It was a part of my history and I look back on it with fondness
    So do I. Welcome back Sid.
    Forming opinions as we speak

already posted on this site is a pic of one of the lunar modules
    and taken from an earth telescope

Originally posted by piersdad@May 18 2005, 07:18 PM
    already posted on this site is a pic of one of the lunar modules
    and taken from an earth telescope
    piers- I can't seem to find it on search, and I'm not having any luck with Google either. could you direct me to it more specifically? I'd love to see it!

Anyone who would deny what is so painfully obvious to even a biased observer of the (massive amount of) evidence should seriously consider an evaluation for a paranoid personality disorder. Cognitive psychotherapy can be helpful in helping such individuals assimilate and adjust to the pressures of living in an open society which can be a problematic for a person with such a disorder.

Having thoroughly reviewed the link that Carson provided, I am now convinced the American taxpayer was taken for a ride. I always understood transmitting color video footage in those days would be a challenge, but those images really stink. The color is off and so is the contrast. I thought NASA spent millions to develope special video equipment for that mission. I think we should request a full refund! :blink:

Originally posted by antoniseb+May 18 2005, 07:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (antoniseb @ May 18 2005, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sid Wilson@May 18 2005, 07:01 PM
    It was a part of my history and I look back on it with fondness
    So do I. Welcome back Sid. [/b][/quote]

It is also part of my history - I would have been a little older than you at the Time, Sid. I remember it very clearly & perhaps the part that most stuck in my memory is the same for most people who saw it - the landing&#33;

When the lander was hovering over the surface of the Moon trying to find a place to land & time - & fuel&#33; - were running out&#33;

How nearly 40 years later people still say it was a hoax put up by NASA is beyond me&#33; :unsure:

http://www.universetoday.com/forum/index.p...=6898&hl=apollo

aeolus astromark posted this pic on the above thread search for apollo in thread headings

it shows a definate up stanging object with 2 light pixels shining beneath the object as would be expected with a lunar module on legs
    id post the pic here but cant seem to be able to do that on this thread

That&#39;s great&#33; Are those footprints I see?

I think it obvious that the moon langing were NOT faked, some people however don&#39;t agree, nomatter how much evidence we show them, there is however one way to prove to them that the moon landing did take place. It&#39;s quite simple really, just round them all up, chuck them in a space shuttle, and sent them to the moon and let them walk around there until they find the landing sites and the landing section of the rovers that were left behind&#33; Maybe then they&#39;ll beleave the moon landings took place. Oh, and if it turns out the landings really were faked, well they&#39;ll have the honor of being the first people on the moon&#33;

But seriously though, that would be a good way to prove that they took place, now most people will think it&#39;s just a waste of money to send people to the moon just to prove we did 50 odd years earlier, but it&#39;s something we could do when we colonise the moon, bound to do it sooner or later, there&#39;s probably tons of usful stuff we could mine there ... ... ... I&#39;ve just said something really stupid haven&#39;t I?

That&#39;s great&#33; Are those footprints I see
    lol
    if you save the pic to your computor and then use a zoom function then you will see the small crater with a shadow to the right and a bright spot to the left.
    the lunar module has a bright spot to the right and a dark one to the left.
    therefor the latter has to be something standing above the surface and the other below( a crater)

Originally posted by Carson@Mar 17 2004, 12:06 PM
    I think you guys really owe it to yourselves to take a good look at this. It is very, very challenging to the most brilliant of discerning minds, and I believe you&#39;ll find its conclusions compelling.

http://stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_landings...on_landings.htm
    h34r:
    I agree that we went on the Moon.

What seems quite wrong though is that we have very few pictures while there must be thousands. For each Apollo mission we have approximatelly ten pictures of the surface of the Moon (except for Apollo 17 where we have about fifty pictures). For the 25 Russian missions Luna and Zond we have about three pictures total &#33;&#33;&#33;
    What is the explanation?
    Is it national security that does not allow the two nations to release more pictures?

It doesn&#39;t make sense.

