Thread: The Colares Flap Incident

The Colares Flap Incident

Am I allowed to discuss this? My last thread was closed under suspicious circumstances... ?

This was one of the few UFO events which involved a specific harm on the peoples of Colares. It is a small Brazilian Island where UFO's... many of them appeared from no where. I don't have physical evidence, however, in the 1990's it became public knowledge that this event had occurred after a thorough investigation into the incident by officials.

The Colares Flap Incident involved one of the first incidents where UFO's have attacked. During the outbreak, the UFO's shot beams of light at the citizens which where believed to be some kind of extreme intense and focused radiation. Those who were hit by the beams suferred severe radiation burns. A doctor present on the island treated them for their burn marks. The Brazillian Government dispatched a team to investigate it, and it was classified until the 1990's.

The physical evidence seems to be on record, since wiki has an article on it.

So what where these? It is surely not our own types of aircraft... If it is, we have been making leaps in technological advancements - but then the question, is why would we open an attack on these poor people?
    Last edited by Aethelwulf; 2012-May-22 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    The physical evidence seems to be on record, since wiki has an article on it.
    Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colares_UFO_flap

Most of the links from the Wikipedia page are to pages/sites that no longer exist. There don't seem to be any primary sources available either, unfortunately.

That's unfortunate there are little links... conspiracy perhaps

But I am going through my own deals right now with this place, I don't know whether I should have even posted this. Scared that the mods will find any good old reasons to ban me.

I've been emotionally upset recently, so I think I am going to take a break for a while... not a long while, just one that involves not much criticism. I've perhaps had enough for now...

Scared that the mods will find any good old reasons to ban me.
    I doubt it.

I've been emotionally upset recently, so I think I am going to take a break for a while... not a long while, just one that involves not much criticism. I've perhaps had enough for now...
    You do seem to get very emotional when people don't agree with you or question your evidence. Perhaps you need to try and distance yourself from the evidence and be a bit more objective about it; i.e. criticizing the evidence is not a criticism of you.

You doubt it, but my last thread was closed for a good old' reason, saying I needed to back claims that wasn't even mine... so you might as well count this thread gone.

see, my argument in my last thread was that if someone comes in and makes an assertion which is... quite frankly weird, the OP should not have to find proof for it. Proof lies in the hands of arguements of those who hands it out. Why pass the buck to someone who never made the claim originally? That's wrong.

I don't have a problem with someone discussing or disagreeing with something I have said, I have had a good example recently in a thread where a number of problems arose because of my reasoning, and excepted it plain and simple... it is sometimes the way people approach to argue which can be disrespectful and naturally, I have a problem with that. Discuss, argue... by all means. Just don't be a **** about it. You know?

And if you want to know what I have been infracted for, and ironically enough, my thread closed at the same time, further receiving warnings, because I said I could not distinguish the color of mod writing. I have Tritonapia... but hey... who cares... if the guy says he is colorblind, just infract him for it :/

Anyway... this incident is a case where the UFO's have displayed physical harm. The thread I created before... unto which it was poorly closed, did have one case where one person could have been caused harm, mind you, it seems the more likely that this person in the previous thread experienced just accelerated heart beats, blood pressure, causing them to faint under the extreme conditions of their experience.

What we have here in this evidence, is clear evidence of UFO's going out their way to ''attack'' the citizens of Colares. why?

Something is awry, and this is what I want to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Most of the links from the Wikipedia page are to pages/sites that no longer exist. There don't seem to be any primary sources available either, unfortunately.
    Pratt makes much about the "Operação Prato" of which the incidents at Colares are one part. If you want to rely on him to provide correct translations of the leaked/disclosed reports (if not the conclusions drawn therefrom), then there's many an exhausting detail here:
    http://www.mufon.com/bob_pratt/oprato.html
    The dog, the dog, he's at it again!

You doubt it, but my last thread was closed for a good old' reason, saying I needed to back claims that wasn't even mine...
    This isn't the right place to discuss that but I thought you were being pressed to provide support for your claims - something you have not always been good at; for example (to try and relate it to the subject of this thread ) you mentioned Wikipedia but didn't provide a link.

What we have here in this evidence, is clear evidence of UFO's going out their way to ''attack'' the citizens of Colares. why?
    In the absence of primary sources (were there no newspaper contemporary reports?) I would have to say you couldn't rule out the possibility that the whole thing was made up (it has happened before). But if it happened, I don't know what to make of it....

Quote Originally Posted by tnjrp View Post
    Pratt makes much about the "Operação Prato" of which the incidents at Colares are one part. If you want to rely on him to provide correct translations of the leaked/disclosed reports (if not the conclusions drawn therefrom), then there's many an exhausting detail here:
    Thank you. This case is probably just as interesting as my previous one.

i just hope the mods don't get as ''closure-happy'' as they did in my previous thread.

This isn't the right place to discuss that but I thought you were being pressed to provide support for your claims - something you have not always been good at; for example (to try and relate it to the subject of this thread ) you mentioned Wikipedia but didn't provide a link.

