Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: i have Tritanopia

Being new at this site, WHY SHOULD I KNOW BETTER.. SHOULD I BE LOOKING OUT FOR THE COLOR OR SOMETHING?

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    This is evidence to me that you are not taking comments seriously.

Cry me a river.. for

... what mod is even taking me seriously right now?

You asked: so how did my thread deserve to get closed...

The Answer: some video that just shows people making claims is not support or evidence.
    If that is all you are going to provide then the thread is closed.

So, if you have more to provide, PM a Mod or Admin, show them what you got, and then they can decide to reopen your thread or not.

-- Dennis
    Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. - Niels Bohr

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Hint: this is at heart a scientific forum, and underneath the fooling around there are some diamond-hard minds hanging about, ready to tear you to shreads. -- Mike Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by BetaDust View Post
    You asked: so how did my thread deserve to get closed...

The Answer: some video that just shows people making claims is not support or evidence.
    If that is all you are going to provide then the thread is closed.

So, if you have more to provide, PM a Mod or Admin, show them what you got, and then they can decide to reopen your thread or not.

-- Dennis
    Show them what? In my thread, I showed more than video evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    Even if that was the source of this trouble.... wtf not ask first? I mean, why close a thread over it? Don't you want to know what they mean?
    Because the thread had gone awry. Whether valid or not, it's time for the mods to step back, take a deep breath and try to sort out the situation. In the meantime, why make the thread any worse?

When asked, I gave internet paper clippings.. no one asked for more... in general. Maybe asked for things which where improbable... but I GAVE more than that.

I can't give more than what I have investigated. Closing a thread when mutual understanding was occurring was wrong. I think half of them just didn't want it there in the first place!

Cry me a river.. for

... what mod is even taking me seriously right now?
    No reply to the points I brought up?

Show them what? In my thread, I showed more than video evidence?
    No. You did not. That's the whole point.
    And I did read the threat, completely. No shred of evidence. Nothing. Just old UFO stories and video's of people making cleams.

-- Dennis
    Last edited by BetaDust; 2012-May-22 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Typo's.
    Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. - Niels Bohr

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Hint: this is at heart a scientific forum, and underneath the fooling around there are some diamond-hard minds hanging about, ready to tear you to shreads. -- Mike Alexander

I closed the thread because you were not presenting any evidence. All you are doing is rtepeating your assertions and not offering any support. Making claims that some unknown person was kidnapped by tha Army and some unknown investigator was given a key by some other unknown person to find some unknown video is not evidence.

No one else is obliged to do your work for you. You have the burden of proof to support your assertions. If you repeat someone elses claim here then it becomes your claim and you must defend it with more than 'someone says that someone saw something'

If you can provide some support for your claims in that thread then report my last post in the thread and include your evidence and it may be re-opened.

Before you do that READ THE RULES FOR POSTING and the advice for Conspiracy Posters linked at the bottom of this post.
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    No reply to the points I brought up?
    This is about why my thread was closed. I was more than on the ball... I spent about six hours today, sitting next to the computer and now more, typing up loads...

.... so what can you possibly say? in one day i create a thread and it is closed... where is the justice?

you tell me that first!

Quote Originally Posted by captain swoop View Post
    I closed the thread because you were not presenting any evidence.
    What a load of Language !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by pzkpfw; 2012-May-22 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Language

Now testimony from individuals is not considered evidence... Nor is the fact I linked to other investigations...

What a disingenuous mod!

This is about why my thread was closed. I was more than on the ball... I spent about six hours today, sitting next to the computer and now more, typing up loads...
    .... so what can you possibly say? in one day i create a thread and it is closed... where is the justice?
    you tell me that first!
    My comments have a direct relevence to the discussion of why the thread was closed.
    It directly addresses why your plea to have it opened is falling on what you think are deaf ears. It shows you are not listening to the explainations given and what it will take to re-open it.

As far as the time... What does the amount of time a thread is open have to do with justice? It's about the content, not the time.

What a load of Language !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bad language, even masked is a rule violation (Rule 3). Normally, that probably would just get a Friendly Reminder, but you have used up all your Friendly Reminders, in about the last 5 hours. You get infracted and banned. And this thread is done.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????????????????

Look at what you qouted.
    I provided a quote from one of your posts where you quoted antoniseb. Did you even notice the COLOR attribution?

Being new at this site, WHY SHOULD I KNOW BETTER.. SHOULD I BE LOOKING OUT FOR THE COLOR OR SOMETHING?
    Yes, you should.

You should have read the Rules and FAQs before just diving in. You would then realize that BAUT has Moderators (not as bad as cooties, but close). And you would have realized that those Moderators have Powers and are not to be trifled with. So, you might want to know who they are (we're listed). And you might want to know how to spot us (Hint: It says "Moderator" under the name.). You might even want to know when we are acting as Moderators (most of us have a clue in our signatures; you can assume all of us follow that guideline.).

But, since you're color blind, you will have a problem with colorized text. So, you can PM a Mod and ask if there's a work-around. (I gave you a work-around above.) Or you can Report a post - even a warning from a Mod - and explain your situation.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Let me rehash it all for you. I have been infracted for being colorblind, which hasn't been lifted.
    Just to point out:

Yesterday (my time) he was given a zero point warning for once again responding to / arguing a moderator post. This was after relatively many warnings for similar behaviour. Suddenly we are told that he has a particular kind of colour blindness. I gave him a PM reply giving ways (such as that noted by Jim in post #87 of this thread with the [color] tag, and Swift with context in post #23) a moderator post can be recognised.

Not long after he was given a one point infraction for rudeness. This was in response to a report from a "regular" member, and was for exactly what it said: "rudeness" - so had nothing to do with his alleged colour blindness.

At the same time, my thread was closed on an attempt to pass the buck concerning my own thread since it was someone elses assertions I was baited to prove, and now with honest attempts to reopen it, it's all just shoved back in my face.
    I think his record speaks for itself; just go read his threads.

Lovely moderation we have here.
    We won't please everybody, all of the time.

People who don't pay attention to the rules, and what they are being told, will be the people least pleased.

P.S. The mods have been discussing and researching, and given the claimed type of colour blindness we are in agreement that the member should have been able to detect the difference in text between "normal" posts and "moderator posts". Add that to all the other clues (including repeated warnings for arguing moderator posts) we just don't buy this as an excuse for repeated infractionable behaviour. Besides, that wasn't even the reason/cause of all the infractions, e.g. rudeness etc.
    Last edited by pzkpfw; 2012-May-22 at 10:42 PM. Reason: P.S.
    I don't see any Ice Giants.

Perhaps useful to see his infraction history, in case anyone wants to know a little more about how the infraction system works:

Code:
    Date    Type                           Points
     1 May  Friendly reminder              0
     1 May  First offense                  1
     2 May  First offense                  1
     3 May  First offense                  1

3 points = suspended

7 May  Friendly reminder              0
     8 May  Friendly reminder              0
    11 May  First offense                  1
    12 May  Second offense                 2

5 points = suspended again (points expire over time, but these 3 were "too soon".)

22 May  Friendly reminder              0
    22 May  First offense                  1
    23 May  Friendly reminder              0
    23 May  Second offense - medium issue  7

Too many points = banned
    This list of course doesn't cover in-thread warnings.

Of note are the number of times he was given 0 point friendly reminders, and 1 point first offence infractions for doing things a 2nd or 3rd or 4th time.

We really don't want to come down too heavy.
    I don't see any Ice Giants.