Thread: the global warming situation may also hamper the animal and forest life

the global warming situation may also hamper the animal and forest life

as we are aware that there are plenty of effects which are not good due the global warming, besides this we are watching that the global warming also playing a role in changing the behaviour of the animals, even the forest life of many animals is in jeopardy. so what scientific arrangements can be made to restore their life in the forest!

Are we sufficiently thinking on this issue with a great humanity with the animal life of earth.

In my opinion the global warming matter comes from the industrial revolution period which was started earlier on the earth and since then the problems are growing substantially and not taking name of stopping now.

Quote Originally Posted by suntrack2 View Post
    In my opinion the global warming matter comes from the industrial revolution period which was started earlier on the earth and since then the problems are growing substantially and not taking name of stopping now.
    Hmmmm... while I respect your opinion, a bit more data and evidence to support this idea would give you a better chance at having it accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Hmmmm... while I respect your opinion, a bit more data and evidence to support this idea would give you a better chance at having it accepted.

Okay, Lurker, you've already made it clear on the appropriate thread that you don't accept the theory. You don't need to stick that little note into every GW discussion.
    I'm a cynical optimist. I think the only way out is through, but once we get through it'll be better. Very different, but better. Howard Tayler

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin

Power, Lord Acton says, corrupts. Not always. What power always does is reveal. Robert A. Caro

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Okay, Lurker, you've already made it clear on the appropriate thread that you don't accept the theory. You don't need to stick that little note into every GW discussion.
    I just think its interesting that other issues subject to rigorous rules of evidence while global warming is such an immediate and dangerous issue that such inconvenient rules are overlooked.

If threads began popping up in here on other scientific subjects expressing opinion with no evidence people would be all over the OP.

I just think its interesting that other issues subject to rigorous rules of evidence while global warming is such an immediate and dangerous issue that such inconvenient rules are overlooked.

If threads began popping up in here on other scientific subjects expressing opinion with no evidence people would be all over the OP.
    But; the statement was clearly an opinion, not used as an argument to prove or demonstrate anything, contextually a side note, and included a short (although not-convincing) reason why the opinion is there.

I see no issue in this particular case.

There is evidence. You seem to have the opinion that the available evidence is inadequate. But the theory is not therefore invalid, nor does it mean that no one can discuss it.
    I'm a cynical optimist. I think the only way out is through, but once we get through it'll be better. Very different, but better. Howard Tayler

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin

Power, Lord Acton says, corrupts. Not always. What power always does is reveal. Robert A. Caro

There is evidence. You seem to have the opinion that the available evidence is inadequate. But the theory is not therefore invalid, nor does it mean that no one can discuss it.
    In this case the statement was made
    Quote Originally Posted by suntrack2
    In my opinion the global warming matter comes from the industrial revolution period
    I simply suggest that the appropriate evidence be presented here rather than simply regarding it as true because it is suntrack2's opinion... I don't really see why my comment concerning evidence is inappropriate or requires comment...

Each time I comment that there is no conclusive evidence that global warming is occuring I am pressed again and again for evidence even though there is plenty of evidence for this argument for anyone who wishes to go look for it...

I simply suggest that the appropriate evidence be presented here rather than simply regarding it as true because it is suntrack2's opinion... I don't really see why my comment concerning evidence is inappropriate or requires comment...

If it is presented as an opinion, it doesn't need evidence. It's an opinion.

I never said your comment was inappropriate, just not relevant to the OP.

If it is presented as an opinion, it doesn't need evidence. It's an opinion.

I never said your comment was inappropriate, just not relevant to the OP.
    OK... let us go over to the forum and conduct a small experiment. Shall we??

I am going to start a thread a little thread here that it is my opinion that the big bang never happened. I would seem that any suggestion that I present evidence is not relevant since as the OP I state that it is simply my opinion.

You go ahead then, do that.

I am going to start a thread a little thread here that it is my opinion that the big bang never happened. I would seem that any suggestion that I present evidence is not relevant since as the OP I state that it is simply my opinion.
    Don't need to... it's happened before, and the poster didn't get in trouble until he started doing 2 things with that opinion:
    1) He was presenting bad evidence to support the opinion (the evidence was then argued, not the opinion)
    2) He used the opinion to support another argument.

actually, all the discussion so far could be considered threadjacking if suntrack2 got nasty about it

Suntrack2, if the Earth warms up much, life will evolve to handle it, just like it has the last several dozen times it has happened. Different is not automatically bad

Quote Originally Posted by korjik View Post
    Suntrack2, if the Earth warms up much, life will evolve to handle it, just like it has the last several dozen times it has happened. Different is not automatically bad

The question I think is, how quickly could they adapt? We can change environments far faster than most species can adapt, and that in turn might impact our own situation.

actually, all the discussion so far could be considered threadjacking if suntrack2 got nasty about it

Well, part of the OP was that the behaviors are changing, and how do we prevent it?

A lot of times the argument is made that we are losing a species or something, but rarely does that argument ever include the reasons why it matters.
    Emotionally, a lot. Scientifically? I would like to know myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    A lot of times the argument is made that we are losing a species or something, but rarely does that argument ever include the reasons why it matters.
    Sometimes it doesn't, sometimes a lot. Sharks, for instance, are apex predators. Losing too many major shark species could affect ocean ecosystems worldwide, but since sharks are "mean", most people don't give a rat's behind.

But; the statement was clearly an opinion, not used as an argument to prove or demonstrate anything, contextually a side note, and included a short (although not-convincing) reason why the opinion is there.

I see no issue in this particular case.
    hmmmm that does not seem to be the case here

Thank you. I have asked this before and people look at me like I'm a monster. "such and such is dieing! we must save it!". But animals have become extinct long before human interference, and yet life on earth still flourishes. It might be different, but why must things never change?

It's something that facinates as well as extreemely frustraits me; humans seemingly inate desire to controll EVERYTHING on earth so that it stays completely the same. Static life versus dynamic. When, in reality, a dynamic earth is much less fragile than a static earth.

hmmmm that does not seem to be the case here
    I also said "contextually a side note", where your example is the entire topic to be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazor View Post
    (SNIP) But animals have become extinct long before human interference, and yet life on earth still flourishes. It might be different, but why must things never change?

It's something that facinates as well as extreemely frustraits me; humans seemingly inate desire to controll EVERYTHING on earth so that it stays completely the same. Static life versus dynamic. When, in reality, a dynamic earth is much less fragile than a static earth.
    Very true! And I always wonder why we talk about NATURE vs HUMANS, and how HUMANS destroy NATURE, etc, etc. So, HUMANS arenīt part of NATURE!? Ridiculous. Let HUMANS destroy forests, or poison oceans, or, ... We may not survive, but the rest of NATURE will. At least for the next four billion years to come. Unless something very UNNATURAL happens, e.g. an asteroid impact. But even then, ...

Quote Originally Posted by dhd40 View Post
    Very true! And I always wonder why we talk about NATURE vs HUMANS, and how HUMANS destroy NATURE, etc, etc. So, HUMANS arenīt part of NATURE!? Ridiculous. Let HUMANS destroy forests, or poison oceans, or, ... We may not survive, but the rest of NATURE will. At least for the next four billion years to come. Unless something very UNNATURAL happens, e.g. an asteroid impact. But even then, ...
    Asteroid impacts are perfectly natural.

Poeple who know science talk about specifics, like destroying a species or altering an ecosystem. Unfortunately, those people are neither the majority nor the loudest of voices.

Most conservationists are too stupid to wrap their minds around the reality that as one species dies off, another moves to take over its niche. These fools instead call them "invasive species" and pull every poisonous stunt they accuse industry of pulling off to eradicate the creatures which "have no place in the native ecosystem".

Consider the recent shenanigans pulled by wildlife officials in Maryland after the snakehead trout were determined to have moved in and taken root. They've rendered entire lakes lifeless in their crusade to eradicate the infidel fish.

Their ignorance of evolution and adaptation is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodler View Post
    Most conservationists are too stupid to wrap their minds around the reality that as one species dies off, another moves to take over its niche.
    Not most conservationists. Just the ones who end up on TV. Don't make the mistake of judging them all by the actions of the extreme wackos.

well, are humans not an "invasive species" on every continent besides Africa?
    when the first amphibian flopped out of the water and flipped around on the land for a while, was it not also an invasive species?
    i'm of the opinion that we humans are a rather insignificant species in the overall scheme of things.
    we can change things, but if we change it too much, old mommy nature will kick us into extinction and some other creature will take over our niche.
    the only thing that really separates us from every other creature in nature is guilt.