Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Test your intelligence

Test your intelligence

Here is a test that is supose to be for people with an IQ of 150 +, so not many people can actually solve most of the questions.

I scored 99 which is classified as (Normal Range).

So if your up to answering 35 questions take the test and see how intelligent you really are.

http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash...rs/iqtests.htm

Titana................

Above the population average, but in the normal range.

(I did the timed test the way I do timed tests - mostly guessing the answers without thinking about it).

Redo almost a week later - 126. No, I didn't remember any of the questions from the first go through.

Last time I had a real IQ test, I was scoring in the high 130's.
    Last edited by tmosher; 2005-Nov-07 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmosher
    (I did the timed test the way I do timed tests - mostly guessing the answers without thinking about it).
    Well for quessing that was pretty good!

Titana.......

Above the population average, but in the normal range.

OK thank you for wasting my time, IQ test :/.

1) with that many language questions, there must be a huge offset in the final score for a dutch speaking person.

2) It holds me on the line for 12 minutes and then closes itself without showing the result after I click "OK"!!

132 on the timed test -- "Gifted". I qualified for High IQ Society membership... but it does not seem worth paying $59.95!

I scored 129 on the culture fair test, though without taking notes and with a slight color blindness problem in 2 of the last questions.

I used to get higher ratings (I thought I scored 138) on tests in which I had to guess on some language related questions (I don't know all fruits in English and thinks like that).

I've taken their tests before, and I tend to score lower on their tests than others. Don't know why. (I still qualify to pay them $59.95, though.) I also find it interesting how "culture fair" tests aren't "different types of IQ" fair--as I recall, it was largely pattern recognition, and I tend to see a different pattern than the test does.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

IQ tests and the whole concept of intelligence quotient have much higher respect than they deserve. Intelligence is much too complex thing to be determined with such simple tests.

I agree that these tests seldom are good measurements. If language isn't a problem, than it's different kinds of logic, or testing geometry only etcetc.

In this case of the "culture fair" test, they only measure row logic and geometry, and don't take color blindness into account.

Hey let's make grey, brown, light green, green and dark green arrows on a green background! Oh if they're rendered in 3D, we should add shadows!

It took me quite some time just to find out there were 3 kinds of green, and in another game that there was only one kind of yellow..

The weird thing is that I can see colour differences with only 1 RGB value difference (in some colours), but that's when finding the odd pixels in photoshop and the like. If I need to find the green lines on the other green background in between the other green lines, I get a bit mixed up.

I also got 106 and really wasn't paying attention. It didn't help that I'm color blind.

129 on the 'Ultimate' test

I love the honesty of the BAUT!

Shows character!

102 I hate logic puzzles with bright colors (ooh shiny)

Your score is: 141
    on the Ultimate IQ Test
    Well, it should be! I spent hours taking that test. I have no life.
    If the test was timed the score would be far far lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya
    132 on the timed test -- "Gifted". I qualified for High IQ Society membership... but it does not seem worth paying $59.95!
    Now that (not paying the $60) is a true mark of intelligence!

Browsing their site, I noticed that the graphic on the Go tournament page displays an impossible position. Go figure, eh? Maybe the graphic designer isn't part of the society....

Ok i decided to do the verbal IQ test and scored 102 (above population).

And also did the culture fair test and scored the same 102.

Titana...........

I did another test and scored 130.

Some questions were very unclear. ("up to including" ambiguity and things like that). Anyway I got 130 at that test.

Funny thing was that they wanted me to pay for a certificate, containing things like the Gauss curve etc. They already knew I had a University grade. How many people with a University grade don't know yet what a Gauss curve is ???...

Paying for the certificate, pffff. If I want a certificate, I'll do an official test. It gives a higher mark (around 140, though it's been a long time since I did a test, and there's a lot of difference in the 140 region) and it's for free. People would pay for a higher mark, so it's very odd these commercial tests don't grade me a 170, now THEN people would poay! .

BTW if you find mistakes in an IQ test, does that give you extra grading?

Example: a question was (in Dutch)

"which word means "expressing a feeling of discontent on a certain issue""
    And none of the possibilities was a verb...
    of course they were searching for the answer "complaint" but in fact that is a wrong answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas
    BTW if you find mistakes in an IQ test, does that give you extra grading?
    Yes

Hey, Nicolas! Monique is going to translate something for me from French into English. Do you speak French, too?

132... Gifted

And no, I'm not paying for a certificate. People think I'm obnoxious enough as it is!

I actually want to know what I got wrong so I can study for next time... Maybe I'm geekier than I thought.

Edit: I had a boyfriend years ago who made me take an IQ test with him. Truly annoyed him that I scored 20 points higher than he did...

keep in mind, all, the main test (first on the left) actually only goes UP TO 150 (it actually doesn't even say that)... near the tails it will be less accurate (assuming there is any accuracy anyway). there's another that is for UP TO 180, btw, that claims best accuracy between 150 and 170.

i'm not sure i want to say how i did

taks

118 on "ultimate test".
    I really don't like those puzzle (un-folded box) tests...

I did the first test and scored 128, though I actually missed out a couple of questions that I couldn't be bothered doing ( I got a bit bored with the "what pattern can not be made from the unfolded pattern" questions - I find them a bit tedious).

I've already been offically tested at 137 (of 150) but I like to do these tests to keep a check on things.

Has anyone heard of Howard Gardners 7 intelligences.

Has everyone heard of Howard Gardner’s seven intelligences? http://www.infed.org/thinkers/gardner.htm

Linguistic
    Logical-mathematical
    Musical
    Bodily-kinesthetic
    Spatial
    Interpersonal
    Intrapersonal

I explored his ideas very intensively a few years back. I look at is the typical organizational structure of the human brain as shaped by human culture.

Consider the implications of communication with only sign language. What about a culture with no eyesight? Perhaps an environment where the regular exact interpretation of complex mathematics was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Taks
    i'm not sure i want to say how i did

taks
    Afraid we're going to be jealous???

Quote Originally Posted by The Mangler
    Afraid we're going to be jealous???
    no comment. i intend to take the hard one, too.

a point worth noting, i score about the same on all these so-called "IQ" tests (like the tickle one, for example) that are offered online. i already know what my scores were from my childhood (anyone remember taking the SRA tests?). they are different now (lower, actually), though i'm not surprised. i do recall that it gets harder to score higher as you age simply because of the way the tests are designed i would surmise. the concept of mental age vs. physical age doesn't mean as much when you are an adult. of course, this test did not ask for age (the tickle one does) so my theory fails that test right out of the gate. hehe...

taks

I got 141, which means I am elegible for them to take money from me. It wouldn't tell me which ones I missed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy
    Yes

Hey, Nicolas! Monique is going to translate something for me from French into English. Do you speak French, too?
    I do speak French, but as I haven't used it in four years, I'm not good at it at the moment. I used to be rather good at it in high school.

Mais ça ne veut pas dire que moi, je ne sais plus comment je doit dire que vous êtes drôle, Bonbon!

I speak a little, it should be a nice exam reveiw