In the absence of primary sources (were there no newspaper contemporary reports?) I would have to say you couldn't rule out the possibility that the whole thing was made up (it has happened before). But if it happened, I don't know what to make of it....
    I have always replied to people in one way or another... that surely cannot be disputed... anyway...

I can honestly say I am not surprised Colares hasn't had a lot of detail over its incident. The main reason why is because it is not in the public eye... do they even have a news region?

If it has a news report, you can be sure it is not widespread.

All we know, is that the government did investigate the incident, which wasn't released until 1990, which added to the reality of the event.

And no, I wan't asked to back up my own statements, I was being asked to back up someone else's, which was wrong, and unto which my last thread was closed unduly.

Quote Originally Posted by tnjrp View Post
    I haven't read all of that in detail yet ...

One thing that struck me was that, if you remove all the stuff about lights and UFOs, the physical injuries could be caused by insect/animal bites (or even plants); with the "burns" due to inflammation or the effect of toxins. [Note to Aethelwulf: I am not saying this is what happened].

That's unfortunate there are little links... conspiracy perhaps

But I am going through my own deals right now with this place, I don't know whether I should have even posted this. Scared that the mods will find any good old reasons to ban me.

All we know, is that the government did investigate the incident, which wasn't released until 1990, which added to the reality of the event.

And no, I wan't asked to back up my own statements, I was being asked to back up someone else's, which was wrong, and unto which my last thread was closed unduly.
    So there is no doubt, I AM NOW POSTING AS A MODERATOR. Clear?

Aethelwulf, for someone who in the first post I quoted says they are taking a break, you sure post a lot of stuff. Since you seem to not be taking a break but are actively participating in this thread, let me make some things clear.

It does not matter whether the posts you are making about UFOs are "your own stuff" or you are quoting someone else from a UFO website. YOU are one who started this thread, who think there is something to this incident, whether it involves aliens or a conspiracy or whatever. Therefore, according to our rules, YOU have to defend it here on BAUT. That means YOU have to present evidence and answer all reasonable questions put to you.

You will also IMMMEDIATELY stop complaining about moderator actions in this thread, whether they happened in this thread or another. THE ONLY WAY to discuss moderator actions is to Report a post (which you also did), PM one or serveral moderators or Administrators, or start a thread in Feedback.

After 567 posts, I would think you would have figured this place out. If you haven't, frankly, that's your problem. If you do not start following our rules, you will be infracted, suspended, and eventually banned.

Now, if that is all too much for you, or not your cup of tea, then say so IN YOUR VERY NEXT POST, and this thread will be closed and that will be the end of it. But note, if you start another thread like this, you will be expected to follow our rules from the start of it.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I haven't read all of that in detail yet ...

One thing that struck me was that, if you remove all the stuff about lights and UFOs, the physical injuries could be caused by insect/animal bites (or even plants); with the "burns" due to inflammation or the effect of toxins. [Note to Aethelwulf: I am not saying this is what happened].
    Yes, a reasonable explanation, if it was not for the UFO's in the sky or even the beams of light coming from the sky.

Mind you, I would have thought that inflammation from chemically induced bites from insects wouldn't normally make the skin peal off, however, we know that this is what radiation does - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoli_Bugorski - instead, you would expect from an insect bite, massive infection which may swell the skin, so biologically, we may expect different effects friend.

No that is fine, sir

Lets try this thing in small steps:
    Yes, a reasonable explanation, if it was not for the UFO's in the sky or even the beams of light coming from the sky.
    This sounds suspiciously like circular reasoning:
    The lights in the sky where special, because someone got what could easily be a reaction to natural toxin, but it wasn't a reaction to natural toxin because the lights in the sky were special.

No, you can't use the special lights to dismiss a natural explanation to the reaction, by arguing that it wasn't natural because of the lights.

Mind you, I would have thought that inflammation from chemically induced bites from insects wouldn't normally make the skin peal off,
    What you may think about medicine isn't useful as evidence, you need to check first, and frankly it's quite easy to find plant toxins that has that effect.

Note that you first have to dismiss all natural causes for the reaction before it makes sense to examine the otherworldly explanations, insect (or other) bite was only one suggestion, but one immediately suggested by the presence of puncture marks in the center of marks.

however, we know that this is what radiation does - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoli_Bugorski
    You'll note that that incidence involved an absolutely massive dose of very tightly focused beam of protons and it caused other side effects that made the cause very clear.

- instead, you would expect from an insect bite, massive infection which may swell the skin, so biologically, we may expect different effects friend.
    Depends on the insect and whether there was an allergic reaction to the toxin.

Incidentally, I've always heard that in English when people end a sentence with "friend" they're very seldom friendly.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

It is a small Brazilian Island where UFO's... many of them appeared from no where. I don't have physical evidence, however, in the 1990's it became public knowledge that this event had occurred after a thorough investigation into the incident by officials.
    A whole island and no one took photos? No medical records? The Wiki article calls it an island - but it's not - it's just a city in north Brazil.

It is surely not our own types of aircraft... If it is, we have been making leaps in technological advancements
    Lets see evidence that

1) Anything happened at all
    2) That what happened was caused by something from the air
    3) That that something was no caused by human activity.

You can take all 3 at once or one at a time - bring the evidence to this thread, please.

Quote Originally Posted by djellison View Post
    A whole island and no one took photos? No medical records? The Wiki article calls it an island - but it's not - it's just a city in north Brazil.

Lets see evidence that

1) Anything happened at all
    2) That what happened was caused by something from the air
    3) That that something was no caused by human activity.

You can take all 3 at once or one at a time - bring the evidence to this thread, please.
    Believe it or not.. but I have studied many islands which don't even have computer games... never mind technology to take photo's... a lot of this has to do with underdevelopment.

The "photos" accompanying your link to the flap article show nothing other than badly overexposed poorly resolved 'lights'. For all we can tell, they could be film defects. If they are real photos, they appear to have all been taken by the same person at the same time with a very poor camera. It's a shame no one had a Brownie Hawkeye, they'd have done better.

Aethelwulf, don't be so gullible. Examine everything sceptically. Believe nothing that you hear, and only half of what you see. Reread the story of Chicken Little. The sky is not falling.
    I'm not a hardnosed mainstreamer; I just like the observations, theories, predictions, and results to match.

"Mainstream isn’t a faith system. It is a verified body of work that must be taken into account if you wish to add to that body of work, or if you want to change the conclusions of that body of work." - korjik

4) that what was apparently observed was actually physical objects
    5) that said objects were artificial
    6) that they were aircraft
    7) that they weren't human

7 isn't really relevant until you've proven 1-6.

"We don't know" is a statement that says "we don't know", it is not a statement that allows you to fill in the blanks with whatever fairytale you want. to believe in.

None of the information you've provided so far makes aliens a more likely explanation that a claim that it was collateral damage from a bunch of angels enthusiastically demolishing a bunch of demons.
    Which I incidentally don't posit as a reasonable explanation, only as one with as much substance.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    4) that what was apparently observed was actually physical objects
    5) that said objects were artificial
    6) that they were aircraft
    7) that they weren't human

7 isn't really relevant until you've proven 1-6.

"We don't know" is a statement that says "we don't know", it is not a statement that allows you to fill in the blanks with whatever fairytale you want. to believe in.

None of the information you've provided so far makes aliens a more likely explanation that a claim that it was collateral damage from a bunch of angels enthusiastically demolishing a bunch of demons.
    Which I incidentally don't posit as a reasonable explanation, only as one with as much substance.
    ??

We work on reports... you are working on the next Lord of the Rings... evidently...

I work on facts and extrapolate from there... what are you working on... any old reason to try and fit the bill.

My last thread was closed I think, because I was winning my case... coming out with unrealistic explanations like this is laughable, more so than the event itself.It was itself, released in official reports.

??

We work on reports... you are working on the next Lord of the Rings... evidently...

I work on facts and extrapolate from there... what are you working on... any old reason to try and fit the bill.

My last thread was closed I think, because I was winning my case... coming out with unrealistic explanations like this is laughable, more so than the event itself.It was itself, released in official reports.
    Stop with the rude comments like "you are working on the next Lord of the Rings... evidently... " and stop complaining about your other thread. This will earn you an infraction. This will be your last zero-pointer, next time you get a suspension.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

coming out with unrealistic explanations like this is laughable, more so than the event itself.It was itself, released in official reports.
    The trouble is that blaming "aliens" is pretty unrealistic as well.

And the official reports (if they exist) have not been released. All we have is poor quality copies of copies of some supposedly leaked pages. We don't even have contemporary interviews of anyone who was there. Just second and third hand accounts.

There isn't really anythig to say. Maybe something we can't explain (1) happened. Maybe it was all made up.

And, as others have noted, the fact we cannot explain it does not mean you can jump to the conclusion it was aliens. That is a non sequitur.

Quote Originally Posted by John Mendenhall View Post
    Believe nothing that you hear, and only half of what you see.
    I like that...it has a nice "ring" to it.

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    (snip)

Shucks, I find Henrik's explanation more believable.

Regards, John M.

One thing that struck me was that, if you remove all the stuff about lights and UFOs, the physical injuries could be caused by insect/animal bites (or even plants); with the "burns" due to inflammation or the effect of toxins
    At least in some cases it does look like some sort of mundane cause, added to the budding mass hysteria about UFOs zapping people, is a better explanation to injuries than beams (or whathavethey) from alien spacecraft. Something out of the quite ordinary does seem to have been going on in the region - I'm assuming the entire story is not a very overblown rural/urban legend - at that time but it's unclear how much of the actual physical effects can reliably be subsrcibed to direct effects from whatever it was.
    The dog, the dog, he's at it again!