Thread: Soho Ufo

Cool Soho Ufo

There are same theories about SOHO spacecraft.
    Some <<experts>>about ufology,belive that SOHO took fotos UFOs.

My opinion is,that some fotos are hoax and ather,are meteorits.

What you opinion?

You can see some of the images here-------> http://images.google.gr/images?hl=el...os&sa=N&tab=wi

No doubt some of the more learned members will be along shortly to tell you what they are.

My opinion is high energy particles from the sun causing data from soho to be lost. If you magnify a few pixels missing from a picture of course they're going to have straight lines and look intelligently designed.

Meteors? Probably not. Space is amazingly big and pretty empty, chances of soho capturing space debris on camera must be very low. Its focused on an object 90 odd million miles away so if they were meteors they'd be pretty big ones.

Not meteors, but SOHO has caught images of comets.

There is a website associated with this message board (as someone is fond of saying).
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Welcome, sotiris13.

There are same theories about SOHO spacecraft.
    Some <<experts>>about ufology,belive that SOHO took fotos UFOs.

I believe the double bracketed <<experts>> is equivalent to the English "experts", implying that they are experts only in their own opinions. I would agree, since no expert should be fooled by cosmic-ray artifacts on the image.

My opinion is,that some fotos are hoax and ather,are meteorits.

What you opinion?

Not hoaxes. Real, in the sense that that's what the instrument generated when the detector was struck by an energetic charged particle.

Not meteorites, since meteorites are what we find on the ground; nor meteors, since they are what we see burning up in the atmosphere. But, as already noted, SOHO does find and image comets.

You can see some of the images here-------> http://images.google.gr/images?hl=el...os&sa=N&tab=wi

To borrow from Shakespeare, nothing new near the Sun. But nice to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
    To borrow from Shakespeare, nothing new near the Sun. But nice to look at.
    That's the Bible. Ecclesiastes.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek View Post
    There is a website associated with this message board (as someone is fond of saying).
    And, thanks to symmetry, there's a message board associated with that website.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

That's the Bible. Ecclesiastes.*

Woman, don't confuse me with facts!

Yeah, my wife rolls her eyes when I tell her that... there, just like you're doing! Cut it out!

*The sad thing is I used to know that. But I must have killed the relevant neuron glancing at some CT site.

Quote Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
    Woman, don't confuse me with facts!

Yeah, my wife rolls her eyes when I tell her that... there, just like you're doing! Cut it out!
    Actually, I'm giggling. But I'm weird that way. (Men getting all defensive when they're wrong is so cute!)

*The sad thing is I used to know that. But I must have killed the relevant neuron glancing at some CT site.
    I definitely know the feeling, yes. I myself have a great memory with a lousy filing system.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Please, don't just plop a bunch of URLs into a message. Tell us why we should bother looking at them.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

There are videos from SOHO,at those video we can see the soho's ufo...

Quote Originally Posted by sotiris13 View Post
    There are videos from SOHO,at those video we can see the soho's ufo...
    And... Why should we look at them? Why do you bring them to our attention? What do they demonstrate? Of what do you wish to persuade us?

Did you read The Planet X Saga: SOHO Images? Are the videos you recommend not just more of the same -- things that happen when you use a digital camera:

What is going on in the SOHO images?
    [...]
    Let me say this up front: the images from SOHO are completely within the realm of what you'd expect from such images. The "anomalies" pointed out by Tuatha (who claims spaceships are all around the Sun: do a websearch on the words "suncruiser" and "SOHO" and you'll see what I mean), Ms. Lieder and the rest are not anomalies at all. They are simply things that happen when you use a digital camera.
    SOHO images and videos are cool -- don't get me wrong -- but the funny-looking artifacts are kind of boring when you know what they are.

sotiris, this is called "seagull posting", and is considered bad form. The analogy - a seagull flies by, drops a load on you, and flies off...

This is a forum dedicated to science, not deep-throat style hints and vagueries.

A proper way to have a question answered, or something you see as an anomoly explained, would be to explain what the following video would be showing, with as much background information as you can provide, what you think you see or hear that is incongruent, preferably with a time indicator if possible, why you think it is unnatural, what you think you should expect to see, and ask for comments and explanations for it. In addition, be prepared to answer any questions posed to you. Lastly, you must be prepared to resolve this issue before bringing up new ones. Diverting attention from failed proofs by spamming new questions is a common HB/CT tactic, and doesn't pass muster here.

Remember, the common practices of boards such as Loose Change will likely just get you banned here. Please keep these in mind.

And, BTW, welcome to the BAUT forums! I hope you keep an open mind, and contribute to our collective knowledge!!

Why not starting from SOHO FAQ?

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/explo...#FLYING_SAUCER

"The "funny-looking spheroid" is a typical response of the SOHO LASCO coronagraph CCD detector to an object (planet or bright star) of small angular extent but so bright that it saturates the CCD camera so that "bleeding" occurs along pixel rows. There is a bright horizontal streak on either side of the image, because the charge leaks easier along the direction in which the CCD image is read out by the associated electronics."

I have same thing with my digital photos - except that in my case streaks are vertical. Well, cheap digital cameras surely have different wiring and electronics than SOHO cameras...

I've always thought that the suggestion that SOHO capture UFOs based on those pics was laughable, not because I have any special knowledge of SOHO or cosmic rays but because those "suncruisers" looked so obviously like CCD artifacts - especially with their all-white hard-edged appearance, which I've seen in plenty of other digital images when something "overloads," for a simple term, the CCD.