Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cosmonaut first on the moon, crash landing. yadda yadda

Cosmonaut first on the moon, crash landing. yadda yadda

It seems I have found a new conspiracy theory to add to the Apollo Moon Hoax section.

An IRC buddy of mine seems to think that the landing was faked, for many of the reasons that have already been debunked of course, but this one really made me perk up.

He claims a (manned) Soviet orbiter crash-landed on the Moon, the cosmonaut inside survived and lived for two hours before expiring.

Now, I know this is extremely; extremely unlikely considering Russia was never able to make the manned Moon landing work. I am just curious if anyone has heard of this conspiracy theory, and if so, do you have any links that point to a confirmation that this is a real (and kooky) conspiracy theory?

Right now I think he is just reciting what he’s heard from a teacher and nothing more. Apparently this is from a Russian book on the Cold War that states the above, and also when Apollo 11 landed they (astronauts) placed a Soviet flag first to honor the fallen Cosmonaut.

* I did ask for the name of the book , who the cosmonaut was, or any other information that could be useful. He claims to not remember. =|

This was actually part of the plot for the late 1960's movie Countdown.

Yes, in a failed attempt to reach the Moon before the U.S, the Russians launched their ill-fated N-1 super rocket with one cosmonaut aboard. In keeping with tradition, it blew up shortly after launch. Ironically, such was the force of the explosion, the manned capsule was propelled all the way to the moon and avoided obliteration by sliding down the ancient glass buttresses discovered by Angst Award winning Hyperscientist Richard Hoaxland.
    http://www.enterprisemission.com/mphotos.html
    The cosmonaut ultimately died from radiation poisoning received from the Van Halen belts and burns on his rear end from the rocket explosion. His name was Blumi Arzov.

Further details can be found in my forthcoming book "Everything You Know Is Wrong And None Of Your Evidence Counts Because I Saw Something On YouTube About It And It's SOoooo Fake"

Thanks Occam. Got a sponge for my monitor?

J*st sh*rt*d my k*yb**rd w*th *xp*ct*r*nt. N*w th* v*w*ls d*n't w*rk.
    Th*nks *cc*m.

Speaking of soviets on the moon, I remember hearing about one conspiracy that said that the russians sent "midgets" to control some of the rovers and landers they sent to the moon, the didn't tell anyone because, they obviously were not able to return home to earth.
    Anyone hear about that one, or am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by VPCCD View Post
    Speaking of soviets on the moon, I remember hearing about one conspiracy that said that the russians sent "midgets" to control some of the rovers and landers they sent to the moon, the didn't tell anyone because, they obviously were not able to return home to earth.
    That is the most rediculous theory i have heard. Ever.

How could someone come up with something like that, short of being higher than Keith Richards?

Kill a few dogs in the name of space exploration and people just won't let you live it down, will they?

You have forgotten the Mohilin case which is incorporated in Don Wilson's book If you know spanish you can find it also in the following link:
    www.angelfire.com/ms2/ipri/art28moongate.htm
    Lev Mohilin was a soviet scientist who was member of the secret Soviet program for the conquest of the moon .And very probably the Soviets stepped on the moon one year earlier than the Americans.
    Mohilin escaped with his son from Russia and through Turkey he finally arrived in France.After having secured protection against KGB agents , he gave an interview in a French magazine
    According to that fascinating story on 5 June 1968 , a Russian rocket launched from a secret air base in Ural.It was carring the manned probe Zond or Soyuz.The two astronauts with code names Ilya(woman) and Yevgeni(man) were attacked by a mechanical creature which killed Yevgeni.The woman managed to embark and leave from the moon.When she came back to earth, she remained guarded for 1 year in a hospital. Some researchers claim that these two astronauts were Yuri Gagarin and Valentina Tereskhova.

Quote Originally Posted by Proselenean View Post
    You have forgotten the Mohilin case which is incorporated in Don Wilson's book If you know spanish you can find it also in the following link:
    Lev Mohilin was a soviet scientist who was member of the secret Soviet program for the conquest of the moon .And very probably the Soviets stepped on the moon one year earlier than the Americans.
    Mohilin escaped with his son from Russia and through Turkey he finally arrived in France.After having secured protection against KGB agents , he gave an interview in a French magazine
    According to that fascinating story on 5 June 1968 , a Russian rocket launched from a secret air base in Ural.It was carring the manned probe Zond or Soyuz.The two astronauts with code names Ilya(woman) and Yevgeni(man) were attacked by a mechanical creature which killed Yevgeni.The woman managed to embark and leave from the moon.When she came back to earth, she remained guarded for 1 year in a hospital. Some researchers claim that these two astronauts were Yuri Gagarin and Valentina Tereskhova.
    Mechanical creature.

Cool.

Was it a Transformer?

Quote Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
    That is the most rediculous theory i have heard. Ever.

How could someone come up with something like that, short of being higher than Keith Richards?
    Hey, I didn't come up with it it was one of my CT friends!

