Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspended/banned posters log

Kalopin has been suspended, after multiple warnings and two infractions, for his continued rude behavior and failure to answer questions in his ATM thread.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Kalopin has been suspended, after multiple warnings and two infractions, for his continued rude behavior and failure to answer questions in his ATM thread.
    Another point, another suspension: http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....76#post2005176

The ATM forum is not for flinging vague speculation at the board, and starting a new thread with that kind of approach, immediately after having his previous thread closed for largely the same reason, adds up to little more than trolling.
    Thank you, members of cosmoquest forum, you are a part of my life I value.

astromark has been permanently banned for persistent inability to follow the rules of the forum. The last straw was the blatantly political post here.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

William has been suspended for two weeks for rude comments in this post, particularly after a long history of this behavior and after being warned about this a couple of weeks ago.

Hetman has been suspended for an accumulation of points, the most recent for this post, demonstrating rudeness and arguing moderation.

Aethelwulf gets 1 point for rudeness here ( http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....62#post2013862 ) and that adds up to a small suspension.

Hetman has been suspended for an accumulation of points, the most recent for this post, demonstrating rudeness and arguing moderation.
    Hetman has again been suspended for an accumulation of points, the most recent for this post.

Aethelwulf continues to argue moderation ( http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....33#post2016933 ) so earns another 2 points (a second offence infraction) which added to his prevous infractions for rudeness etc results in a 7 day suspension, having tripped the 5 point threshold.

TooMany got a second infraction in two days... leading to a three-day suspension. The specific infraction was a violation of the no religion rule mixed in with an ad hom. This was from comparing another member to "An Evangeliical".
    Forming opinions as we speak

Hetman has again been suspended for an accumulation of points, the most recent for this post.
    Hetman appears to be trying to get himself banned as quickly as possible. The latest suspension is for this post, advocating ATM in Q&A.

Aethelwulf is banned for an accumulation of points, the most recent for bad language in this post.

TooMany is suspended for a week due to accumulated points. This is as a result of this post, which wouldn't have caused much of a stir if a new person posted it, but TooMany is clearly trying to test the boundaries of how much "ATM and misinformational doubt for little work on his part" he can get into our mainstream sections. He hit the boundary again, and two points put him over the top again.

Totally Skeptical quickly broke several rules here and elsewhere. He quickly needed a few days off* to take a deep breath and read the rules.

(* minimum period is 3 days)
    Last edited by Swift; 2012-May-28 at 08:34 PM. Reason: fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    Totally Skeptical quickly broke several rules here and elsewhere. He quickly needed a few days off* to take a deep breath and read the rules.

(* minimum period is 3 days)
    And some more time off. Totally Skeptical does not understand how to present his case, and is performing a goal-shifting exercise; basically starting with an assumption that he is correct and demanding the mainstream prove itself to his satisfaction. That's not how it works. His is the extraordinary claim, and it is he who must bring the evidence (not just loose claims). Continuing to argue moderation doesn't help.

Later: on evidence of sock puppetry, the suspension (which had expired) has been converted into a ban (if you knew who (don't ask), you wouldn't be surprised).
    Last edited by pzkpfw; 2012-Jun-22 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Later:

He still can't play nice, and wants to make general insults against everyone. One more point, near a trigger point, more suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    KhashayarShatti continues to make ATM claims/speculation outside of the ATM forum. Second offense. Time off.
    http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....74#post1971474
    And some more. 1 point, added to previous points = more time off, for ATM by stealth.

( http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....ction-of-space )

TooMany has been our leading cause of alerts being sent in the recent past. He has a lot of points already, and so giving him a few more suspended him. He was suspended for comments about religion in this post, which he'd previously been warned about. It did not help that he had posted many times in a thread after he was explicitly told not to post in it. These are technical administrative reasons. The alerts we've been getting had to do with his indiscriminate posting of ATM ideas in the mainstream section, and his seeming obtuseness when knowledgeable members gave him sound reasons for his suggestions to be discounted as not matching observations.

On the plus side, in that same lengthy post, he wrote:
    That's absolutely true. I going to be inactive now
    and acknowledged that the people involved have been socially reasonable, and that this parting of ways (temporary or not) is mutual.

gkell1 has been banned. He was previously given permanent bans for two Member identities. You are not allowed to create a new identity to circumvent the ban(s). If you want to rejoin BAUT, petition an Administrator.

gkell1
    May 21, 2012
    redacted

oriel36
    August 15, 2003
    redacted
    Banned March 2008 [Avoided answering questions in ATM, then hijacked thread with ATM ideas]

oriel
    Feb 13, 2004
    redacted
    Post IDs overlap with oriel36
    Banned March 2008 [Same as oriel36]
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Hetman taking some time off (2 weeks) after making off topic claims here in the moon motion thread. He seems to like stirring things up for some reason or other.
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

RandyD123 has been suspended for three days for this post. This violated our "no religion or politics" rule, which is in place to avoid wasting people's time and energy in long heated arguments with no possible resolution. He had no other infractions still active on his record, so the suspension is short.

Parallel Universes taking some deserved time off for various reasons, the latest being calling the moderation team Nazis.
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
    Parallel Universes taking some deserved time off for various reasons, the latest being calling the moderation team Nazis.
    I've reviewed Parallel Universes brief career on here. In a mere 39 posts, he's insulted the moderators collectively and individually, disparaged several religions and nationalities, and made it clear that he has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to this forum. That and other behavior suggests that he's the sock puppet of a previously banned member, which is a banning offense all by itself. It's clear he has no place on this forum, and I've therefore issued him a permaban infraction.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

publiusr has been suspended for an accumulation of infraction points, the most recent ones for this post.

dapifo taking a few days off because of inappropriate language.

Hetman has been permanently banned from CQ for an accumulation of infraction points. His most recent points were for this post. Since March 2012 he had received a total of 16 infractions and formal warnings.

Grassman permanently banned as a sock puppet of a previously banned member.
    Brett's the name. Peters Creek is the place.
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────
    My moderation comments will appear in this color.
    To report a post (even this one) to the moderation team, click the reporting icon in the lower-left corner of the post:
    Rules For Posting To This Board ► ◄ Forum FAQs ► ◄ Conspiracy Theory Advice ► ◄ Alternate Theory Advice

Cosmologist Suspended for repeated insults and arguing Moderation.
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

And Cosmologist hasn't learned yet, which earns him another Suspension.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Bob Angstrom has been suspended for advocating his own ATM ideas in someone else's ATM thread, most recently here.

ClaudiaT Banned as a sock of a previously banned member
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple