Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's HUb' ??

Smile Where's HUb' ?? - found!

Did I miss the memo?

Sorry if this has been asked before and if my question is confusing to the UTF people, but: where's HUb'?

All his posts (from BABB) just list him as "guest."

Oh dear. My favorite BABB member. What did I miss? Didn't he survive the "transition."

Please bring us our HUb' back!
    Last edited by kleindoofy; 2005-Sep-26 at 11:53 PM. Reason: resolved

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I suppose that it just adds to his intrigue.

Maybe the user name didn't translate? That apostrophe might be a problem. If you're out there HUb'... drop us a note and we'll help bring back your identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kidd
    True, but that incarnation has only 27 posts. The majority of Hub's posts are still ascribed to "Guest"

Quote Originally Posted by pghnative
    True, but that incarnation has only 27 posts. The majority of Hub's posts are still ascribed to "Guest"
    Solving that will cost ya more.

HUb's having a hard time figuring out the new merger. LOL.

He is posting on Illuminati for now. I'm trying to help him understand the new 'concept'. He'll be in full force in about 3 months. LOL.

He's a little upset, because he can't find his old threads. THE WRATH OF HUb'! LOL.

I'm sorry to write so many LOL, but this is so cute. LOL.

Thumbs up

Yeah, I was wondering where HUb' was too. The BAUT just wouldn't be the BAUT without his(?) semi-intelligible posts. Glad to see he's(?) still around.

- Maha "HUb' of activity" Vailo

He'll be back. I told him he needs to clean out his PM's, in order to receive or send more. He was doing tests. I had over 150, so I missed some after deleting 6 pages. I'll help HUb' navigate back to cyber-reality. He's a good person. Caution: He's upset with his missing threads, though. If anyone finds them, PM me, and I will pass on the links. It will take awhile for him to get used to the new BAUT. I'll take the time to help him.

I already feared compatibility problems between the new forum and the Hub'bot

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas
    I already feared compatibility problems between the new forum and the Hub'bot
    Not to distract away from HUb', but I missed you and the arm so much!

ToSeek sent me some links for HUb'. I forwarded them to his personal email address. HUb' will be back real soon. I'll make sure to follow-up, because I know how invaluable HUb' is to and for the BAUT. If HUb' has never said it, he is truly grateful to you all for being so nice to him. HUb' is really a good guy with a 'few distractions'.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy
    ... a good guy with a 'few distractions'.
    "Distractions" or not, HUb' has always impressed me as being an unpretentious, likable, and, as the BA once put it, pleasingly "enigmatic" member of the forum. I've enjoyed his posts from the first one I, well, tried to read.

I'm very glad to see he's still here. The BAUT wouldn't be the same without him.

@HUb': I hope your threads are all recovered and that you get used to the new board without difficulties.

I emailed him this link. He'll be here shortly.

I would guess that the Hub' user failed to import, thus all his old posts are linked to a non-existent user-id (best) or nothing (worst). If the former, the admins should be able to fix it with a simple SQL query. If the latter, it will be trickier.

Also, some nice person might want to report this as a bug to the vBulletin team (unless this was a custom import step).

Robert Andersson, it takes HUb' awhile to assimilate. I'm sure the missing threads are there, but HUb' is very 'creature of nature'. This new board is very different from what he is used to looking at, myself included.

.1 If there "exists" a color butten {I don't see it}
    2: so off color?
    3? it will take at least 9 to catch up Just on this thread
    ----
    in General tho? i'll be in Physics 101 starting Sept 26th
    thats CH 271 {Cramer Hall} same room as Summer
    the title is Essentials .. I abbriviate ESSE
    ===
    and then say East of SSE
    anyway back to essential
    Basics
    ::::
    the Gravity wave Detector (MOD2)
    is in the desk drawer {Under construction}
    maybe it will be finished by the 26th
    ???
    I rather doubt it though
    as my best supplier (Wacky Willy)
    has gone out of business ?

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....203#post550203
    Last edited by HUb'; 2005-Sep-07 at 03:50 PM. Reason: 8:50 am PDT

Hey, it's HUb'!