Your cartoons were hillarious.

thanks

Nick

anyone ever see Capricorn One

Originally posted by ozzmosis@Aug 19 2005, 05:52 PM
    anyone ever see Capricorn One

I saw the film - many years ago&#33; It was quite interesting & must be the staple diet of Moon landing sceptics&#33;

Fellow scientists I didn&#39;t get an answer to my questions.

Where are the thousands of pictures from all the missions (Apollo, Zond, Luna and Clementine where we only got one picture&#33;&#33

Why isn&#39;t Armstrong, Auldrin and all those austronauts that went on the moon touring all the Universities of the World giving speeches?
    Why are they hiding?
    Was this a private trip? aren&#39;t the people allowed to know and to ask questions?

Shame&#33;

Sorry if I trouble you boys but the scientific community must answer to the correct questions - where is the multitude of pictures (not the easy question - did we go to the moon).

thanks

Nick

Originally posted by zoisnick@Aug 22 2005, 08:00 AM
    where is the multitude of pictures
    I&#39;m not sure where the whole collection might be, but it didn&#39;t take much searching on the web to find a bigger collection than you mention. Try here for Apollo 11, and related sites for the others. (This is just one camera).

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/...ges11.html#Hass

Originally posted by antoniseb@Aug 22 2005, 02:37 PM
    I&#39;m not sure where the whole collection might be, but it didn&#39;t take much searching on the web to find a bigger collection than you mention. Try here for Apollo 11, and related sites for the others. (This is just one camera).

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/...ges11.html#Hass
    I think you said that there is a lot of photographs.
    Where are they ? I only see the same ten panoramas on the surface of the moon showing pretty much the same things.

Why didn&#39;t they take some closeups of the landing area during their ascent?

Why isn&#39;t Armstrong and the rest of the austronauts touring the universities of the World creating a pro-space exploration sentiment?

Why did Clementine give us only two or three pictures?

Where are the pictures from Luna and Zond soviet missions?

Why are they hiding the fact that Mars has life as shown on photographs released (water, trees, bushes and snow).

Why in Cydonia on Mars they did not show a closeup of the castle like structure? (when we were in orbit a couple of years ago).

Why in the book The Arctic Circle they ridicule NASA?

Why are they trying hard to convince us that today is harder than it was in 1969 to go to the moon and that we cannot properly maintain the space shuttles.

Someone with guts should answer these questions.

thanks

Nick

Originally posted by zoisnick@Aug 23 2005, 10:13 AM
    I think you said that there is a lot of photographs.
    Where are they ? I only see the same ten panoramas on the surface of the moon showing pretty much the same things.
    There are about 150 to 200 images taken on the lunar surface and listed by film magazine on this site. I am surprised that you think there are only ten. The reason they show pretty much the same things is that Buzz and Neil didn&#39;t go very far from the Lunar Module during the Apollo XI EVA.
    Why didn&#39;t they take some closeups of the landing area during their ascent?
    I&#39;m guessing they were busy flying the craft.
    Why isn&#39;t Armstrong and the rest of the austronauts touring the universities of the World creating a pro-space exploration sentiment?
    Buzz Aldrin is doing this. Neil Armstrong has always been a fairly private man, and not much of a public speaker. All of these guys are pretty old now (several are dead).
    Why did Clementine give us only two or three pictures?
    Here&#39;s a mosaic of over 1500 Clementine Images.
    http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/enc...lm_usgs_17.html
    Where are the pictures from Luna and Zond soviet missions?
    These are very old, and are stored on microfiche at NSSDC
    http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar...arussrdata.html
    Why are they hiding the fact that Mars has life as shown on photographs released (water, trees, bushes and snow).
    Ha Ha Ha, that&#39;s amusing.
    Why in Cydonia on Mars they did not show a closeup of the castle like structure? (when we were in orbit a couple of years ago).
    I haven&#39;t heard of this structure. Can you point to an image on the web that shows it? Basically, only a small fraction of Mars can have closeups taken of it. Make a good case to take a closeup there, and they will take one.
    Why in the book The Arctic Circle they ridicule NASA?
    I&#39;ve never read it, but this is a free society, and the people at NASA are certainly not perfect, nor are its results. It has, however, done quite well all considered. The book probably focuses on areas where the author was disappointed.
    Why are they trying hard to convince us that today is harder than it was in 1969 to go to the moon and that we cannot properly maintain the space shuttles.
    For one thing it is harder to go today. Budgets are tighter, safety consciousness is higher, we are aware of more dangers. We plan to go on a grander scale. At the same time the chemicals used to launch rockets release no more energy than they did in 1969, so no miracle of technology has vastly improved our ability to get there.
    Someone with guts should answer these questions.
    I&#39;m not sure what you mean by guts. I think someone with facts is what you&#39;re looking for. No courage is involved.

