Thread: Just to know if this is true

Just to know if this is true

Hi there:

This is my first post. I've found the following information in another forum, and I'd like to know if that's really true:

Now lets take a look at all the scientifcally verifiable facts regarding 2012 astronomically:
    1.) our solar system is part of a dead galaxy (sagittarius dwarf) and is merging with a new, more active and energetic galaxy (milkyway)
    2.) solar system moving into central equator of our [new] galactic disk, sun in perfect alignment with [new] central sun of galaxy. As our solar system moves further into the central equator more centripetal and centrifugal force is exerted on it, the central sun will also be lined up with the central suns of 2 other galaxies (galactic synchronization)
    3.) precession of the equinoxes, age of Aquarius
    4.) many planetary alignments, the planets Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto will all be aligned in the sky on 21st. Dec. 2012.
    5.) venus transit - venus passing between the sun and earth creating a sort of non-visible eclipse which happens only once every 7 years
    6.) earths magnetic field is decreasing - due to earths rotation speed decreasing and its wobble increasing
    7.) sun having solar maximum which happens only once every 11 years.

Quote Originally Posted by andonitxo View Post
    Hi there:

This is my first post. I've found the following information in another forum, and I'd like to know if that's really true:
    Welcome to BAUTForum! It's too bad that your first post is the start of YA2012T (Yet Another 2012 Thread) and 01101001 should be along any moment to add this to the catalog ...

But seriously, this is all a load of bunk and I'm looking forward to not only HanuChrisKwaanzIvus of 2012, but New Year's Day of 2013 as well. As for some of the points in your quote, here is a brief debunking of a few of them:

Now lets take a look at all the scientifcally verifiable facts regarding 2012 astronomically:
    1.) our solar system is part of a dead galaxy (sagittarius dwarf) and is merging with a new, more active and energetic galaxy (milkyway)
    I've never heard of this, much less that this is a "scientifically verifiable" fact. There is no reason to believe that the Solar System was ever a part of any other galaxy. It's possible that the Solar System could have been stripped away from a satellite galaxy, but unlikely.
    2.) solar system moving into central equator of our [new] galactic disk, sun in perfect alignment with [new] central sun of galaxy. As our solar system moves further into the central equator more centripetal and centrifugal force is exerted on it, the central sun will also be lined up with the central suns of 2 other galaxies (galactic synchronization)
    All of these supposedly perfectly aligned forces still will not be strong enough to knock your alarm clock off its nightstand. Don't lose any sleep over this.
    3.) precession of the equinoxes, age of Aquarius
    Precession of the equinoxes is a "scientifically verifiable" fact. (I know, I calculate it with (relative) ease as you will find out by exploring this board.) The "age of Aquarius" is new age drivel. Ignore it.
    4.) many planetary alignments, the planets Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto will all be aligned in the sky on 21st. Dec. 2012.
    And there have been many planetary alignments before and will be many after that have done absolutely diddly.
    5.) venus transit - venus passing between the sun and earth creating a sort of non-visible eclipse which happens only once every 7 years
    BZZZT!!! Wrong! It happens (at the present time) four times every 243 years, in pairs that are 8 years apart. The last pair occurred in 1874 and 1882 (in December), the current pair happened/will happen in 2004 and 2012 (in June), and the next pair in 2117 and 2125. If the site you quoted can't get this right, they should not be considered a credible source for anything else.
    6.) earths magnetic field is decreasing - due to earths rotation speed decreasing and its wobble increasing
    The Earth's magnetic field is decreasing, but not because of changes in the Earth's rotation (which is a very familiar topic to me, as you will find out). The Earth's magnetic field is weakening because the internal dynamo is shutting down briefly, as it does at roughly 700,000 year intervals. (Very roughly 700,000 years.) Some things to worry about, may have to use GPS systems instead of compasses for a few hundred years.
    7.) sun having solar maximum which happens only once every 11 years.
    So what? The Sun has been having them, will continue to have them long after New Year's Day 2013. Now what is really noteworthy is when sunspots are almost completely lacking, as they were during the Maunder Minimum, which lasted from 1645-1715.

Whew! That was a strong debunking. Please don't run off, you're still welcome here!

Hi andonitxo, welcome to BAUT. If you search around the forum you will find many threads about 2012. There are some tiny bits and pieces of what you posted that are true, but lots of it is nonsense, and it all adds up to absolutely nothing happening.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

This is a piece of nonsense that appears to have originated with Matthew Perkins Erwin, who misinterpreted a map of the Sag Dwarf remnant. The sun is demonstrably part of the milky way galaxy, but we happen to be (fairly) close to the point at which the Sag Dwarf passed through the galactic plane.
    We discussed it extensively in this thread.

This is also nonsense, as anyone with planetarium software can verify. Mercury, Venus and Saturn will strung out over 40 degrees of sky west of the sun; Pluto, Mars and Neptune will be spaced out similarly widely, east of the sun. There is no alignment. And, as Celestial Mechanic says, when we have had alignments of the planets, they have had (predictably) no discernable effects.

Grant Hutchison

Hey:

Thank you all for the information, and for the welcome.

I've been reading many things about the 2012 year, but there's no clear stuff about it. Many guys spit out information without contrasting it.

So, thanks for your help! And I'll have a more profound look at the site before asking again.

Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Mechanic View Post
    Welcome to BAUTForum! It's too bad that your first post is the start of YA2012T (Yet Another 2012 Thread) and 01101001 should be along any moment to add this to the catalog ...
    Sorry I'm so late. I couldn't find any socks. Had to do a load of wash.

Ah... Hey, is there anything better than putting warm socks onto cold feet?

Anyway, here's a list of some BAUT Forum topics that have involved some mention of things that aren't going to happen in the year 2012:

2003 no, 2012 si
    End of Mayan Calendar
    Pole shift / Planetary alignment 2012?
    2012 alignment question
    about the Mayan 2012 item
    2012 Debunking?
    Possible asteroid impact in 2012?
    2012 asteroid?
    We don't have to worry about 2012!
    More on 2012 from India Daily
    2012 Completion of conspiracy?
    Here's what's REALLY going to happen in 2012...
    crop circles, Planet X and 2012
    Planet X, crop circles and 2012 cataclysma
    According to the Mayans, what will happen on 23rd Dec. 2012?
    More 2012 Nonsense
    NEO 2012?
    Dangerous NEO in 2012?
    Christmas 2012
    2012 mayan calender end of world
    Regarding the supposed polar shift/new ice age in 2012
    New 2012 threat?
    2012 look at this thing on the sun
    Russian Expert Predicts Global Cooling from 2012
    Pole shift idea origins
    Dec 20 2012
    2012 Stuff
    Horizon Project-New End of World Scare?
    Date: December 21st 2012
    Earth passing thru Galactic center in 2012 - didn't that already happen?
    2012: What do you think well happen (if anything)
    So what will we see in 2012?
    Galactic Tsunami?
    Plane of the ecliptic of the galaxy?
    Earth's Magnetic Field & 2012
    2012?
    Any truth to this?
    How can the sun be aligned with Galactic centre?
    the whole 2012 poles flip nonsense
    Planet X Official Advertisement
    What year are we in
    Quick question about the sun
    Galactic Alignment
    Books of 2012! -
    2007 = 2012
    Return of Planet X By Rand
    Don Alejandro - Mayan Elder.
    Toutatis 4179: 2012?
    Galactic Alignment in 2012 ?
    Solar Storms
    A real prediction!
    NIBURU - Brown Dwarf, The DESTROYER
    2012 Galactic Alignment
    Not 2012 again! But I cant help it~
    New evidence for 2012 TEOTWAWKI!!!
    this may be a silly question but...
    Just to know if this is true

Ah... warm toes...
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

Wow, you could teach ToSeek how to search with a 'laundry' list like that.

Lets face it were doomed, regardless..........But not in our lifetime............Alien intervention or global catastrophe......