Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nibiru Question

Nibiru Question

Although I know your personal belief is that Nibiru / Doomsday 2012 is a hoax. I am curious if you know what the names of each of the theoretical planets that revolve around the dwarf star that Nibiru supposedly revolves around are called. Can you tell me these names?

So you want the names of theoretical planets (of which Nibiru is supposedly one) revolving around a theoretical dwarf star?

According to who's theory?

Sneezy
    Sleepy
    Dopey
    Doc
    Happy
    Grumpy
    And the one I always... Bashful!

Welcome to BAUT Forum. Sorry I don't actually know the answer. Well, I'm not sorry that I don't know... but I'm sorry that I can't help you.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bo4394 View Post
    Although I know your personal belief is that Nibiru / Doomsday 2012 is a hoax.
    It's a matter of lack of supporting evidence, not personal belief.

I am curious if you know what the names of each of the theoretical planets that revolve around the dwarf star that Nibiru supposedly revolves around are called. Can you tell me these names?
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand how this is a scientific question. Let me try something similar: If I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard, can you tell me the names of its relatives?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Bo4394
    Junior Member,. Welcome to the forum.

There is no answer that is correct for your question.
    Because no star has been found and named 'Nibiru' . That is the fact you seem to have missed.
    Norr has a planetary object been found and named 'Nibiru' .
    and while I have your attention can I tell you that there is no such thing as a shooting star. Stars do not seem to shoot. That bright thing in our daytime sky we call the sun, is a star. There is a lot of stuff orbiting that star. Planet Earth is one of them. I have searched the catalogs for this thing called 'Nibiru' Oddly, It is not listed. Might that indicate that it is not there.
    Bo., This web site has many amature and some professional astronomers as members. Some of us are directly involved with observatories and most would be happy to engage with you in discussions regarding the science of astronomy.
    Might I put your fears at ease by offering this... There is no mystery star,. No Nibiru. There is no known object of any significance that might be a hidden threat. The community of astronomers is looking for you. sleep well.

Smile Lack of evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Originally Posted by Bo4394
    Although I know your personal belief is that Nibiru / Doomsday 2012 is a hoax.
    It's a matter of lack of supporting evidence, not personal belief.
    This is the most accurate statement that can be made as yet, there does not appear to be any supporting evidence for the planet Nibiru if it is indeed even a planet. One suggested possibility is a time of active galactic nuclei in which the massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy becomes highly active due to a change in the material in space surrounding it.

In that case a proposal put forward is an increase in charged particles in the gamma bands might sweep the planet and illuminate the dust clouds in between us and the galactic nuclei. In that case it might present as an eerie blue light in the night and possibly even in the daylight sky with accompanying severe dose of radiation would be registered on the earth.

We do not see this happening at this present time because the galactic nuclei is assumed to have cleared the central region of space and is considered to be in starvation mode.

Bottom line is that unless it happens and then just what form it may take is an unknown. Consequently there is a lot of speculation going on. Unless there is a clear indication that something has been missed in the standard model of physics or the scientific community feel like discussing the possible merits of some alternatives you will just have to wait and see like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo4394 View Post
    Although I know your personal belief is that Nibiru / Doomsday 2012 is a hoax. I am curious if you know what the names of each of the theoretical planets that revolve around the dwarf star that Nibiru supposedly revolves around are called. Can you tell me these names?
    Hello Bo4394, welcome to BAUT.

The term "Nibiru" is found in the Enuma Elish, the mesopotamian creation epic, and is one of the 50 names given to Marduk. It is, in fact, identified as a "star:"

"... the star, which shineth in the heavens.
    May he hold the Beginning and the Future, may they pay homage unto him,
    Saying, "He who forced his way through the midst of Tiamat without resting,
    Let his name be Nibiru, 'the Seizer of the Midst'!
    For the stars of heaven he upheld the paths,
    He shepherded all the gods like sheep!
    ..."

Mainstream scholars of the Ancient Near East will tell you Marduk is Jupiter, and so by this one might suggest Nibiru too, is Jupiter.
    The answer to your question then would be Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, etc. etc.
    Where the telescope ends, the microscope begins. Which of the two has the greater view?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    ... Let me try something similar: If I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard, can you tell me the names of its relatives?
    Answered previously:
    Quote Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post
    Sneezy
    Sleepy
    Dopey
    Doc
    Happy
    Grumpy
    And the one I always (forget)... Bashful!
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Answered previously:
    Bah, those are Dwarfs!

