View Poll Results: How will mankind end?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Coke or Pepsi debate will spark a fatal world war.

9 25.00%
  • A world leader gets drunk and accidently launches nukes.

19 52.78%
  • Aliens blow up the planet because they hate the color blue.

8 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Will Mankind End?

How Will Mankind End?

I'm really tired and bored at the moment. How Will Mankind End? :-? #-o

EDIT: Fixed dumb sleep caused error.

Womankind will find out about his 'girlfriend'

Quote Originally Posted by Gmann
    Womankind will find out about his 'girlfriend'
    LOL

I think that it will not be some big explosion from a bomb (at least I hope not), but rather some disease that will do us in.

That or possible a comet like the dinasour killer commet. IS there a proper name for that one?

How mankind will end?

Tired and bored. ;-)

That or possible a comet like the dinasour killer commet. IS there a proper name for that one?
    It was called 'Ellie' in Sudden Impact, also known as ELE (Extinction Level Event)

It was called 'Ellie' in Sudden Impact, also known as ELE (Extinction Level Event)
    I guess you mean "Deep Impact"...

"God creates dinosaurs, god destroys dinosaurs, god creates man, man destroys god, man creates dinosaurs..."

"Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth."

I personally believe in life after death, so in that respect I don't think that mankind will ever 'really' become extinct. But that's just my oppinion. It's certainly more optomistic than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by xbck1
    "God creates dinosaurs, god destroys dinosaurs, god creates man, man destroys god, man creates dinosaurs..."

World still has problems. Woman goes stark raving mad due to lack of man to blame it on!

Homo sapiens eventually dies out. Only question is whether we speciate first.

It's got to be the drunken world leader! I've heard of quite a few world leaders that might do that!

All antibiotics become ineffective (2030-2040AD);
    nuclear weapons used to control plague by wiping out infected populations (2040-2050AD);
    gradual ebb of civilization and return to barbarism (2050-2250AD);
    remnant human population stabilizes at 10,000,000 (2250-3000AD);
    humans gradually eliminated by disease and famine over next 50,000 years as rats become top species.

So, eat, drink, and be merry ...
    cos right now, everything is ticketyboo!

Bush at the end of 2004 while holding a bottle of Vodka: "What do you *burp* mean I lost *burp* the election? *hiccup* What's this *burp* button *hiccup* do?"

KABOOOOM

Hey! The image of the President getting drunk on swigs of vodka is disgusting.

Lone Star long neck.

:wink:

Slaves to our alien masters...or was that a movie plot......... #-o

Dang! i was going to quote that. Meanie! :P

Added:
    How will we end? Women will finally get fed up with our laziness and just poison all of our snacks. But then there will be nobody to blame for that damn tree that falls in the woods, so they will go mad themsleves. :-P

But seriously? I think disease has the best possiblility.

Added 2: Or you could get technicqal and wait a few hundred thousand years. Then we might technically not be called [i]Homo Sapien[i] anymore.

Overpopulation, religious intolerance meets class warfare, evolution of language deletes the term "Man." Class Religious Intolerance of Overpopulated Language Evolution, or (CRIOLE). This means the world ends when poorly educated backwater ethnic Louisianans discover that GW's pronunciation of "Nucoolar" is incorrect. In other words, I have no flippin' idea. ](*,)

How Will Mankind End?
    BY MY HAND!!... HAHA!

I guess the question is "Will mankind ever end?". Unless a disease has the ability to overcome everything we have and systematically destroy everyone... even a few people left on a secluded island, or in antarctica, and I'm guessing it won't happen... An engineered disease put in weapons to be specifially delivered everywhere could... but I think it is doubtful this will happen...

Even nuclear war wouldn't probably get every single one of us. Come to think of it I believe there will always be enough left to start over again.

Maybe we're seeing the wrong end of things... maybe we are the plague of the universe, and for now we're contained to only one planet... but just wait...

I'm more concerned of what will happen if mankind NEVER ends... and what if we ever get the possibilty of traveling anywhere, and I mean any distance in a ridiculously short time... soon it could be the solar system, the entire galaxy, and why not all the universe? If we are unopposed we can take it all... populate everything remotely habitable in the universe... and then the space between everywhere we inhabit!

Now now I'm aware this isn't thermodynamically possible.

What I believe is that humans will be partly eradicated from time to time, but always manage to get back to this point and further... for example our civilization will be vastly destroyed by our infamous weapons of mass destruction (for example)... what will remain will be individuals... then they will be gangs or tribes, small outposts, and fighting for control of the wastelands, former cities. As it goes the small outposts will become villages, cities... union of villages and cities will form new nations, which will lead to new wars, new confrontations, until the same mistakes are made again, and again, and again, and again. We won't go back to step one, but will suffer major setbacks. Confrontation is in the nature of humans, and they can't seem to live without agression and violence. So be it, it will just slow us down but if we can't do without it we'll do with.

Dec. 25 2004 Mankind is done in by radioactive Ebola inriched eggnog.

I know. Mankind will end when a couple of aliens are flying by and their ship backfires a huge mass of antimatter!

The entire world will break for commercial and some idiot will just turn off the television.

Duh everyone.

It's gonna happen at Ragnarook.

Except those two people who hide in the tree.

Except those two people who hide in the tree.
    Hey!! How did you see?!?

The world/humankind will coem to an end when the Governator becomes President.

The world/humankind will coem to an end when the Governator becomes President.
    Well, considering that that would take a Constitutional Amendment, I don't think there's much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by kucharek
    I guess you mean "Deep Impact"...
    I did, somehow Clint Eastwood got involved in this. May not be too far off the mark, if any one could end the world, Dirty Harry could do it.

Arnold could become speaker of the house of representatives and be third in line of succession. Then if the president and vice president were to somehow be terminated he'd be president.

Not quite, he would have to first be elected to the House, then be selected as speaker (assuming his party was in the majority), then he would have to travel back in time, move his parents from Austria so he could be born in the US. If he actually did become house speaker, he would be passed over in the line of succession due to the fact that he is not native born.

after working in a gas station for a year (saving money for university) i came to the conclusion that we're gonna wipe ourselves out in some sort of firey cataclysim of stupid, we will begin to degrade from what we are now, stupidity will will spread until it has become a plague (if it isnt already) and we'll kill ourselves.

on a plus side, at least we'll take our stupid with us

after working in a gas station for a year (saving money for university) i came to the conclusion that we're gonna wipe ourselves out in some sort of firey cataclysim of stupid, we will begin to degrade from what we are now, stupidity will will spread until it has become a plague (if it isnt already) and we'll kill ourselves.

on a plus side, at least we'll take our stupid with us