The scuff worked as follows:
1. Spirit moved into position with a turn in place.
2. Rotated only the front left wheel -- reverse 1 radian.
3. Rotated only the front left wheel -- forward 2 radians.
4. Rover used onboard visual odometry.
5. Repeated steps 2 through 4, two more times.
6. Turned in place back to the starting position in order to present the "scuff" to the robotic-arm workspace.
Sol 536: The scuff today worked nicely, except that it did not seem to remove a whole lot of material from the place Spirit scuffed. Overall, the rover only scuffed 9 radians on the rock surface, which is less than 1.5 wheel revolutions.