Where the telescope ends, the microscope begins. Which of the two has the greater view?

Quote Originally Posted by Veeger View Post
    So you want the names of theoretical planets (of which Nibiru is supposedly one) revolving around a theoretical dwarf star?

According to who's theory?
    Well, HHSyuenND is probably one of them. With a name like that, it just has to be...

Question Sticks and stones

Quote Originally Posted by mugaliens View Post
    Well, HHSyuenND is probably one of them. With a name like that, it just has to be...
    Well let's just hope there is nothing in it then. This is a link to a BBC Documentary on geology, time and change through the ages.

It is quite informative. The big surprise naturally doesn't come until near the end of part 5. My question would be ... even with a couple of years notice how on earth do you evacuate a continent?

The only Nibiru I have heard of is the one mentioned (as already stated) in the Enuma Elish; however, it is supposedly the twelfth planet in our solar system. In other words, it orbits our Sun, not some star in a faraway solar system. Furthermore, I have not heard of any connection between its return and the end of the Mayan Age in 2012.

Zecharia Sitchin has written about ten books as part of his "Earth Chronicles" on the topic. His latest, "The End of Days", might have some newer information (I haven't read it), but of course, like you have indicated, most people believe it is all speculation. I wouldn't make any plans around it.

(Of course it will be cool to live through the end of one Age and the beginning of another. I doubt anything drastic will happen but just being able to say the Age changed during our lifetime will tickle my fancy.)

The 2012 date is a 200,000 year time scale that if you are going to translate it to astronomy it is closer to the earth's wobble that takes that amount of time? or that i've heard that Sol is going through a zone where there are very few stars in the area, but i think that's wrong.

There is also an algorithm apparently that if plotted over a timeline the peaks and valleys line up with the dates of major revolutions and tragedies and that 2012 that point is off the scale... but really you could extend and shrink a time line in various ways and make anything a major point in history to make that work...

more over most people who look a lot at the 2012 stuff it doesn't say end of the world... it's end of the current way of life where the world has to go down a decidely positive or negative path... neither of which is "end of the world."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Noonan View Post
    My question would be ... even with a couple of years notice how on earth do you evacuate a continent?
    Taking the ones who don't wish to leave would require an extraordinary amount of resources, probably more than are available.

You simply publish the information, keep publishing it, and eventually, most of those who do wish to leave will leave, on foot if they have to. Naturally, many would die along the way. With the right infrastructure, however, this could be minimized:

Food: The world is already in a food shortage. It would be very difficult to provide food for a continent of people who're no longer being employed to produce their own food. This would be the real killer. I think stopping farmer subsidies for not producing corn, then transporting all excess grain over there would help. It would keep them alive, at any rate.

I got through survival school on a small piece of meat, 1/3 of an onion, and 1/3 of a potato a day. I had a knive, a canteen, and a small, fist-sized cup with handle in which I'd boil my food, along with any edible foods I'd managed to gather/catch that day.

But a continent of people would easily overwhelm organized efforts to feed them, and they'd ravage the landscape (if not one another).

Clothing: What they have on their skin. You might ramp some basic

Shelter: Hotels? Forget it. I say give 'em all tents, airdropped along the way. Better yet, drop massive quantities of fabric, on bolts, and let them make their own, along with their own clothes. A few simple pictograms of a basic teepee, and a travois would help.

Back to fabric - I've a lightweight, but very warm, durable, and wind/waterproof jacket made of a nylon shell and microfleec lining. The material is easily mass-produced, and the fleeceless variety would make great teepee cloth. It's easily repaired (I repaired a small rip in my jacket with needle and thread in less than 5 min). You could even make it bright yellow, to ensure all these people are easily spotted. It extreme cold, it can be layered.

Those who wait until the last minute before making the trek, well, that's just evolution weeding out the procrastinators.

Bottom line: I'd put the odds of getting through that situation alive, even with, literally, all the help in the world, at less than 50%.

Unhappy

Bottom line: I'd put the odds of getting through that situation alive, even with, literally, all the help in the world, at less than 50%.
    Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Durakken View Post
    more over most people who look a lot at the 2012 stuff it doesn't say end of the world... it's end of the current way of life where the world has to go down a decidely positive or negative path... neither of which is "end of the world."
    I was rather hoping to have the Tee-shirt that said "I survived 2012" many years after the event as a collectors item.