Someone has gotten into the good stuff and/or needs to be stopped from reading science fiction without someone regularly reminding them that it isn't real.

That story has so many problems with it that its not even worth going through them all.

You have forgotten the Mohilin case which is incorporated in Don Wilson's book...

Along with Wilson's other works of fiction.

Lev Mohilin was a soviet scientist who was member of the secret Soviet program for the conquest of the moon .

You mean the other secret Soviet moon landing program?

And very probably the Soviets stepped on the moon one year earlier than the Americans.

And despite the alleged ferocity of the race, never told anyone.

Some researchers claim that these two astronauts were Yuri Gagarin and Valentina Tereskhova.

That would have been quite a feat considering Gagarin had been dead for a number of months when these events were said to have occurred.

Great stuff, that vodka.

That webpage also includes the basic schoolbiy conspiracy garbage like no stars, a waving flag, Armstrong not giving interviews and the faked exchange between Armstrong and Houston about seeing aliens on the Moon. It even asks, several times, where the mountains are in the Apollo 11 photos. That's right, the one that landed in a flat region of the Moon....

Given that, you'll forgive me if I don't put any stock in anything mentioned or linked on that page.

<snip>
    According to that fascinating story on 5 June 1968 , a Russian rocket launched from a secret air base in Ural.
    So, in the middle of the Cold War, no one in the US noticed a Russian rocket launching and going to the moon? Not possible.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    So, in the middle of the Cold War, no one in the US noticed a Russian rocket launching and going to the moon? Not possible.
    Precisely. One of the (many, many) reasons we know Apollo went to the moon is that it was tracked there and back by many countries. Any mission by the Soviets would've been tracked in exactly the same way, it would be impossible to cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenorrish View Post
    Precisely. One of the (many, many) reasons we know Apollo went to the moon is that it was tracked there and back by many countries. Any mission by the Soviets would've been tracked in exactly the same way, it would be impossible to cover up.
    Including amateur radio operators like the one mentioned here around the world.

CJSF
    "Soon the man who sweeps the room brings the secret telegram, 'COMMENCE OFFICIAL INTERPLANETARY EXPLORATION.' "
    -They Might Be Giants, "Destination Moon"

So, in the middle of the Cold War, no one in the US noticed a Russian rocket launching
    Well, US intelligence did miss the first N-1 test launch. If you read books published before the fall of the USSR you often find reference to the first N-1 launch being the one that resulted in the destruction of the launch pad. That was actually the second. They also only refer to three launches, when there were four.

and going to the moon? Not possible.
    Agreed, the longer it stays up the more likely it is to be spotted.

That would have been quite a feat considering Gagarin had been dead for a number of months when these events were said to have occurred.

Great stuff, that vodka.

So mr Windley , as I see you know very well the story of Molihin's case, he?
    Do you know also that Gagarin died in a "strange" accident on 27 March 1968? That his body was never identified by his family?
    That Tereskhova , according to her official biography , remained in hospital , recovering grom a "surgery" for almost a year? That Ilya remained guarded -according to Mohilin claim- one year in the sanatorium and Tereskhova remained one year in the hospital? What an evil coinsidence And something else mr Jay.Do you know what day was the 8-9th of June 1968?
    The moon was of 13 days, almost full moon.Ideal time to work on the moon!!!
    Great stuff, that vodka.Indeed.
    P.S. I know that truth is painfull

OK! the truth will always come out I suppose so here go's, Yes the Russians did crash land on the moon as stated.

The cosmonaut survived the crash but fell foul of a fridge type thingy wielding a cosh/blackjack, NASA denied all knowledge.....

David

Swift, were you born before 1968? Did you watch somehow the secret launching by the Soviets?Do you know that two American agents in the early nineties- I forgot their names-have revealed the secret Soviet program for the conquest of the moon? Don't be so sure that US didn't notice the launching of the 5th June 1968 .Of course they did it.But can somebody imagine what whould happen if they had announced it prior to the completion of the mission? It would hurt a lot the already wounded prestige of the American people.The conquest of the moon was the only "prize" that left by the Soviets for the Americans.
    Do you know that Jodrell Bank observatory had recorded human voices coming from the theoretically unmanned space probe Zond 5?
    Definitely the US ofificials were watching the soviets' launching .Also very likely , they were praying to happen something bad to the Soviets.And according to Mohilin, their prays were listened and one of the cosmonauts was killed.Unfortunately for the Soviets, fortunately for the Americans. And thus the official history wrote on 20 July 1969:Neil & Buzz

I see you know very well the story of Molihin's case, he?

I'm aware of much, but not all, of the speculative nonsense attributed to the Soviet space program, a feat made all the easier by the relative lack of reliable information about it.

Do you know also that Gagarin...

Why aren't you giving your sources for any of these claims? Afraid we'll see where you're getting all your "facts"?

The moon was of13 days, almost full moon. Ideal time to work on the moon!!!

Only if you enjoy really hot surface temperatures.

Did you watch somehow the secret launching by the Soviets?

So where are you getting your information about secret Soviet space launches?

Do you know that two American agents in the early nineties- I forgot their names-have revealed the secret Soviet program for the conquest of the moon?

But two other agents whose names I have forgotten have said that your two agents were lying.

Don't be so sure that US didn't notice the launching of the 5th June 1968 .Of course they did it.

U.S. intelligence monitored all the N-1 launches, but knowledge of their ability to do so was secret and so only certain people at NASA were kept informed of what we knew of Soviet progress. But that has all been declassified now, so please explain why we now know about the contemporary monitoring of all the N-1 flights except for the one you allege.

Do you know that Jodrell Bank observatory had recorded human voices coming from the theoretically unmanned space probe Zond 5?

Why are you only telling half the story?

Swift, were you born before 1968? Did you watch somehow the secret launching by the Soviets?Do you know that two American agents in the early nineties- I forgot their names-have revealed the secret Soviet program for the conquest of the moon? Don't be so sure that US didn't notice the launching of the 5th June 1968 .Of course they did it.But can somebody imagine what whould happen if they had announced it prior to the completion of the mission? It would hurt a lot the already wounded prestige of the American people.The conquest of the moon was the only "prize" that left by the Soviets for the Americans.
    Definitely the US ofificials were watching the soviets' launching .Also very likely , they were praying to happen something bad to the Soviets.And according to Mohilin, their prays were listened and one of the cosmonauts was killed.Unfortunately for the Soviets, fortunately for the Americans. And thus the official history wrote on 20 July 1969:Neil & Buzz
    I was born in 1958. I wasn't personally doing any spying on the Soviet Union, but most of NATO was.

You need to read the rules of this board. You need to start offering evidence for all of your statements. Do you have any evidence for any of this other than a link to one book?
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Do you know also that Gagarin died in a "strange" accident on 27 March 1968? That his body was never identified by his family?
    Same thing happened to Amelia Earhart. Was she consumed by a Transformer for helping the Russians land on the moon as well?

Unavoidable joking aside, Proselenean, you have been asked direct and pertinent questions. You have also been asked to provide credible cites and references for your claims.

You have 48 hours to answer the questions put forth to you, and to provide the cites asked for. This is a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenitude View Post
    Same thing happened to Amelia Earhart.
    This isn't true. She didn't die in an unexplanable or strange accident... we don't for sure what happened to her, but a wealth of evidence points to her (and navigator Fred Noonan) landing/crash landing on a then-uninhabited island and surviving for some days. A group called TIGHAR (with whom I've had some contact with) has been researching this angle for years. They have a pretty intriguing case going.

www.tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/AEdescr.html

If TIGHAR isn't right, then she likely ran out of fuel and crashed in the ocean... again, nothing strange there either. Any reports of her involvment in espionage on Japan or getting kidnapped have been as thoroughly discredited as Moon Hoax "theories."

CJSF
    Last edited by CJSF; 2007-Apr-11 at 06:30 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
    "Soon the man who sweeps the room brings the secret telegram, 'COMMENCE OFFICIAL INTERPLANETARY EXPLORATION.' "
    -They Might Be Giants, "Destination Moon"

Proselenean, before you wild and unsupported claims on a new topic, go back and answer the challenges to your wild and unsupported claims in the Apollohoax 2007 thread.

Since you've got such a (ahem) for Jay, why don't you start by providing evidence that he is paid by NASA? Or do you retract that claim, since you have ignored repeated requests to back it up?

So mr Windley , as I see you know very well the story of Molihin's case, he?
    A "strange" accident?
    Nothing seems strange about it here.

P.S. I know that truth is painfull
    Which I suppose is why so many HBers refuse to see it, huh?

I'd like to know this from you:
    Why is a mission with spacecraft like Apollo difficult (if not impossible) for you to believe in, yet you say nothing about a mission like Voyager 2. I'd like your view on that, to see if you really have beef with space technology, or just with Apollo. In case of the latter, I'd like to know what makes unmanned missions to other worlds more real in your eyes than manned ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Ferro View Post
    This isn't true. She didn't die in an unexplanable or strange accident... we don't for sure what happened to her, but a wealth of evidence points to her (and navigator Fred Noonan) landing/crash landing on a then-uninhabited island and surviving for some days.
    A wealth of largely contradictory evidence, I'm afraid. I'm going to have to go with "crashed into the ocean and drowned" as the most likely outcome for her. May I suggest the chapter about her in Unsolved Mysteries of American History? It's well worth reading even if you disagree with its conclusions.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
    Do you know that two American agents in the early nineties- I forgot their names-have revealed the secret Soviet program for the conquest of the moon?

But two other agents whose names I have forgotten have said that your two agents were lying.
    Oh. Oh. I'm laughing so hard I think I'm causing permanent damage.