UK, petrol is sold in litres, but roads are measured in miles. Ideally fuel consumption should be published in miles per litre, but it always given as either mile per (uk) gallon or litres per 100km. The facts of the measuring devices availablt to me mean that I find it hard to take much in knowing how many litres of petrol (well diesel really) my car needs to go 62.15 miles, nor how many miles I can go on 4.5 litres.

Whilst we do seem to be stuck with miles in this country, I do wish we'd go the whole way given that everything else (apart from glasses of beer aside) is in metres, kg and litres.

The US's stickiness for measuring temps in Frankenstein and selling hog bellies in bushels and the like is remarkably short-sighted. The rest of the world is watching, and laughing, so do us the favour of providing a translation. After all, you need to understand the international method whenever you go abroad, or send space ships to Mars, so you ought to be good at the translation. And even when you do do metric, you often do it in cgs which is not SI (systeme internationale) and that gives you obscure units like dynes and ergs. 1 unit (kWh) of electricity, which costs about GBP0.10, is 360000000000000 ergs, isn't that convenient.

Meanwhile, we have a nice sunny day in London. It's 7C, which is much more like normal for December than the cold weather we had the last two or three weeks when it has barely crept above 4C. Tomorrow the forecast is for 13C and sunny intervals. I might have to abandon this Icelandic jumper I've been wearing the last three weeks. That's unusual, because more normally when the temp is in the mid-teens in midwinter in London, it's because we have weather system coming in from the SW off the Atlantic and it's wet and windy. In fact whenever we have such a weather system coming in from the SW, the temp is usually in the mid-teens summer or winter.

-35C, clear, light breeze. Supposed to warm up to -24C today.

I think I'll work indoors today.

This morning the temp is a bit under the freezing point of water. Woke up to an overnight snow, looks like about 6", the whole place is covered. Winter wonderland.

That's before trying to get to work.