Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You've suddenly been given the power of 'Q'

You've suddenly been given the power of 'Q'

What would you do?

Me (not an orginal idea, but I liked the ep. where this was done)-I'd restore the Earth's biosphere....

I'd make multiple planets sustainable for life.

I'd take those stupid moon hoax idiots with me to the moon and show them the footprints! (I'd probably leave them there too.) #-o

Re: You've suddenly been given the power of 'Q'

Quote Originally Posted by banquo's_bumble_puppy
    What would you do?
    Halo 2 and GTA: San Andreas, both for PC, finished, debugged, and in my hands.

Kidding, kidding.

Actually, I'd go exploring, and I'd bring a companion. (Any volunteers?) First stop to whet my appetite: see if I can find Al Bean's silver astronaut pin, Al Shepard's golf balls, and Gene Cernan's daughter's initials in the lunar dust. Take photos.
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

Stick my head in a black hole to see what's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    First stop to whet my appetite: see if I can find Al Bean's silver astronaut pin, Al Shepard's golf balls, and Gene Cernan's daughter's initials in the lunar dust. Take photos.
    I'd check "Snoopy", Pioneer 10 and 11, the Voyagers and the Vikings.

If I would be given those powers, I would take them away from myself and just be....me!

When you can do anything you want, with no effort at all, where is the fun, the challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by banquo's_bumble_puppy
    What would you do?

Me (not an orginal idea, but I liked the ep. where this was done)-I'd restore the Earth's biosphere....
    The very *first* thing I think I'd do is run wildly, laughing manically, and screaming, 'BWAHAHAHAaaaa, I'll show them! Laugh it me, will they?! I'll show them *all*!'.

Once I'd had a chance to calm down I'd changes things so that people were inherently rational, reasonably skeptical, and unafraid the challenge the status-quo. (I don't think a rational approach to life precludes creativity and imagination, so I *don't* think I would have killed culture and art in the process!)

I reckon most things would follow nicely from that

Oh, and then I'd make my very own full-sized copy of B5 and stick it in geocentric orbit - a kind of no-holds-barred geek haven.

Snap my fingers and create a viable warp drive and give it to humanity.

I would create a vast universe with trillions of stars and a huge variety of strange and marvelous things. I would challenge the human race by vexing it with diseases and disasters, so that they would rise to those challenges and grow better and stronger. I would reward them for these efforts with hope, love, beauty, music and the wonders of this vast universe.

Wait, Swift, that sounds like the current universe and the condition of the human race. :-k

Maybe you don't want to see what else I can do. :wink:
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan
    If I would be given those powers, I would take them away from myself and just be....me!

When you can do anything you want, with no effort at all, where is the fun, the challenge?

There would be peace and prosperity.....Also a whole lot less people, but that is why there would be peace and prosperity. The inhabitants of this rock tend to be a bit surly, and unruly.

My moto would be:
    Conform or be crushed like the insect you are.

David.

We all know what i would do...

Damn rebellion, your time is about to end! Prepare for WMD of G'topia! Laugh at my dreams of a 1 mile wide creame pie dropped on your base will you! Well whos laughing now huh? Huh?

Well yah he is, but thats not my point.

ok who's laughing maniacly! Who?

mmmuuahahahahaha!

^
    See me!

I have the power of Q. Kanasa...and soon the world will be mone.

Then its onto those damn people on pluto and their seductive Curry dishes.

I'd use my godlike powers to terminate my own existance, before I did anything stupid.

I dunno what I'd do with that kinda power, I prolly shouldn't even have that kinda power. As they say; Absolute power corrupts absolutly.
    But if I did have that kinda power, I'd prolly clean up this grungy planet of ours then move to a planet I created for myself according to my specifications, and I'd live out the rest of my life doing what I wanted.

Don't look for any more media coverage of the Michael Jackson trial.

I would abolish fear and hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F.
    I would abolish fear and hatred.
    Awww but then where will i get my fun of punsihing the minions of the evil Clown dominion and getting them to tell me the secret entrance to their headquarters?

Damn those red nosed freaks. They rule Hullywood and the media. Their constant bad press and fake world news has hampered me untold times. Beware, whe n i get the powers of Q expect your seltszer supply to dwindle to nuthing very fast. then what will you keep my ninions back with? huh?

mmmuuahahahahahaha!

[mmm...love it when im bored when im supposed to be doing work! :-P]

kleindoofy wrote:
    I'd take those stupid moon hoax idiots with me to the moon and show them the footprints! (I'd probably leave them there too.)
    Might as well take them to Mars since it's supposed to have blue skies and active civilizations...

I'd take that guy who runs the Creation Science Museum back to the age of the Neanderthals, and introduce him to his grand pappy.

Anything and everything, and then get bored.

Build one of every kind of spacecraft I had ever seen.

Make a dyson sphere. Put Galaxies closer for better night viewing.

Terraform Mars/Venus--and put a counter Earth opposite our planet.

I could guess half of that post by the name only =D>
    If I had unlimited powers, I'd make sure I understood FEM methods by friday...

I've always wanted to make the constant be 6.28318531..., the ratio of a circle's circumference to its radius. Imagine how many hundreds of formulae could be simplified by eliminating the constant 2!
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

like "A = NewConstant*rē/2" instead of "A = PI*rē"?

8-[

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas
    like "A = NewConstant*rē/2" instead of "A = PI*rē"?

8-[
    Yes! A few formulae would have to add (well, divide by) a constant 2. But the vast majority that used to involve that old dumb constant pi would get simpler: all those that have 2*pi in them now.

And, don't you think that 1/2 in my new-improved area formula better shows that it derives from the integral of pi*r?
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

On a second thought, I'd suspend all SPAM-emails with one little snap of my fingers - forever. Then I'd transform all those who have been *sending* us the spam into bits and bytes of energy and send them on an endless, helpless journey throughout the web.

I would spent most of my time idly playing games with Jean-Luc's head. :roll:

Fix all constants, be they natural (e.g. pi) or man-made (e.g. stefan-boltzmann) as the nearest integer. Think of it! pi would be exactly 3! e would be exactly...well...em...exactly 3! 8-[

With my newfound omniscience (if it isn't included in the deal, I'll just grant it to myself) I'd realise there is no way for life to have originated on earth by natural processes. Go back, and start the whole thing. :P

Make sexual relationships considerably less complex.

I'd have some fun.

I might bring a red dwarf into the Solar System and have it hover above Nancy Lieder's abode for a few days, then make it disappear, and write in its previous location (using chemtrails), "Just Kidding!"

On the serious side, I'd make sure all the people I care about would have no problems with disease, money, etc.

Finally I'd probably settle down somewhere in northern Vermont, with a ski home in Colorado. If you're Q you get to pick your version of paradise, right?