Originally posted by zoisnick@Aug 22 2005, 03:00 AM
    Why isn&#39;t Armstrong, Auldrin and all those austronauts that went on the moon touring all the Universities of the World giving speeches?
    Gene Cernan is an avid speaker. I have heard him many times talk about moon landings and lunar colonization.

Other astronauts got a raw deal in the way of a paycheck. some of them will do public speaking, but you gotta pay. few will volunteer.

Why are they hiding?
    probably because they were NOT hired as public speakers, but as test pilots.

also, a lot of these guys are not "public speaker" material. I.E. I have heard Yeager speak and wish he would stop doing so, regardless of all the people who want him to. he is getting to old and rambles on too much.

Was this a private trip? aren&#39;t the people allowed to know and to ask questions?
    search the internet, there are a few astronauts with email addresses, talk to them.

Its certainly been mentioned before in this string and maybe should be said again, but anyone who is having doubts as to whether NASA faked the moon landings should visit www.badastronomy.com and read the excellent article which is linked from the home page.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the land of scientific thought from the senseless claws of conspiricy theory soon&#33;

I for one think that the faking claim is a preposterous accusation which shows no respect for the bravery shown by everyone involved in the Apollo programme.

Aren&#39;t all the Apollo photographs available on CD ?
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

Originally posted by Jakenorrish@Aug 23 2005, 02:25 PM
    Its certainly been mentioned before in this string and maybe should be said again, but anyone who is having doubts as to whether NASA faked the moon landings should visit www.badastronomy.com and read the excellent article which is linked from the home page.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the land of scientific thought from the senseless claws of conspiricy theory soon&#33;

I for one think that the faking claim is a preposterous accusation which shows no respect for the bravery shown by everyone involved in the Apollo programme.
    I am not saying that we didn&#39;t go to the moon.
    I am saying that it is not greatly advertized as an accomplishment. Most people know very little on the subject.
    Why?

Originally posted by antoniseb@Aug 23 2005, 11:50 AM

Hello again

I would like to know :

Where is Buzz Aldrin speaking next time?

The Clementine mosaic has no detail. Why they don&#39;t show us the 1500 photographs that it was produced from and which will definetelly have plenty of resolution?

The Luna and Zond images are on microfilm at NSSDC? Why aren&#39;t they posted on the internet so that we can all see them? Very old images does not mean useless.

Somebody wrote that the austronauts do not get expenses payed to make speeches. Why?

Life on Mars my friend is not amusing. It is exciting&#33;

For a set of pictures from Viking about the fort of Cydonia on Mars see www.mufor.org/cydonia.htm

If this was a perfect world we wouldn&#39;t question anything. Believe me.
    But when lies abound everywhere we have a right to suspect that we are not told all the important details.

Remember that for all the twentieth century they were saying that it is unlikely that there is life anywhere in the Universe?
    Then last year they told us that only in our galaxy there must be about thirty million planets with similar conditions to Earth.

My opinion is that since we went to the moon thirty six years ago today it should be a tourist destination. When science has advanced so greatly in all fields we cannot support the opinion that it did not advance in the propulsion technology. Why didn&#39;t the space shuttle all these years aproach and circle the moon. Given the escape velocity achieved and being in space you can travel at constant speed without use of fuel. It can be done (as it was shown in the movie Armagedon).

How do you like the fact that the Chinese and the Indians will go to the moon in a few years while we don&#39;t really want to go. It doesn&#39;t make sense does it? If the U.S. doesn&#39;t have the money to go and China does then we are finished my friend.
    Pity, we have money for war and not for space exploration or education.

signing off

Nick

Originally posted by zoisnick@Aug 24 2005, 09:27 AM
    The Clementine mosaic has no detail. Why they don&#39;t show us the 1500 photographs that it was produced from and which will definetelly have plenty of resolution?
    You can access any of the Clementine imagery here:

http://www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/clementine/clib/
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

this is way too good ,man.the mice seem fat and well fed.where&#39;re their warehouses? :P i&#39;m sure they must be wellstocked. the mice seem hospitable though.are we humans allied with them?they may prove powerful allies in future wars between us and &#39;aliens&#39; from other planets(those which try to conquer earth and all;this has been predicted in movies like independence day,etc.)i&#39;m sure that the powerful mice dynasty from the moon shall come to the timely aid of humans(though i did&#39;nt see no soldiers in the photos,i&#39;m sure they have many).so who&#39;s the first to ally with them?

-Radioactive

Originally posted by zoisnick@Aug 23 2005, 10:13 AM

This is one of my favourite comments often made by conspiracy looni... I mean enthusiasts.

How the heck can you think they&#39;re hiding something by releasing the photos of it?

Duhhh.....

Originally posted by TheThorn@Aug 25 2005, 12:54 AM
    [
    How the heck can you think they&#39;re hiding something by releasing the photos of it?

What I mean is why don&#39;t they admit it (that it is water etc.) ?
    They admitted that they have found ice.

If you want, try to think of some logical answers for the other questions too.

Originally posted by Radioactive@Aug 24 2005, 04:18 PM
    this is way too good ,man.the mice seem fat and well fed.where&#39;re their warehouses? :P i&#39;m sure they must be wellstocked. the mice seem hospitable though.are we humans allied with them?they may prove powerful allies in future wars between us and &#39;aliens&#39; from other planets(those which try to conquer earth and all;this has been predicted in movies like independence day,etc.)i&#39;m sure that the powerful mice dynasty from the moon shall come to the timely aid of humans(though i did&#39;nt see no soldiers in the photos,i&#39;m sure they have many).so who&#39;s the first to ally with them?

-Radioactive
    It is not good to underestimate people.

Just think that the Chinese with the aid of Russia might make it to the moon and then they can claim that we never went up there.

When we are challenged to an honorable contest we must respond positivelly.
    What would J.F.K. have done?

BlackStar Guest
    Sure they went to the Moon. In fact, they&#39;ve been going over & over again, even after the "Apollo" era. Mars too&#33;

omg&#33; lol

Originally posted by zoisnick+Aug 25 2005, 06:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zoisnick &#064; Aug 25 2005, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-TheThorn@Aug 25 2005, 12:54 AM
    [
    What I mean is why don&#39;t they admit it (that it is water etc.) ?
    They admitted that they have found ice.
    If you want, try to think of some logical answers for the other questions too.[/b][/quote]
    QUOTE (zoisnick @ Aug 23 2005, 10:13 AM)
    The image of &#39;life on Mars&#39; ... Eric Vaxxine asked about a similar image in &#39;Proof of Life?&#39; ... an image that looked at first glance like they might be bushes or trees in a desert ... but on closer inspection of the particular image and related images at the linked website ... and a little bit of research through my (now packed up) reference library... my impression was of volcanic outcrops weathered by ice and wind ... and I&#39;d point out that shadows and the lack of a sense of scale probably contribute to the illusion ... does anybody remember "the face on Mars"? :P

But, what I really want to know is ... what happened to the &#39;Flat Earth Society&#39; - they should be having a ball with "... &#39;faked&#39; satellite images" and throwing their full support behind "...&#39;faked&#39; moon landings" and everything else that NASA, ESA and the Russians, Japanese, Chinese, etc have been doing... :blink: