Thread: Northern Lights?

Hybrid View

hello everybody!

so i am going to start a report on the Northern lights soon... does anybody happen to know a good site to go to which has lots of information? i found a few, but they don't seem to be helping a lot...

thanks!

With all due respect, you don't say what the nature of your report is to be, so directing you would a random shot. Is it technical, scientific, artistic, what?

To start the random shots, try:
    http://www.imv.uit.no/english/scienc...1/contents.htm
    and
    http://virtual.finland.fi/finfo/engl..._borealis.html

I'd go on but I got 59,600 hits when I searched Google with "aurora borealis". I'd think there'd be something in there you could use.

Don't forget aurora australis. There are southern lights, too. Way back when I worked on Skylab we had a solar flare and about a day and a half later we got great pictures of aurora australis from the coronal mass ejection associated with it.

The best site I ever had was the fantail of the Sea Princess a couple of years ago.

We had a pretty nice view here *Michigan* i think it was either october or november... and it's a scientific report *sorry i failed to mention that... hah* i know, a lot of sites i found were just pictures and a bunch of crap that is useless.

i saw something about the southern lights *sorry for not using technical terms here, but it's too late for correct spellings!* and i think somehow i'm going to add that in... the thing is i dont even know what my teacher wants.

As a side note, i'm thinking about adding something about the Langolers in there. If you haven't read it or seen the movie they fly through a "time rip" in the aurora. even thought that's not true i still thought it was neat.

Thanks for the help!

If you by chance are flying somewhere northbound at night and is able to convince the pilots you are not a terrorist, you should be at the premium site!

Try http://www.spaceweather.com

This site posts several-times-a-day reports on auroreal activity and includes a ton of background info, pictures and links to other sites on auroras.

<a name="20020326.1:40"> page 20020326.1:40 aka THE State of .edu
    On 2002-03-05 22:25, triskit54 wrote: To: 7 CABAN 15 CUMKU

i.i dont even know what my teacher wants.

mostly they want paper
    usually its 8 & 1/2 by 11
    Lots of it with color ink's premium
    BLUE/ red at the top Green near the bottom [find a Lazer Jet & use that]