Is anybody watching Odessy 5? 3 episodes so far. WARNING spoilers below.
The storyline is: The crew (5 of them) of the space shuttle Odessy witness the earth exploding into dust and are the sole survivors. They travel back in time 5 years to stop it from happening. I started watching it to see how a NASA space shuttle came equipped with a time machine but they had the obligatory mysterious alien show up just as they were about to die from their life support running out to rescue them and send them back to earth to occupy their bodies five years previously. Now it is just your typical (touted as the next X-Files in the ad prior to the show) sci-fi program with the "enemy" being individuals who are look just like humans, good for the makeup budget - don't even need the odd bump on the forehead.
Bad things so far,
1) The earth is destroyed by a satellite the Odessy was deploying at the time.
2) Problem on shuttle mission? Mission control degenerates into chaos and only the calm influence of the Odessy 5 commander running into the room can shut people up and solve their problems.
3) Attitude, everyone wants the old dinosaurs out of the way.
4) One of the crew members of the Odessy was the commander's 22 year old son. Was it bring your kid to work day? How many times has NASA used a 22 year old fresh from college to operate the robotic arm to deploy a satellite? Going back 5 years he is a pot smoking junior in high school with no interest in becoming an astronaut.
5) So far, the evil critters bent on destroying the earth appear to be escaped AI programs that live in the internet but create bodies indistiguishable from humans, showing yet again Hollywood writers have no clue as to what the internet is and how computers operate.
6) Does NASA and the military actually circle classified satellites with armed military personnel while they are under construction?