Page 134 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 4478

Thread: NEW MEMBER? Introduce yourself in this thread.

Welcome to BAUT, Chad!

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Board Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Hello! Goodbye!

I guess my posts are uninteresting to most, so I'll leave you now to to find a different crowd. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Extrasolar View Post
    Hello! Goodbye!

I guess my posts are uninteresting to most, so I'll leave you now to to find a different crowd. Take care!
    Just take some time off and check in later. Goodbye for now.

Hello,

After a difficult start I finally made it, and happy to be here.
    I'm living in Brussels for the moment but I'm Portuguese and when I was young(er) I liked to stare at the sky during the nice summer nights (I had the change to live in the countryside and the sky was just amazing)!
    By joining this forum I hope to get some answers to a few of my many questions.

See you around soon

Hi Baduniverse!
    Welcome to BAUT!

Best,
    dave

hello, i am a new comer to this board. i found the site yesterday and like it. so i think i should write something and say hello to every friends. I am a 30-year-old dentist, and i want to make friends with you,talk health, life and anything with you.
    I look forward to meeting you!

Hi Nachrid,
    Welcome to BAUT!

Best,
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by BadUniverse View Post
    I'm living in Brussels for the moment but I'm Portuguese and when I was young(er) I liked to stare at the sky during the nice summer nights (I had the change to live in the countryside and the sky was just amazing)!
    I've never been to Portugal (yet), but here up north we also get beautiful nights to stare at the sky when it's freezing cold. Dress warm next winter, and get outside at night

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Board Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    I've never been to Portugal (yet), but here up north we also get beautiful nights to stare at the sky when it's freezing cold. Dress warm next winter, and get outside at night
    Main "problem" is just that I'm living in Brussels and light pollution is far too big (unfortunately) and when I go out of Brussels on short weekend holidays most of the times the sky is covered...

Quote Originally Posted by BadUniverse View Post
    Hello,

After a difficult start I finally made it, and happy to be here.
    By joining this forum I hope to get some answers to a few of my many questions.

See you around soon
    I spent two weeks in Portugal recently and even in downtown Lisbon the skies were vastly clearer than they were from my home between Washington, DC, and Baltimore. I felt as if Jupiter and Venus were my constant companions every evening!
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrasolar View Post
    Hello! Goodbye!

You take care! I'd subscribed to your tutorial when you first posted it, I've meant to sit down and play with it, but... I haven't had time. Anyway, thanks!

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....t=#post2000264

Quote Originally Posted by grapes View Post
    You take care! I'd subscribed to your tutorial when you first posted it, I've meant to sit down and play with it, but... I haven't had time. Anyway, thanks!

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....t=#post2000264
    Well, I am trying to continue my "work" pretty heavily, so check out my website devoted to it when you get a chance (extrasolar.us/AKO), and thanks! It just takes a lot of time to add to that 'tutorial' thread, so not knowing what the interesting level is, is not motivating me to post stuff on BAUT.

Hi all,

Greetings from the PRC.

Welcome to BAUT, Rough Edges.

Hi!

Hi, I'm retired, 71 years old living in Berkeley California and so light polution is a problem getting worse every night. It seams only last night I was able to see the the circumpolar constellations, but tonight they are gone. When I go up north i can see them again. I have been interested in space exploration since I was in high school.

Welcome itskurtins! Hope you enjoy your visits here.

I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I registered here to ask a while back. Decided to introduce myself first so I can ask questions and follow events like tomorrow night's.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I registered here to ask a while back. Decided to introduce myself first so I can ask questions and follow events like tomorrow night's.
    Welcome to Baut, Godfather.

How can you be two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Hi all!

