Hadn't done any productive imaging for weeks.. the jetstream has been horrible. On Saturday, my wife took Eliza to the movies, Abbey was in bed asleep, and Jacob was playing on the computer, so I took the opportunity to get the scope out during the day and image the Sun!
I hadn't done any solar imaging for literally months, so I wanted to capture the 2 surprise sunspots gracing us at the moment.
The conditions were tough, with bad seeing (still) and gusty wind, but I spent 30 minutes and got these results.
The wide view of sunspots 875 and 876 is with the ToUcam at prime focus (FL 1250mm - ie: no barlow). They just fit within the edges of the FOV.
The closeup view of ar875 is at FL 2500mm, with a 2x barlow and the ToUcam.
Both images were captured at 10fps, aligned and stacked in registax, wavelets applied. Opened in AstraImage, split into separate channels and processed the red channel only through LR deconvolution. Finally brought into Photoshop for adjustment of levels and unsharp mask.
Both images were subject to MAP processing (multi-alignment point). That is, I ran each avi twice through registax, and aligned on a different area each time so that when combined, both areas were sharp. In the first image, I aligned on sunspot 875 first run, and 876 on the second run. In the second image, I aligned on the core of 875 in the first run, and the spots below in the second.
Both runs had identical processing applied, and were combined in photoshop after.