Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i have Tritanopia

If I didn't know better, the behaviour of the mods is similar to some... adolescent pre-teen configuration of bodies, set out to over rule a site because they have nothing better to do than the position they where awarded here... worse is... that even when a decision is morally wrong, they all back each other anyway... I am surprised this site even gets as much attention as it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    If I didn't know better, the behaviour of the mods is similar to some... adolescent pre-teen configuration of bodies, set out to over rule a site because they have nothing better to do than the position they where awarded here... worse is... that even when a decision is morally wrong, they all back each other anyway... I am surprised this site even gets as much attention as it does.
    Careful, there seems to be a hint of ad hom attack in that last statement.
    Forming opinions as we speak

:/

Why can't I have my thread reopened,... I have never implored a thread so badly... is that what this has to do with... The fact I want this so bad.?

If not... why have you not listened to my plea's? You have closed my thread unrightfully.

Lovely moderation we have here.
    Frankly, I'm impressed by the restraint being shown so far.

:/ Why can't I have my thread reopened,... I have never implored a thread so badly... is that what this has to do with... The fact I want this so bad.?
    Well for one thing, it is a long thread, and the process of making such a decision means that someone who hasn't seen it has to come in and review the whole thing... which takes time, and the people who would normally do that are busy, and this is volunteer labor... and you, in your impatience, have managed to say insulting things to all of us. In your own life, does that kind of behavior make you want to do something for someone faster? Not for me. At best I ignore the insult and do it at the pace I'd have done it without the provocation.

But the fact is, you have made a request for it to be reviewed, and it will happen, but what you're doing isn't making it happen faster, and it isn't making the outcome of whether it get reopened or not, or some other remedial action any different. It is mostly just reducing anyone's level of sympathy for your position.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Chimp View Post
    Frankly, I'm impressed by the restraint being shown so far.
    #
    Really... I just want my thread reopened. It was close on wrong grounds...

I have been infracted for being colorblind
    Just as a point of interest, this probably counts as libel.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniseb View Post
    [COLOR="#800000"]Well for one thing, it is a long thread, and the process of making such a decision means that someone who hasn't seen it has to come in and review the whole thing...
    In all the time you have all done this to me, not once did it occur to actually check the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Beardsley View Post
    Just as a point of interest, this probably counts as libel.
    Libel?

Yes, I do know it is. I have been warned for countless threads for replying to mods who have had ''purple moderation writing'' ..... Like I am supposed to know.

Not just warned, but also infracted for replying to them, also... now I am afraid to reply to any mod in case of being banned.

But you know, even me mentioning it... not a good soul in sight from the mods to say.. .''ok ... we will take some of it back because of it.''

Either they are all stuck in their ways, and they never go back on decision, or they simply don't care. Either way, in my eyes, both is just as bad.

Aethelwulf,

I'm going te repeat myself. Please, Calm down a bit ok.

If not... why have you not listened to my plea's? You have closed my thread unrightfully.
    No, they did not. And this thread is proof that the mod's are listening to your plea's.

If I didn't know better, the behaviour of the mods is similar to some... adolescent pre-teen configuration of bodies, set out to over rule a site because they have nothing better to do than the position they where awarded here...
    My personal No. 1 rule on all internet fora is: Be nice. The above quote, is not. Do you think making those statments makes the mod's agree to your plea's better?

Just walk away from the keyboard for a bit, blow of some steam. It can do a world of good.

Regards.

-- Dennis
    Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. - Niels Bohr

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Hint: this is at heart a scientific forum, and underneath the fooling around there are some diamond-hard minds hanging about, ready to tear you to shreads. -- Mike Alexander

In all the time you have all done this to me, not once did it occur to actually check the thread?
    No, I don't even know what thread it is. I am trying to deal with some production issues in my day job, while my boss is demanding end-of-fiscal year expense reports by EOD. I care about this forum, and try to respond to personal requests, but I won't start something like that if I only have time to do a bad job of it. I expect that I'll get a chance to look at it personally on Thursday evening. Until then, I have asked the mods to look at it... but it's not like we're all locked in a small room together. We all have day jobs, and they'll see it when they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaDust View Post

No, they did not.
    Errr..

Yes they did... My thread closed under very strange grounds, none of which has been demonstrated. My thread allegedly was closed because I was not supporting my arguements... but I was, i even went out my way to reply to people... so how did my thread deserve to get closed...

... explain with qoutes please!

No, I don't even know what thread it is. I am trying to deal with some production issues in my day job, while my boss is demanding end-of-fiscal year expense reports by EOD. I care about this forum, and try to respond to personal requests, but I won't start something like that if I only have time to do a bad job of it. I expect that I'll get a chance to look at it personally on Thursday evening. Until then, I have asked the mods to look at it... but it's not like we're all locked in a small room together. We all have day jobs, and they'll see it when they see it.
    you don't know what thread it is... so all this time I have been banging my head against a wall?

Here... read this

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....ssible-Origins

All I did was cooperate! Even to the last line ...

... the reason why I said another mod closed it was the reasons I would not answer someone elses assertions... if it was indeed not his, who the **** was it exactly? Cause it wasn't me! I replied to everyone as best I could!

Here... read this

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....ssible-Origins

All I did was cooperate! Even to the last line ...

... the reason why I said another mod closed it was the reasons I would not answer someone elses assertions... if it was indeed not his, who the **** was it exactly? Cause it wasn't me! I replied to everyone as best I could!
    Man, you really need to relax a bit. Antoniseb has taken time from his work to explain why it might take some time for them to review/discuss this. Now just chill and let things take their course.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Man, you really need to relax a bit. Antoniseb has taken time from his work to explain why it might take some time for them to review/discuss this. Now just chill and let things take their course.

Aye,,, chill... easy to say if you haven't had to repeat yourself over seven times!

Let me rehash it all for you.
    Let me rehash some of the activities intertwined in that...

I have been infracted for being colorblind...
    No; you were infracted for arguing moderation in a thread. If it was unknown to you that it was moderation, then the same argument can be said that it was unknown to the moderator that you were colorblind. That was an unfortunate misunderstanding.

The mod comment in question seems to be:
    Shotgunning a huge list like the one above is no good, you have just made a vague list of 'incidents' and tacked on some speculation.
    You know our rules for posting, if you don't then refresh your memory from the links at the bottom of this post and read the advice for posters link.
    I want your next post to be a detailed look at your best example with some support and evidence. Just naming an incident with a link and saying 'look at the evidence' is no good. PRESENT the evidence in more detail than 'One of the hoax theorists also said'
    A moderator, whether in mod color or not is talking about the rules of posting and advises you about how those apply, then how can it possibly not be interpreted as a warning of some kind.

The closing of the thread specifically stated:
    If that is all you are going to provide then the thread is closed.
    If anyone can think of a good reason to re open it or the OP thinks has some evidence to support his claims then report this post.
    I can't for the life of me understand how this can not be a moderator comment based on it's context. Have you PM'd the modes with some evidence for your claims? Have you explained what claims are yours or where your arguments are coming from? Is it even possible to understand what you're claiming with this flood of statements?

At the same time, my thread was closed on an attempt to pass the buck concerning my own thread since it was someone elses assertions I was baited to prove, and now with honest attempts to reopen it, it's all just shoved back in my face.
    Again; I see no claim. As far as baiting, it didn't take much if it were a bait. You seem to have picked up the ball and rolled with it. You have flooded the conversation so much with that it's difficult to see what your assertion is.
    In the meantime I see a thread complaining about a reason that is untrue. I also see you ignoring comments trying to explain what the situation is. Instead, you seem to be responding only to those comments where you can twist a reply into making yourself seem to be a victim.

Lovely moderation we have here.
    I wholeheartedly agree. (yes; I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm not)

Yet; you did not read and understand what was said. IT TAKES TIME, THEY ARE CONSIDERING A REVIEW. IT WAS SAID IN THAT POST. Yet you ignored all of those statments and responded to a partial sentence out of context.

#
    Really... I just want my thread reopened. It was close on wrong grounds...
    That is your opinion. Until the mods have reviewed the thread, it is only an opinion. You could be right, but it's up to the review to determine that.

you don't know what thread it is... so all this time I have been banging my head against a wall?
    Yes; you are banging your head against the wall, but you are doing it prematurely. The statement was made by a single moderator who is trying to be understanding and review the thread when he gets the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post

Yes; you are banging your head against the wall, but you are doing it prematurely. The statement was made by a single moderator who is trying to be understanding and review the thread when he gets the time to do it.
    Yes totally understanding. From reviewing my thread, realizing someone else made the wacky observations, to even understanding it's not supposed to be me backing any one elses claims... yes... fantastically understanding.

Errr..

Yes they did... My thread closed under very strange grounds, none of which has been demonstrated. My thread allegedly was closed because I was not supporting my arguements... but I was, i even went out my way to reply to people... so how did my thread deserve to get closed...

... explain with qoutes please!
    Ok. from this post.

Bold mine:

This is the Conspiracy Forum you are right. There are certain rules for posting in the Forum. One of those is you provide support an at some video that just shows people making claims is not support or evidence.
    If that is all you are going to provide then the thread is closed.

If anyone can think of a good reason to re open it or the OP thinks has some evidence to support his claims then report this post.
    -- Dennis
    Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. - Niels Bohr

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Hint: this is at heart a scientific forum, and underneath the fooling around there are some diamond-hard minds hanging about, ready to tear you to shreads. -- Mike Alexander

hey... while the mods are at it, they might as well skip a few steps on the game board and send me down the snake to ''banned list''.... can they ignore anything else but this?

Quote Originally Posted by BetaDust View Post
    Ok. from this post.

Bold mine:

-- Dennis
    ?

I have no clue what is that to prove... my statement was in direct confrontation to wacky vids on youtube.

... I have been warned for countless threads for replying to mods who have had ''purple moderation writing'' ..... Like I am supposed to know.
    Well... yeah, you are. And being colorblind, you should know better.

If a Mod's signature says something about moderation comments being in some color, you should realize that you could be missing a warning. But, it's easy to check.

Hit "Reply With Quote" to find out if the text is in color or not.

Heck, you did it yourself here:

Originally Posted by antoniseb
    [COLOR="#800000"]Well for one thing, it is a long thread, and the process of making such a decision means that someone who hasn't seen it has to come in and review the whole thing...
    Note that COLOR bit? That indicates moderation, and you don't argue moderaton in-thread. (That's in the written Rules for Posting. We really don't make them up as we go along.)

BTW, I don't recall seeing any Reports by you explaining that you are color blind. And I read all of the Reports.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Even if that was the source of this trouble.... [language] not ask first? I mean, why close a thread over it? Don't you want to know what they mean?
    Last edited by Jim; 2012-May-22 at 04:50 PM. Reason: asterisks, initials, symbols - all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Well... yeah, you are. And being colorblind, you should know better.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????????????????

Look at what you qouted.

Yes totally understanding. From reviewing my thread, realizing someone else made the wacky observations, to even understanding it's not supposed to be me backing any one elses claims... yes... fantastically understanding.
    This is evidence to me that you are not taking comments seriously. It took only 2 minutes from the time I posted for you to respond.
    I see no way that someone can take a long post like that, comprehend it, and make a meaningful response in that short of a time.

Add to that, the fact that only one statement which refers to your frustration and not anything relative to the discussion at hand is further evidence that you are only reading what you want to read and don't want to have a meaningful discussion about the issue at hand.

Add to that, you're not understanding the snippet that you quoted and replying in a completely different way than the post was intended is further evidence. I was making a point that someone is trying and wants to understand and is not there yet. Yet you complain about that?