I've been inspired (oh, I need a synonym to inspired with negative connotations...) by http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthre...he-Weird-Stuff and http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthre...ou-not-reading to start a thread about authors we are not reading.
A couple of guidelines (I hope they'll be at least vaguely honored) are:
- "Real" authors only, i.e., ones who has been published and made significant sales.
- Fiction authors only, which, in my opinion, includes poets and playwrights.
- No "corporate" authors, like the Appleton who wrote the Tom Swift books.
- No writers known primarily for conspiracy theories, economic or political writings, or travel books. For example, no Erich von Daniken or Milton Friedman.
- No authors of business proposals, prospecti (prospectuses?), or similar advertising.
- Let's leave authors of erotica out of this.
- ...and philosophers.
- ...and cultists
I'll start with two: