Thread: the "pole shift thing"

Cool the "pole shift thing"

I was searching for a scientific explaination in regards to the (possibly) inevitable "earth-flip" apparently ,scheduled to take place sometime in 2012.I read a few "woofy" comments (sounded very republican I might add!) stating for example that "new age nut jobs" etc,, are foolishly expecting something grand to happen at predicted time.Funny,the simple truth is,what ever will happen is GOING TO HAPPEN regardless of stuffy republican principles or eccentric "nutty new age theories".
    Likewise ,I read a few lines referring to "indigo children".Honestly,is it so hard to accept that humans can evolve?We have ya know!(In many ways,not all so positive!)
    So,my search continues,,I just want a good nerdy tutoring on the subject of planetary shifts,,not to mention I donīt mind a good arguement/debate once in a while either!
    best ..law

Law, click the search menu item in the forum title bar and search for "pole shift" or 2012. You will find plenty of information to keep you busy for a while.

Welcome to the forum - read the rules - its very important.

It's been 4 whole days since the last one. I had a feeling we were due.

Only about 4 more years to go until December 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by law245 View Post
    [...] sometime in 2012 [...]
    Searchers for 2012 information in this forum might come to this thread, and they might appreciate this list of some BAUT Forum topics that touched on the many baseless predictions for 2012 events, and some allied articles:

1. 2003 no, 2012 si
    2. 2012
    3. End of Mayan Calendar
    4. Pole shift / Planetary alignment 2012?
    5. 2012 alignment question
    6. about the Mayan 2012 item
    7. 2012 Debunking?
    8. Possible asteroid impact in 2012?
    9. 2012 asteroid?
    10. We don't have to worry about 2012!
    11. More on 2012 from India Daily
    12. 2012 Completion of conspiracy?
    13. Here's what's REALLY going to happen in 2012...
    14. crop circles, Planet X and 2012
    15. Planet X, crop circles and 2012 cataclysma
    16. According to the Mayans, what will happen on 23rd Dec. 2012?
    17. More 2012 Nonsense
    18. NEO 2012?
    19. Dangerous NEO in 2012?
    20. Christmas 2012
    21. 2012 mayan calender end of world
    22. Regarding the supposed polar shift/new ice age in 2012
    23. New 2012 threat?
    24. 2012 look at this thing on the sun
    25. Russian Expert Predicts Global Cooling from 2012
    26. Pole shift idea origins
    27. Dec 20 2012
    28. 2012 Stuff
    29. Horizon Project-New End of World Scare?
    30. Date: December 21st 2012
    31. Earth passing thru Galactic center in 2012 - didn't that already happen?
    32. 2012: What do you think well happen (if anything)
    33. So what will we see in 2012?
    34. Galactic Tsunami?
    35. Plane of the ecliptic of the galaxy?
    36. Earth's Magnetic Field & 2012
    37. 2012?
    38. Any truth to this?
    39. How can the sun be aligned with Galactic centre?
    40. the whole 2012 poles flip nonsense
    41. Planet X Official Advertisement
    42. What year are we in
    43. Quick question about the sun
    44. Galactic Alignment
    45. Books of 2012! -
    46. 2007 = 2012
    47. Return of Planet X By Rand
    48. Don Alejandro - Mayan Elder.
    49. Toutatis 4179: 2012?
    50. Galactic Alignment in 2012 ?
    51. Solar Storms
    52. A real prediction!
    53. NIBURU - Brown Dwarf, The DESTROYER
    54. 2012 Galactic Alignment
    55. Not 2012 again! But I cant help it~
    56. New evidence for 2012 TEOTWAWKI!!!
    57. this may be a silly question but...
    58. Just to know if this is true
    59. Just Wondering...
    60. Planet X/Nibiru, is it real?
    61. Youv heard this a million times.
    62. Nibaru or Planet X
    63. Mayan calendar
    64. 2012 Article?
    65. can i say something please on planet x
    66. Nibiru
    67. The growing earth.... :P
    68. Our Solar System's Eclipse of the Galactic Plane on Dec 21, 2012?
    69. Something scaring the hell out of me....
    70. Its Only the end of the World AGAIN!!! (Woo Woo Alert)
    71. 2021 Doomsday
    72. is it just me or is the milky way brighter..?
    73. Polar Shift in 2012?
    74. I would like to ask about Nubiru stuff...
    75. Bit behind the times, my appologies...
    76. the "pole shift thing"

Universe Today: No Doomsday in 2012
    Bad Astronomy Blog: 2012, the year nothing will happen
    Universe Today: 2012: No Planet X
    Universe Today: 2012: Planet X is not Nibiru
    Universe Today: 2012: No Killer Solar Flare

Welcome to BAUT Forum.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

All that 2012 crap has been througly debunked several times here, just follow the relevant links posted by our binary friend.

Also, evolution is a continuous process. Nobody who understands it denies it's happening right now, with everything, including humans. The whole indigo children thing is pretty much nonsense, though.