If you want to do colored text, go to "User CP" and then click on "Edit Options". Once there, go to the very bottom of the page and change the box to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing". That will give you a bunch of text editing buttons in your post text editor including a color button.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser
    Maybe the user name didn't translate? That apostrophe might be a problem.
    Hope not
    Quote Originally Posted by HUb'
    the Gravity wave Detector (MOD2)
    is in the desk drawer {Under construction}
    maybe it will be finished by the 26th
    ???
    I rather doubt it though
    as my best supplier (Wacky Willy)
    has gone out of business ?
    Wacky Willy Desktop Gravity Wave Detectors? Seems like there'd be landoffice business for that

Quote Originally Posted by xbck1
    Hey, it's HUb'!

If you want to do colored text, go to "User CP" ...
    Or just type [color=red] and get red text [/color] like so: and get red text Obviously there are more colours than red.

If you want invisible text then [color=#F5F5FF] Useful for spoiler text and joke punchlines [/color]

[spoiler] Useful for spoiler text and joke punchlines [/spoiler]

Highlight the space between the spoiler tags to reveal the hidden text.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy
    Or just type [color=red] and get red text [/color] like so: and get red text Obviously there are more colours than red.

If you want invisible text then [color=#F5F5FF] Useful for spoiler text and joke punchlines [/color]

[spoiler] Useful for spoiler text and joke punchlines [/spoiler]

Highlight the space between the spoiler tags to reveal the hidden text.
    But then the spoiler will be visible if it's quoted!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie
    But then the spoiler will be visible if it's quoted!
    Well then you'll just have to change the colour in the quote

Edit: E0E0F6
    Last edited by Sleepy; 2005-Sep-07 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Added code

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy
    Note that this board lets the user choose template. A user might have a different background color.

EDIT: Oops, seems like I was wrong. I thought vBulletin supported, but maybe that hasn't been enabled yet. Carry on...
    Last edited by Robert Andersson; 2005-Sep-07 at 05:37 PM. Reason: retracting statement

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Andersson
    Note that this board lets the user choose template. A user might have a different background color.

EDIT: Oops, seems like I was wrong. I thought vBulletin supported, but maybe that hasn't been enabled yet. Carry on...
    They still might. If you know what you are doing you can alter the appearance of any website you are looking at live so to speak.

Also if TPTB do implement different skins then this trick wont work. Course TPTB may just enable spoiler tags so making this trick moot.
    Last edited by Sleepy; 2005-Sep-07 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by HUb'
    3? it will take at least 9 to catch up Just on this thread
    ----
    Hi HUb'!

Glad to see you're here. I hope you remember me from BABB.

What a pleasure to have you post in one of my threads.

Have fun on BAUT.

I still think HUb' is a machine.

I was under the (wrong?) impression that Hub' is visually impaired, so messing with his posts and "losing" them would pose a pretty big problem.

If my impression is wrong, I apologize, Hub'.

Good to have you back!

CJSF
    "Soon the man who sweeps the room brings the secret telegram, 'COMMENCE OFFICIAL INTERPLANETARY EXPLORATION.' "
    -They Might Be Giants, "Destination Moon"

It's just the change I think...

How are you getting on there HUb' Nice to see you here!

Quote Originally Posted by Archer17
    I still think HUb' is a machine.
    Me, I suspect HUb' has a touch of Asperger's Syndrome. If true, it means that the move will disorient him a bit; people with Asperger's don't tend to be too keen on change, especially unexpected change.

Never fear, though. Once he works out the text colors, I suspect he will be bewildering us all anew.

Izunya

I'm not sure whether it is Asperger. I have a friend who has Asperger, and his posts are standard. Of course, Asperger can manifest itself in many different ways. My friend is very good in language, but has other issues. Whatever Hub's situation is, there is a strong urge to get logic into his posts - his logic.

Well, I've got used to it and can read most of his posts. And I do respect Hub and his posts because beyond the "mask" there's a very interesting person!

So, this is my first Hub' post, I'm suprised to say I can read it. Allow me to say welcome back Hub', although I think I joined after you were last active I've heard alot about you (Don't worry, all of it good) and I'm rather pleased to see that the infamous enigma will still be around.

(>< It seems I am incapable of writing a good 'welcome back' post, so I apollogise for the general low-quality of the above.)