Thread: HUb' s Language...

HUb' s Language...

Ever since I first found the site (2003) until now, I cannot understand the language many prefer to call "Hub'bist" which I prefer to call "Gibberish". How many people here understand HUb'bish and why does he talk like that?

Itīs a long story. I like his posts.

Its foundations seem to range from HTML to BASIC.

I still think Hub' is a machine. (Just kidding Hub')

I think HUb' is a HTML master with a very warped mind due to seeing something so unbeliveable that it could destroy the space time continuim if it happened again... Maybe he... Saw...

JOHN KERRY IN PERSON!

Well he did see a nuclear explosion. :-P

I can understand him.

He.. did? Proof? =D>

Quote Originally Posted by Archer17
    I still think Hub' is a machine. (Just kidding Hub')

Nah hub is actually a building at the University of Florida.

I can understand HUb's post quite easilly.

The trick is to just plough though them.

I have Hub's msn and he is even easyer to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver
    Maybe he... Saw...

JOHN KERRY IN PERSON!
    Oh, I am NOT going there, and you shouldn't have, either.

And here I thought e.e.cummings was dead.

I think Hub is really U.B.L. and his gibberish is really astronomy based code of navigational commands for his terrorist organiation.

I'm a new user, making my first and probably last post, and I'd like to apologize for topping such an old thread... but if you REALLY want to know about HUb', i can tell you.

I started calling local BBSes in Portland, OR about 12 years ago. This hobby lasted about as long as BBSes did. At some point during this time, a user named "nop" started posting on many of the boards I used to call. We were confused by him at first, but then got into the swing of things. He was none other than the HUb' who is so near and dear to your hearts. At this time, he (according to him) lived in the labrynthine basement of Portland State University. I do not know if this was true or not, but he was often spotted in that general area. My high school was nearby, and I would see him walking around regularly. He is a very kind, intelligent, soft-spoken man (without too much to say to strangers) who (at least a few years ago) sported a long grey beard and a straw cowboy hat.

HUb' rocks, you are lucky to count him as a member of your community.

(although it was sort of strange when he found his way to the web BBS that me and lots of the other oldschool PDX BBS folks frequent and I realized he still had my birthday on file. sometimes he posts links to threads on here, that's why I know you guys exist.)

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man
    I'm a new user, making my first and probably last post, and I'd like to apologize for topping such an old thread... but if you REALLY want to know about HUb', i can tell you.

I started calling local BBSes in Portland, OR about 12 years ago. This hobby lasted about as long as BBSes did. At some point during this time, a user named "nop" started posting on many of the boards I used to call. We were confused by him at first, but then got into the swing of things. He was none other than the HUb' who is so near and dear to your hearts. At this time, he (according to him) lived in the labrynthine basement of Portland State University. I do not know if this was true or not, but he was often spotted in that general area. My high school was nearby, and I would see him walking around regularly. He is a very kind, intelligent, soft-spoken man (without too much to say to strangers) who (at least a few years ago) sported a long grey beard and a straw cowboy hat.

HUb' rocks, you are lucky to count him as a member of your community.

(although it was sort of strange when he found his way to the web BBS that me and lots of the other oldschool PDX BBS folks frequent and I realized he still had my birthday on file. sometimes he posts links to threads on here, that's why I know you guys exist.)

Zach
    wow

I started calling local BBSes in Portland, OR about 12 years ago. This hobby lasted about as long as BBSes did. At some point during this time, HUb' rocks, you are lucky to count him as a member of your community.

Snip...

sometimes he posts links to threads on here, that's why I know you guys exist.)

Zach
    Thanks Zack, nice info. Bit by bit, we get more of the HUb' story. And, thanks for the memory about the BBS'.

I'm not suprized by Z-man's description of HUb'. Although HUb' may not always be easy to understand, the kind, intelligent part of his personality is obvious to those of us here at BABB.

Hey, Z-man why not stick around here for awhile? You might find it interesting!

And welcome to BABB Z-man.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Thanks for the information.
    I lurked here for a long time (still mostly lurk), I first posted when I could understand Hub'-ish. I figured that was the test.

I'd never heard of HUB, or HUB'bish until I saw this thread. I've looked at a few examples of this......err......language.

Sorry, I can't get excited or even vaguely interested in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lianachan
    Sorry, I can't get excited or even vaguely interested in it!
    At least you posted! that's more than 90% of us.

Quote Originally Posted by N C More
    I'm not suprized by Z-man's description of HUb'. Although HUb' may not always be easy to understand, the kind, intelligent part of his personality is obvious to those of us here at BABB.

Hey, Z-man why not stick around here for awhile? You might find it interesting!
    i'm sure i would, but i waste enough time on the internet as it is... just thought i'd do my public service for the day, i'm out....

zach

At this time, he (according to him) lived in the labrynthine basement of Portland State University. I do not know if this was true or not, but he was often spotted in that general area.
    I suspect that my geek is showing, but . . . did anyone else read this bit and think, "Oh, now I get it! He's Lazlo!" (Lazlo Hollifeld, IIRC? It's been a while.)

Izunya

Quote Originally Posted by Izunya
    At this time, he (according to him) lived in the labrynthine basement of Portland State University. I do not know if this was true or not, but he was often spotted in that general area.
    I suspect that my geek is showing, but . . . did anyone else read this bit and think, "Oh, now I get it! He's Lazlo!" (Lazlo Hollifeld, IIRC? It's been a while.)

Izunya
    eh? now i'm confused

Jorge: it's a reference to a movie called Real Genius. A funny and fun movie, IMO. Although it has its moments of Bad Science, I find it refreshing to see a movie where the scientists are unequivocally the good guys, even the slightly mad (or slightly maddening) ones. Including . . . (minor spoiler about Lazlo):

Including the rather autistic-seeming supergenius who lives in the tunnels beneath the university. Although I think there's something mildly creepy about him having a door to the outside world in the main character's closet, he turns out to be a very good man. He's also the computer programmer, which assumes a great deal of importance during the climax of the movie.

Anyhow, don't watch the movie if you don't like Val Kilmer, or the eighties, or random silliness, or popcorn. But otherwise, it's fun.

Izunya