Thread: It seems there is a bit of censorship going on here that has nothing to do with TOS

Hybrid View

It seems there is a bit of censorship going on here that has nothing to do with TOS

Is a post that disqualifies a NASA claim automatically censored?
    I joined here to present disqualifications to NASA claims and to falsify them using pure empirical science. I take it this is not allowed. I spent 20 minutes writing a piece disqualifying 'gravitational slingshotting' and it simply disappeared.

Totally Skeptical,

First, welcome to BAUT.

Second, I've moved this thread from Space Exploration to Feedback, as it has nothing to do with Space Exploration.

Third, as I also said in my PMed reply to you, this isn't censorship. As part of our anti-spam measures, posts from newbies are held in a "moderation queue" until they can be approved by a moderator. This will continue until your status changes from Newbie to Member.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

So what precisely was wrong with the thread?

Why was this one not censored? I relaize this thread was off topic, all i wanted was an answer. i think I got it. No one here can show the nuts and bolts of gravitational slingshotting because it is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Skeptical View Post
    Which thread, the one that you posted in Science and Technology? Nothing was "wrong" with it. It wasn't immediately posted because of the anti-spam measures I explained. When I approved it, I noted that you were advocating a non-mainstream idea, and all such threads get moved to our Against The Mainstream (ATM) forum. It is sitting there waiting for you.

Why was this one not censored? I relaize this thread was off topic, all i wanted was an answer. i think I got it. No one here can show the nuts and bolts of gravitational slingshotting because it is impossible.
    Just so it is clear, our rules for ATM require you to prove your idea, as the advocate, it is not up to anyone else to prove the mainstream. However, if you ask nicely, someone may show you the math.

... Why was this one not censored? ...
    The automatic anti-spam hold-queue filter works off certain keys - there's no human intervention. No one is on line permanently watching for anti-NASA comments or whatever. Your second post to this thread simply didn't trigger the hold.
    Last edited by pzkpfw; 2012-May-28 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Remove redundant content - played "snap" with Swift.
    Thank you, members of cosmoquest forum, you are a part of my life I value.

Can you show us, in appropriate mathematical detail, where you think those who calculated gravitational slingshot maneuvers fouled up?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Can you show us, in appropriate mathematical detail, where you think those who calculated gravitational slingshot maneuvers fouled up?
    Reasonable question Hornblower, but not in this thread. Please take it to his ATM thread.

P.S. And since Totally Skeptical is going to take a little rest, I'm going to close this thread.