Mugs I somewhat agree, but not totally... From what I have read the place most likely to get hit with any major disaster would be north america. The USA, more specifically. There are only maybe 500-600 million people that would be in the area that is in a distance that if you don't move you'll experience a worse fate than had you stayed. By that I mean...if there is a cataclysm it's going to effect the world to a large degree and there are only a relatively few people that are within a range of the initial event that will die while every where else will experience no more favorable conditions than any other.

That being said...most cataclysms of the nature we are talking of are instant and there is not enough time to evacuate so it really does no good to really bother with making any plans. A few are not that serious to even consider a long term evacuation and the one that we can do anything about we would know years in advance (such as the possible 2015 pass and 2036? impact) We can move people and increase farming for a few years which would be more than enough to hold most people that have to move over for a couple of years and where they would go is...just about anywhere as housing outside of Asia is really poorly done and uses too much land for a small number of people.

China which has 2 billion people in it uses the size of roughly 1/2 the united states to house people...after an impact that is survivable but causes damage that would be the same amount of area left over most likely so it would just take people retrofitting their houses or moving back into areas that are no longer being used as much which there are plenty of...people also moving in with relatives...

The biggest crises isn't the move nor the food, but rather the industry and business might collapse the global economy which really deals the biggest blow over the short term imo.

I'll take those odds!! So long as we are evacuating Australia and not Asia or something. Antarctica would be cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by formulaterp View Post
    I'll take those odds!! So long as we are evacuating Australia and not Asia or something. Antarctica would be cheating.
    there'd be little point to evacuating antartica... considering the rest of the world would be just as if not more screwed than anyone living there.

Obscure In Joke

Quote Originally Posted by A.DIM View Post
    Bah, those are Dwarfs!

Are those the same as dwarves?

If they are related to the D'ourdan elves... stay away.

I give in... concede defeat... admit error... sacrum to presure...fall into line...

Let there be absolutely no doubt! We are going to die... and 2012 seems like as good a time as ever. Going to hell in a hand cart...

Right then, Now I have your attention; Show me the evidence for this event.

No, not some vague innuendo of what might happen.
    Proof that some object of actual substance is on a collision coarse with this planet Earth. When you can. come back and sing the warnings... until then go tell your friends the elves.

This questions and answers forum is not the place for this subject. I fail to see the question. and as an answer. I too have failed to supply any new facts. Only to add...
    We are watching. Many good astronomers are already involved in the search for that rogue object signaling a collision event that might endanger humanity.
    I will be interested if this subject has any actuall facts in it. Now its back to being a Santa's little helper... where me green jacket? Mark the elf.

I **really** hope that all the crackpots who go on about 2012 will still be members here come January 2013 after, of course, nothing happens in 2012.

Then I'll point them to this and the other idiotic threads about this nonsense and suggest that they finally remove their heads from their hindsides.

Quote Originally Posted by kleindoofy View Post
    I **really** hope that all the crackpots who go on about 2012 will still be members here come January 2013 after, of course, nothing happens in 2012.

Then I'll point them to this and the other idiotic threads about this nonsense and suggest that they finally remove their heads from their hindsides.
    Yes, its nice to have a dream. I wouldn't count on it though. More likely, they'll be on about how we're all going to die in 2016 from some new nonsense.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    More likely, they'll be on about how we're all going to die in 2016 from some new nonsense.
    That was my trade secret! Rats, now I need another book idea.

===

This was supposed to be about Niburu, not year 2012. But, the topic has scored enough mentions of 2012 to merit a reference copy of this list of some BAUT Forum topics that have addressed aspects of predictions for year 2012, and some allied articles:

1. 2003 no, 2012 si
    2. 2012
    3. End of Mayan Calendar
    4. Pole shift / Planetary alignment 2012?
    5. 2012 alignment question
    6. about the Mayan 2012 item
    7. 2012 Debunking?
    8. Possible asteroid impact in 2012?
    9. 2012 asteroid?
    10. We don't have to worry about 2012!
    11. More on 2012 from India Daily
    12. 2012 Completion of conspiracy?
    13. Here's what's REALLY going to happen in 2012...
    14. crop circles, Planet X and 2012
    15. Planet X, crop circles and 2012 cataclysma
    16. According to the Mayans, what will happen on 23rd Dec. 2012?
    17. More 2012 Nonsense
    18. NEO 2012?
    19. Dangerous NEO in 2012?
    20. Christmas 2012
    21. 2012 mayan calender end of world
    22. Regarding the supposed polar shift/new ice age in 2012
    23. New 2012 threat?
    24. 2012 look at this thing on the sun
    25. Russian Expert Predicts Global Cooling from 2012
    26. Pole shift idea origins
    27. Dec 20 2012
    28. 2012 Stuff
    29. No reply previous question
    30. Horizon Project-New End of World Scare?
    31. Date: December 21st 2012
    32. Earth passing thru Galactic center in 2012 - didn't that already happen?
    33. 2012: What do you think well happen (if anything)
    34. So what will we see in 2012?
    35. Galactic Tsunami?
    36. Plane of the ecliptic of the galaxy?
    37. Earth's Magnetic Field & 2012
    38. 2012?
    39. Any truth to this?
    40. How can the sun be aligned with Galactic centre?
    41. the whole 2012 poles flip nonsense
    42. Planet X Official Advertisement
    43. What year are we in
    44. Quick question about the sun
    45. Galactic Alignment
    46. Books of 2012! -
    47. 2007 = 2012
    48. Return of Planet X By Rand
    49. Don Alejandro - Mayan Elder.
    50. Toutatis 4179: 2012?
    51. Galactic Alignment in 2012 ?
    52. Solar Storms
    53. A real prediction!
    54. NIBURU - Brown Dwarf, The DESTROYER
    55. 2012 Galactic Alignment
    56. Not 2012 again! But I cant help it~
    57. New evidence for 2012 TEOTWAWKI!!!
    58. this may be a silly question but...
    59. Just to know if this is true
    60. Just Wondering...
    61. Planet X/Nibiru, is it real?
    62. Youv heard this a million times.
    63. Nibaru or Planet X
    64. Mayan calendar
    65. 2012 Article?
    66. can i say something please on planet x
    67. Nibiru
    68. The growing earth.... :P
    69. Our Solar System's Eclipse of the Galactic Plane on Dec 21, 2012?
    70. Something scaring the hell out of me....
    71. It's Only the end of the World AGAIN!!! (Woo Woo Alert)
    72. 2021 Doomsday
    73. is it just me or is the milky way brighter..?
    74. Polar Shift in 2012?
    75. I would like to ask about Nubiru stuff...
    76. Bit behind the times, my appologies...
    77. the "pole shift thing"
    78. All the Truth about 2012
    79. Confused about 2012 (yes, another one!)
    80. Another paranoia mind due to 2012
    81. novelty theory
    82. Possibility of Pole Shift
    83. 2012 Vectors
    84. Nibiru Question

Universe Today: No Doomsday in 2012
    Bad Astronomy Blog: 2012, the year nothing will happen
    Universe Today: 2012: No Planet X
    Universe Today: 2012: Planet X is not Nibiru
    Universe Today: 2012: No Killer Solar Flare
    Universe Today: 2012: No Geomagnetic Reversal
    Last edited by 01101001; 2008-Nov-27 at 10:08 PM.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

There is an asteroid that is coming close in 2015 and if the earth effects it's orbit right it will be back around 2036? and hit us >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Durakken View Post
    There is an asteroid that is coming close in 2015 and if the earth effects it's orbit right it will be back around 2036? and hit us >.>
    Apophis 99942, and there's 351 search hits on this board for it.
    It will pass in 2013 and 2029 at which time the orbit can be better determined. It's well studied, and the chance of it hitting in 2036 is 1:45000 (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    It's well studied, and the chance of it hitting in 2036 is 1:45000 (so far)
    And, as most here probably know, it's big enough to bother a whole lot of people for a long time, but not to end the human line. In the teeny-tiny rare chance it impacted, despite probable efforts to turn it if necessary, damage would be regional, and the endangered locations would be predicted well in advance, allowing people the chance to evacuate to a safer part of the planet.

That won't sell enough books to support my lifestyle. I need to predict a more certain-seeming event, but one with more mystery.

Located?

Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post

Mark the elf.
    Astro, are you living at Van Rijn's?

Regards, John M.

Quote Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post
    That was my trade secret! Rats, now I need another book idea.
    What about 2017? I don't believe that one's been taken, yet.

So the Answer is... We are doomed. In 2012 or 2017, no wait that might be 2029, or is it 2036... (much after that I wont care... ) and its some rock called Opophis or is it Na bu oh what the heck... put the wagons in a circle and ring Bruce Willis for help.
    Find an old green crimpaleene suit, go on the teli... talk of dooms day and invite after life insurance... ya cant go wrong... forget the book idea. most of your market target audience can not read and spell worser than me... mark the Elf.