Page 103 of 150 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 4478

Thread: NEW MEMBER? Introduce yourself in this thread.

Hey guys, my name is frank im 27 and from dublin ireland

Ive always had an interest in astronomy since i was young so look forward in getting to know some of you guys

Welcome and Happy 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyfrank View Post
    Hey guys, my name is frank im 27 and from dublin ireland

Ive always had an interest in astronomy since i was young so look forward in getting to know some of you guys
    You also have a very very scary avatar.

I'm not sure I trust you. You want to "get to know me", do you? In what way? I HAVE NO ORGANS TO DONATE!

:|

Hi, I'm a 49 year old Lean/6 Sigma blackbelt in Pennsylvania working to improve healthcare quality & efficiency.
    Recently completed Astronomy 101 course and am yearning to learn more. My BFF has taken to calling me GalaxyGal due to my newfound obsession, so I figured I'd use it here.

Looking forward....and upward

Kathleen

Welcome G-Gal.

I hope Six Sigma works better in healthcare than it does in my industry. My experience of it has been that of yet another "business fad" that takes time and effort away from the main task with little benefit to show for it.

But that may just be me being a cranky old man. Hope you enjoy your visits to BAUT.

Hi Donnie,

I've been in healthcare PI/CI/QI for 20+ years and was highly skeptical about a new 'fad' - (lean/6-sig is relatively new to healthcare), but the benefits have been amazing......as long as we only pull out the 6Sig arsenal when needed and avoid having 'lean' become 'LAME' :Lean As Misguidely Executed

Looking forward to learning more about Astronomy

I'm new to BAUT!

Hi all,

It's my first time here, I perused this site and thought that I'd join in...

A bit about me: I have a BSME degree, and until recently I have 25 years experience in the automotive industry. The implosion of the economy led me to find a new job (and now seems career) working for a small company that designs and manufactures acoustic and intercom equipment for general aviation and military use.

Welcome to BAUT, Apogee. Any relation to Cmdr. Keen?

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Board Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Hello all

30 years young, unlike a-lot of people in life, I took the scenic route when I was younger. Now im going back to school as a college freshman, i've always been interested in space, so I decided this would be a great hobby to keep me out of trouble.

Happy new year to you all.

Hello dipmeinlsd/simplemind (sorry I'm a crossword compulsive), wish I'd had your nerve when I was thirty. Happy New Year to you too and good luck with the pretty young things. STUDIES, I mean studies

Hi all,

Someone has been recommending this place to me for a long time, I finally got around to checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Segue View Post
    Hi all,

Someone has been recommending this place to me for a long time, I finally got around to checking it out.
    Welcome, Segue, we've been waiting for you

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    Welcome to BAUT, Apogee. Any relation to Cmdr. Keen?
    No relation, but I did have that video game back in the day!

everything changes as soon as you measure it, remember heiseberg. and everything is a frame of reference, when we try to give things quantitative measurement thats the instant it becomes physical. all matter is theoretically condensed energy. the moment we make a snap shot of an on going process thats when we forget what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp123 View Post
    everything changes as soon as you measure it, remember heiseberg. and everything is a frame of reference, when we try to give things quantitative measurement thats the instant it becomes physical. all matter is theoretically condensed energy. the moment we make a snap shot of an on going process thats when we forget what is going on.
    I'm fine, thank you, how are you?

...Wrong thread? Or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by SolusLupus View Post
    ...Wrong thread?
    If so, I apologize for my sarcasm.
    But my feeling is it's just someone lacking table manners...

Hello everyone! My name is John and I am a college student in Mobile, Alabama. Astronomy has been a hobby of mine for a little over 2 years but I just received my first telescope for Christmas. I just made a thread about it here http://www.bautforum.com/astronomica...ml#post1654508

It has a couple questions in it so maybe you guys will be able to help out. I look forward to learning more on this forum!

Thumbs up New guy introduction

Hello, Im Jackson. Ive been reading comments and such about 2012 all over the web. I saw the movie which I have to admit has great effects. I want to mention a novel that I read a couple of months ago before seeing 2012. Its called Stellar Wind 2012. I liked it way more than the film. 2012 is doomsday for most of Mankind. Its scary and there is no hope with the exception of a few chosen ones. In Stellar Wind 2012, the author leaves the reader with hope, the dawn of a new world. She has obviously studied the mayan prophesies and has wooven them into the story. It was a fun read, adventurous and with HOPE. I had read the reviews and expected one thing but got so much more. I just wanted to mention this novel for those who saw the film and are now crapping in their pants. Thats it. Thanks for hearing me out. Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonhenry View Post
    Hello, Im Jackson. Ive been reading comments and such about 2012 all over the web. I saw the movie which I have to admit has great effects. I want to mention a novel that I read a couple of months ago before seeing 2012. Its called Stellar Wind 2012. I liked it way more than the film. 2012 is doomsday for most of Mankind. Its scary and there is no hope with the exception of a few chosen ones. In Stellar Wind 2012, the author leaves the reader with hope, the dawn of a new world. She has obviously studied the mayan prophesies and has wooven them into the story. It was a fun read, adventurous and with HOPE. I had read the reviews and expected one thing but got so much more. I just wanted to mention this novel for those who saw the film and are now crapping in their pants. Thats it. Thanks for hearing me out. Jackson.
    Wooop Woooop Woooop! "warning Warning, this is a test... This is only a test... In the event of an emergency you would don your tinfoil hat and wait for further instructions. This is only a test"

Wlcome to the board henry jackson

dipmeinlsd,

Your comment seems a little inappropriate, particularly for the Welcome thread. Even if meant as a joke, it comes off as a putdown of jacksonhenry.

jacksonhenry,

If you are going to advocate some end-of-the-world belief for 2012, based on some book, or anything else, please do so in an appropriate part of this forum (not the Welcome thread), such as the Conspiracy Theories section.

I would encourage both of you to look over the rules for this forum.

Thanks to both of you.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Hi there folks;

I'm a newbie here. Sounds like a good forum to express some radical ideas, creativity and things without too much persecution from the closed-minded mainstream science establishment (I'm really a crazy, cranky, crack-potty, junk-sci-aholic but lovin' every minute of it ! ! ! lol ! ! ! ).

On a more serious note, I wish somebody could help me find an old NASA photo of what appears might be a cave in the side of a crater rim with an anchient lava river streaming out of it. Might be able to more solidly confirm it's existence.

I've always been a devout science and technology enthusiast. I really eat it up. I was always a self-educated bookworm and already reading high school and college science books when I was 10 years old. I was already years ahead of everybody else when it comes to high tech ideas and inventions...... many of which came true over the years. At age 50, I still love it...... although my life wasted away in poverty and never got recognition for anything. Even if I don't make a million dollars off of anything, the fascinating thrill is reward enough in itself.

Hello,

I'm a 24 year old with a couple of degrees in mathematics and particle physics. I came across this site on my wanderings, and thought I might be able to help out in the threads to do with relativity and suchlike.

Welcome jfpowell!

Very nice to have you here and offering your assistance.

All the best!

Spoons, why are you ignoring Tasmodevil? Bad spoon! Welcome tasmodevil44, try asking your question in Q&A, or maybe Astronomy.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Board Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Oh, my sincere apple orgies. I also would like to welcome tasmodevil44. So... welcome tasmodevil44!

Thank you slang, my consciencey chum!

NewMember - NewImage

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and want to share my lastest image:

http://www.starpointing.com/ccd/iris.html

I picture the sky from a little observatory in switzerland. We do not have many clear skies here and lightpollution is a big problem. Since long exposure times are needed to obtain good images, I produces only a few pictures during the year. For more information, please visit my homepage!

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy!

Clear skies,
    Fabian

fabianneyer I have merged your hello post into this general introduction thread. Welcome to the board and please take time to read through the rules

Welcome, fabian! Great photography there, extremely deep exposures. Wow.

Double crescent moon

I came upon this site because I was seeking an explanation for the double crescent moon I saw this morning (1/11/10) in Annapolis, MD. I was on my way into the hospital around 6:15 a.m. and there they were. Clear sky, 18 degrees, snow on the ground. I'd just never seen anything like it before...and it was not a vision issue.