Thread: planetary alignment charts?

planetary alignment charts?

So I have scoured the internet and found some cool stuff, but nothing quite like i need.

I am curious about where the planets will be in relation to the sun, and it would be something nice to know all the time. It stands to reason that the locations can be plotted out in advance. I would like to be able to print out a chart of planetary alignments for say, the first of the month every month from now until the year, maybe 2050.

so if you see on tv sometimes, or on places that describe planets that they have little dots laid out that represent the planets, and then lines drawn to show the orbits. if the lines are there, they would have to be the real orbits, and not just a bunch of circles. All of this seen from a top-down view.

so does anyone know a place i can get a printable (black and white, maybe one color for orbits) chart of planet locations for any given date, or series of dates?

much thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on the subject.

If I understand you, . You want ,not a sky map or chart but the actual positions at any point in time of the objects in this solar system. All of what you want is available but, you may need to pay. I can only sagest 'starry night'. There are other programs that could do what you want. Is there a free version ?

Thanks for the reply, went over and checked them out. You are right in thinking that I would like to find it for free, it's already going to cost a lil bit to print out as many charts as I want and put them together in a book to reference from.

I just can't believe that someting like this, which seems such a simple request, has turned into such an impossible task, but since actually I found this wonderful place in my search, it's not all bad.

any other constructive thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

How about Planets' Orbits?

wow, that is an amazing program.

I realize now that I am asking too much. To get the actual ellipticalish orbital paths, i won't be able to get something that excludes visually showing the real distance.

The alignment part is the most important part, i need to see where the planets are in relation to each other and the sun (distance from each other is irrelevant as long as the moment in time the picture captures was correctly computed), for either any date or for trhe first of every month from now until...like 2050.

The only thing is that i need it to be able to be printed onto one page, so i can print them all out an dput them with my moon calendars into a nifty little booklet that i can have bound together at my local office supply store.

Great responses though, both of the answers above fit the original question...hopefully someone else has coe across what i am looking for, it seems to be impossible for me to find it. Thanks again in advance for any help that can be given.

of Greatest Eclipse, Aug. 21 2017 (Kentucky, USA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithkin View Post
    I realize now that I am asking too much. To get the actual ellipticalish orbital paths, i won't be able to get something that excludes visually showing the real distance.
    The solar system is a big place. Neptune is around 35 times the distance from the sun that Earth is, and about 100 times Mercury's distance. You might be better off with a table from an ephemeris. They are usually Earth-centric, but I'm sure you could find a solar-centric ephemeris on the web somewhere.

Also check out the sticky http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=22865 cos there are many resources there which will help too.

I'm confused as to what you want. What was wrong with Wolverine's link?

chart

Quote Originally Posted by Kithkin View Post
    So I have scoured the internet and found some cool stuff, but nothing quite like i need.

I am curious about where the planets will be in relation to the sun, and it would be something nice to know all the time. It stands to reason that the locations can be plotted out in advance. I would like to be able to print out a chart of planetary alignments for say, the first of the month every month from now until the year, maybe 2050.

so if you see on tv sometimes, or on places that describe planets that they have little dots laid out that represent the planets, and then lines drawn to show the orbits. if the lines are there, they would have to be the real orbits, and not just a bunch of circles. All of this seen from a top-down view.

so does anyone know a place i can get a printable (black and white, maybe one color for orbits) chart of planet locations for any given date, or series of dates?

much thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on the subject.
    I think this might be what youre looking for. it has a date choice thing to show that day. it also has zoom and shows all the planet. http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar/action?sys=-Sf