5. 2008-Sep-22, 04:23 PM

My favorite "indigo children" story has one such parent-proclaimed prodigy being held up as Indigated because he claimed to be "the resurrection of an Avatar who can manipulate the Four Elements and enter the Spirit Realm". Guess the folks don't watch too many cartoons, that's the plot of Avatar: The Last Airbender!
    I'm a cynical optimist. I think the only way out is through, but once we get through it'll be better. Very different, but better. Howard Tayler

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin

Power, Lord Acton says, corrupts. Not always. What power always does is reveal. Robert A. Caro

Pole Shif-t

I got out my tape measure this morning and determined that the pole shifted 3 feet since last night...soon the fairy folk ride

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLane View Post
    I got out my tape measure this morning and determined that the pole shifted 3 feet since last night...soon the fairy folk ride
    Three feet in one side?
    that's a lot of shifting for a pole.

Even during election year.

I deny the game playing, politics influenced science of magnetic pole moving. I think we should explore the controversy surrounding the possibility that God doesn't allow the poles to move.

Furthermore we need to wait until all the data is in before determining whether the poles are actually changing.

wow, that actually hurt my head to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Vegan View Post
    I deny the game playing, politics influenced science of magnetic pole moving. I think we should explore the controversy surrounding the possibility that God doesn't allow the poles to move.

Furthermore we need to wait until all the data is in before determining whether the poles are actually changing.

wow, that actually hurt my head to say...
    Well they managed to sell us a crapload of 3m duct tape after 911. I remember Homeland security "public advertisings...er I meant announcements" that specifically said to buy 3M duct tape and plastic window insulators for doors and windows. AND I remember the local Super Walmart selling out of alot of 3M products that month. Amazing how the herd shifts for the Man!

Bet I know where some greedy overspeculating conservative stock investing went that time?

Politics is such a cheat for us.
    The only way a cause worth anything makes it to center stage is if some pork barrelling or interest group lobbying for favors gets a hold of the darned thing to sway public opinion later at the polls.

So yes, the magnetic polelymagiggy thingy should keep things focused on what party or candidate is for it or against it till 2012 when guess what? Election time rolls around again.

Read the rules and avoid political discussion.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

The poles will not shift in 2011. The magnetic field of the earth does flip, but it has done so many times in the past with no ill effects to life.

The only effect 2011 has is the amount of money in the pockets of the people promoting this bulls**t, due to the ignorant people that buy into nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    Read the rules and avoid political discussion.
    sure thing. thanks. I will buy the political discussion view discredit.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewota View Post
    The poles will not shift in 2011. The magnetic field of the earth does flip, but it has done so many times in the past with no ill effects to life.

The only effect 2011 has is the amount of money in the pockets of the people promoting this bulls**t, due to the ignorant people that buy into nonsense.
    Exactly,the north pole shifts from Polaris to Vega every 1 million years or so I believe. A THEORY! As for the extreme views on it, I believe it is funny how I see all these B movies showing everything going down the drain when the poles shift or is in the final phases of shifting.

I think many people saw the aforementioned B movies when they were kids and forgot they watched these films, and when a blog or website shows up somewhere depicting planetwide destruction on pole shifting they think they read it in a book or scientific journal LOL!

But that is observed on many topics of discussion these days that deal with a planet encompassing theory or study when it gets filtered down to the non-scientific population.
    Last edited by Rex84; 2008-Dec-10 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a link but it is no longer working. Gee, I wonder why?

Found a good wikipedia link for this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_polar_wander

Could not find the link for the one showing the end of the world because of pole-shifting.

Guess they made enough money to open that oil well in Nigeria.HEH-HEH!

Quote Originally Posted by LucasVB View Post
    All that 2012 crap has been througly debunked several times here, just follow the relevant links posted by our binary friend.

Also, evolution is a continuous process. Nobody who understands it denies it's happening right now, with everything, including humans. The whole indigo children thing is pretty much nonsense, though.

Be careful there, I was admonished by a moderator for using the "c" word here..

Wink Pole Shift

It is already happening..The changes are at work right now.

Welcome to the forum, Ipennisi.
    Which pole shift (magnetic or rotational axis) are you referring to? Magnetic pole shifts are not unusual, magnetic reversals occur very infrequently. There is some evidence of axial shifts due to "true polar wander" in the past, but these changes occur very slowly over the course of thousands, if not millions of years.

Smile You are all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Veeger View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Ipennisi.
    Which pole shift (magnetic or rotational axis) are you referring to? Magnetic pole shifts are not unusual, magnetic reversals occur very infrequently. There is some evidence of axial shifts due to "true polar wander" in the past, but these changes occur very slowly over the course of thousands, if not millions of years.
    It is the physical pole shift and not the magnetic or rotational axis. To satisfy the needs of a world awaiting the pole shift on December 21 2012 a series of excavations will be made and the poles representing North and South will be interchanged.