Thread: Jupiter 07/02/07-LRGB,Mono Seq.

Jupiter 07/02/07-LRGB,Mono Seq.

Hi Everyone another try but this time much better then the past sessions a clear section of no turbulance that didn't last long but enough to produce an LRGB seq of 40sec. on each channel performed some changes on my settings and helped improve the results but not the best but happy! Clear Skies
    Attached Images Attached Images

Efrain,

Very nice shots! I like the detail in the clouds and the color. The big red spot shows up very nicely.

Hi Efrain.

Nice photos, I hope some day to get this kind of detail of Jupiter.

Thanks Andyschlei, Paul. And Paul that day hopefully would be soon your doing great right now. Thanks to Iceman and others i have learned alot myself. Clear Skies

looks pretty good to me.

I was viewing Jupiter on about july 4, with a reflector with diam 114mm, from Dubbo in Australia. We saw three moons strung out on one side, and on the other, just a bit below the line forms by the three Moons, there was another point visible just touching the surface. Would this have been another moon? The view looked a bit like the attached image.

Thanks -- Sylas

That looks like a 4th moon to me, Sylas.

Phil

Yes, that is the 4th moon - here is what I saw last night (taken from kstars on Linux):

Nick

This is a Stellarium representation showing more or less what you saw from Australia on that date.

Phil

Thanks very much folks. The additional views are great. Nice job on the photos at the start as well. I had just been borrowing a friend's telescope to have a look.

Bokmakierie: Thanks for the 'stellarium' image. I have looked at this application before, but as I use kstars and celestia I never went no further.

Well tonight I installed svn Stellarium... wow, another great open source application - we are all spoilt!

So I have kstars, celestia and stellarium... all do the same but all do it different - the right tools for any one job!

Nick

Hi Efrain,

Really Nice images, WOW! Your Jupiter images really have improved...Holly smokes!!!! Excellent!!!!!

I wish I new how to extract these kinds of details from my images....I finally got some decent seeing here in Ohio, got lots of Video with my DMK but still can't get my details extracted without them looking soft or blurry.

Very Nice, do you have a step by step procedure/settings your willing to post?

Any help appreciated!

Very nice! I have DMK ccd too, but I have no chances to take a good picture. Always has turbulance.

Thanks to Everyone, John goto the post on Part 1 of processing Jupiter on my post it decribes my form of processing if not simply email the steps i usually go it changes according to visibilty if you want. Also goto Iceman's site very informative and he would help as much as possible also.

HI Awyong, Don't give up! keep trying if you see my raw avi's you wouldn't think i would get anything out of it the trick is processing it over here in the tropics i have this year servere turbulance and lots of rain very unusual so early this year. But i keep on trying. Clear Skies