Thread: Getting through the backlog - Jupiter 4th and 8th May

Getting through the backlog - Jupiter 4th and 8th May

Well it's been a crazy week..

The weather has been unbelievable here, compared to what April was like. It's been clear almost every night for a week and I've got hundreds of gigs of data to get through. I don't get time to finish processing one lot before I capture another nights worth of data and it just adds to the backlog.

I've imaged Jupiter 5 out of the 6 last mornings and I can tell you my body is paying for it. It's been mostly pretty good seeing, some average and some spectacular but not without it problems.

My external hard-drive failed and the partition got corrupted, so I had to use my backup external hard-drive to start capturing data onto. I was able to recover most of the data from the old drive, but some of it is still corrupt.

Here's 2 images of Jupiter from the last 9 days..

4th May: Average seeing
    8th May: Very good seeing, but unfortunately I missed the best of it - my alarm was set for 2am but somehow I slept through it. My body clock woke me up at 3:40am but by then the best of the seeing had gone and I was only able to capture a few avi's before I had to finish up.

The 8th May images (4 of them) are shown first - it's the same image but presented differently - 2 upsized (north up and south up) and 2 at normal scale (north up and south up). The 4th May image is at the end.

Glad to finally have finished processing these, now I can start on the others.. more to come in the next few days.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jupiter is putting on a great show for you "down under" folk. It's a messy blob from 47N. Saturn's nice however.

Rick

Nice images captures, especially under the good seeing you had on the 8th.

Robert

Mike,

Just outstanding stuff! Have you guys in Australia built a space elevator to get you out to the outer solar system?

--Andy

Hi Mike too bad on your harddrive but at least you manged to save these beauts. Welldone and Clear Skies

Between yourself and rumples it has been a Jovian feast recently. Great work and thank you.