I have been interested in astronomy for almost as long as I can remember -- preceded by a dinosaur phase (weekly visits to the Peabody Museum of Natural History). I grew up following every NASA mission. The National Geographic with a story about Shepard's flight fell apart...watch the takeoff of John Glenn's flight in my grade school gym/auditorium on a black and white TV...watched every Gemini launch that I could...occasionally I would catch the "Gemini Flu" if the launch fell on a school day...remember vividly the aborted launch of Gemini VIA...was stunned and saddened by the news of the Apollo I fire...chuckled when Walter Cronkite's booth almost collapsed during the first Saturn V launch...rode the emotional roller coaster of the Apollo 11 landing...was so exhausted when the video feed came in with Armstrong descending the ladder that my brain could barely process the poor fuzzy image (IIRC the initial picture was upside down)...was disappointed when the Apollo missions were cut back...how could I become an astronaut?

I went to college and majored in math with a minor in chemistry. My math major allowed enough time to dabble in several areas of science: chemistry (P-chem and advanced organic reactions), geology, some physics (though I had learned most of it through my math courses), biology (one good course in experimental biology -- early molecular stuff -- and one horrendous, brain addling intro course), and astronomy (two semesters with calculus and Diff Eq). After college, my curiosity was sparked by molecular biology and got a degree in biochemistry and biophysics. My working life has mostly been spent doing basic research, mostly bacterial metabolism and bacteriophage biochemistry with an excursion into fission yeast to do some genetics and cell biology. I also taught undergraduate micro, virology, bacterial physiology and molecular genetics, but the academic life was not for me: loved teaching but hated academic politics.

I now do consulting and tutoring, along with pursuing some long-term computational studies. Recently, I have become quite interested in astrobiology and the origin of life, a combination of two of my passions: astronomy and metabolism. I am not all work an no play. I enjoy sketching/painting and when possible playing golf. I haven't owned a TV for 7 years, but it stealthily has invaded my computer, thereby allowing me to catch up on all of the sci-fi TV shows and movies that I had missed. Although I am a voracious consumer of documentaries of all types, my favorite distraction is the abundant seminars, colloquia, and lectures available. The physics/astronomy community is way out ahead of other disciplines, but I can't complain with Lenny Susskind teaching me modern physics, the KITP programs providing in depth discussions about everything from evolution to string theory, and the Space Telescope Institute streaming a smorgasbord of interesting topics.

One reason that I chose to join this group is the variety of ages and backgrounds. I look forward to interacting with you all.

Greetings.

Although I've already posted a couple posts, I figured I'd introduce myself. I'm PlutonianEmpire, and I'm active on a gaming forum, as well as the forum dedicated to the open source space program Celestia, for which I've shared a few of my addons, one of which I have a web page dedicated to.

As for personal details, I'm 27, and I currently reside in central Minnesota.

Hope to have a good time here.

Hi syzygy42!
    Welcome to BAUT!

Best,
    dave

Hi PlutonianEmpire, welcome to BAUT
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Hi. My name is Patrick, and I live in northwestern Pennsylvania about fifty miles north of Pittsburgh. I am an on-site electrical engineer for a large industrial electric contractor. I also do consulting work as a PLC programmer, usually for companies who need programs written for robotic automation that are difficult to write in a ladder logic format.

I have been very interested in both astronomy and physics since a very young age, and I received my first telescope at age seven. I wish now that I had chosen astrophysics as a career. At the time I was making those choices, that option didn't seem to be very practical.

When I'm not working I enjoy riding my motorcycles, playing with my dogs, reading, and staying up all night with my telescopes. I am looking forward to many enjoyable discussions on this forum.

Hi primummobile,
    Welcome to BAUT!

Best,
    dave

I'm Sven and I'm 23 years old. I'm student on Stockholm University. My hobbies are: computer games, chatting with hot girls and cool guys, sports and of course astronomy.

Hi Sven, welcome to BAUT!

Hallo everyone!

I'm from Serbia. I have 30 years.

Hi Pedja!
    Welcome to BAUT!

Best,
    dave

Hello, everybody.

I came here through SolStation site. I love stuff about space and I think will be a really good stay on this forum.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Regards.

Hi CptGuadpo, welcome to BAUT.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules