Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not my fault

Fazor I have this funny image of two cops in pursuit of a naked man but each one dropping back and letting the other get closer, as soon as they reach tackle range.

Quote Originally Posted by closetgeek View Post
    Fazor I have this funny image of two cops in pursuit of a naked man but each one dropping back and letting the other get closer, as soon as they reach tackle range.
    If you ask me, that's what hitting them with the Taser from range is for.

There was a message long ago on one of the "overheard in" sites that was a one sided conversation between a police helicopter and a suspect. It went basically like this:

Helicopter: Just lay down, there's no where to go.
    Helicopter: Don't go into that pond. Do NOT go into that pond!
    Helicopter: Yeah, that waster is cold isn't, moron. Get on the ground and we'll get you a towel and some blankets.
    I'm Not Evil.
    An evil person would do the things that pop into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazor View Post
    If you ask me, that's what hitting them with the Taser from range is for.
    Yes; but you still need to put them in the back of your car.

Locally, some years back, we had one where they arrested a peeping Tom that was spying on women's bottoms from inside a park pit toilet.

The arresting officer wasn't too happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    Yes; but you still need to put them in the back of your car.

Locally, some years back, we had one where they arrested a peeping Tom that was spying on women's bottoms from inside a park pit toilet.

The arresting officer wasn't too happy.
    So why was the arresting officer unpleased?

I just wouldn't want to be present when this peeping tom is caught...."err, it was my shoe!"

This one is all over the news here. Actually; kind of scary to think about.

Runaway street saw slices into side of house in Lorain (with video of the incident) Another station just for redundant video links.
    It was when they watched in slow speed they uncovered the amazing sight of the blade detaching from the saw, spinning uncontrolled up the driveway and into their neighbor's home.
    ...On the tape, the worker is seen looking around to see if anyone saw what happened, then retrieving the blade, checking it out and reattaching it. He then finished his work and left.
    Not quite a "not my fault", but I can just hear the thoughts of the guy sayin "gee maybe nobody will notice this 3 foot gash in the side of the house".

Not quite a "not my fault", but I can just hear the thoughts of the guy sayin "gee maybe nobody will notice this 3 foot gash in the side of the house".
    . . . or this straight, clean line in the dirt leading back to the work area.

Kid of sounds like my kids when they broke one of their mothers crystal vases. They hid the pieces behind the entertainment unit, on the other side of the room. When it was found the answer of course was "I don't know".

My mom says that when my sisters and I were little and wanted to deny responsibility for something, we'd just say, "Some other child did it." Not a terribly creative alibi.

I guess "there's a reason I did it" can fit in with "it's not my fault"

It's the case of "is chivalry dead?', or could that be "It's chivalry or you're dead"?

'Rude Man' Beaten, Pelted With Pasta

A Roxbury man who apparently didn’t show enough chivalry was hit with a plate of pasta, punched, kicked and beaten with handbags by two women who told investigators they needed to “teach him a lesson” for not holding an elevator door for them

Um . . . the last time I was really upset that someone didn't hold a door for me was when I was injured, and I was more angry because the other person the guy closed the door on was on crutches. If I get dispensation to beat up everyone who isn't chivalrous, it could take a while.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Ohio candidate accused of driving tractor drunk says charges are 'politically motivated'

Uhm, I don't care how much the police (or whoever) have a motivation to arrest you, but don't you think that this might have something to do with it?
    Ater was arrested Monday after a deputy saw him cross the center line while driving a tractor on a state route in Union Township.
    Police say Ater had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes and failed sobriety tests. The report says open cans of beer and a cooler were taken from the tractor.

Woman sues Google Maps for giving her "unsafe" directions.

According to the suit, Google Maps directed Rosenberg along Deer Valley Drive, which is State Route 224, in an area "where vehicles travel at a high rate of speed and [is] devoid of pedestrian sidewalks.
    "

She was walking on a road with no sidewalks, in winter, in a ski resort town, and got hit by a car. This is Google's fault because they told her where to walk.
    I'm Not Evil.

Google "failed to warn her"? When you look for walking directions on Google Maps, which I often do because I have a poor sense of direction and no car, it says, "Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths."

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelHS View Post
    Google "failed to warn her"? When you look for walking directions on Google Maps, which I often do because I have a poor sense of direction and no car, it says, "Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths."
    Like just about any news story nowadays, they are ignoring the details to make it sound worse than it is.

The details that I heard were that the mobile version of google doesn't (or at least before this, didn't) have the warning, and that is what the lawsuit is about.

Although; when I say worse, I'm strictly thinking in the relative sense in that absurd is worse than stupid.

I stand corrected. But if you start on a route and realize it's hazardous, Google Maps doesn't force you to continue on that route.

I stand corrected.
    No correction required. What you stated was correct, just not all encompassing.

But if you start on a route and realize it's hazardous, Google Maps doesn't force you to continue on that route.
    Yep; along with GPS devices. There's no substitute for looking at road signs and the weather conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by closetgeek View Post
    I've seen that first hand on several occasions. Back in my younger days I was a frequent streaker.

There's no substitute for looking at road signs and the weather conditions.
    But Google said!

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

The odd part about this is that the road she took was basically the highway. Park city has a "main street" called Park Ave that runs through the center of town and is flanked by all sorts of shops and old buildings. It's meant for foot traffic with huge walkways on both sides. If she had taken that way it would have been 0.1 mile longer, or about 200 yards/meters.

The road she took instead has a dirt path on either side, and that time of year, you can almost guarantee there was 4 to 12 feet of snow plowed up on the shoulders in both directions. There wouldn't have been anywhere to walk except the street.
    I'm Not Evil.

Well, she asked for shortest, not best. Don't blame the machine for answering the question asked.

It's really a lot better than Google's recent attempts at fuzzy searching which makes it impossible to narrow things down because it'll expand the search parameters with what it thinks are synonyms which are far too often exactly those I'm trying not to find.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Harvard Doc: Mistake Was Saying 'Yes' To Party
    A graduation party thrown by two Harvard doctors resulted in 70 teenagers suspected of drinking alcohol being taken into custody by New Hampshire police Sunday night, but one of the parents charged in the incident said he did nothing wrong except say "yes" to hosting the bash.
    But... but... but... they told them not to drink.
    Our problem was that we said yes to our daughter, and we trusted her friends the way we trust her," Jon Boyd said. "We didn't know, necessarily, that some her friends would take advantage of generosity."
    Something tells me they shouldn't trust her daughter that much anymore either.
    "We didn't know, necessarily, that some her friends would take advantage of generosity."
    Here's the kicker ---- he's a psychiatrist at Harvard Med.

I guess it get's difficult to monitor a party when you're playing ping pong.

I know I always complain about these people who disagree with enforcement or whatever, so I thought I'd present a positive comment for once.

Somebody who completely disagrees with the enforcement, but obeyed, and then brought the discussion into the public view...
    Shirt bought at Cape mall banned there as well

I almost hope the mother does it!

I do understand limitations because of gang apparel, and I do understand that it may not seem obvious. And I'm not sure the mall can limit what the stores sell. In general, though, yes. If you can buy it in the mall, you should be able to wear it in the mall.

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I almost hope the mother does it!
    Me too, but only to show if an adult would get stopped, and not to provoke a conflict.

Me too, but only to show if an adult would get stopped, and not to provoke a conflict.
    I'd assume they're familiar with the mother by now; probably better test to have an adult friend try it. But if that kid's "Favorite record label" is Psychopathic Records, then I feel sorry for him anyway. Poor kid; too bad Hot Topic doesn't sell Better Taste in Music (tm).

Have you been in a Hot Topic? They're built around having lousy taste in music. And played at ear-bleeding volume at that.

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    Have you been in a Hot Topic? They're built around having lousy taste in music. And played at ear-bleeding volume at that.
    I shouldn't admit it, but years ago, I shopped there quiet frequently. Fortunately, I grew up. Last month, we went to a Columbus Clippers baseball game. The stadium happens to be neighbors with one of Columbus' popular music venues. Lucky for us, the same night as the (fortunately during-the-day) game, was an ICP show next door. Leaving the game, we got to walk past the 5+ blocks of face-painted teens (and the occasional and much funnier face-painted mid-thirty something who stood out like a sore thumb). I couldn't help but laugh at them all, though admittedly we were the same way (albiet with SlipKnot) in high school.

Now I would debate that SlipKnot at least has an actual point of view and message, whereas ICP (unless they've changed much from my high school years) does not . . . but that's probably a debate best suited for another time and another place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazor View Post
    I shouldn't admit it, but years ago, I shopped there quiet frequently...
    How can it be quiet shopping there when it's ear bleeding loud?

How can it be quiet shopping there when it's ear bleeding loud?
    Rather than admit typo, I'll instead claim that I indeed meant that I was quiet when I was frequently shopping there.