Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i have Tritanopia

i have Tritanopia

And I have been infracted after explaining I am colorblind... then followed by a bunch more.

Why am I being treated this way?

This comes down to being able to distinguish the color writing of a mod. Then my thread gets mysteriously closed, on an account of proving the assertions which wasn't my assertion?

I am seriously offended from the moderator saying that if I will be infracted for such behaviour if I say I am colorblind.

Seriously, why am I being treated this way? I have never been offended in such a way in my life, and since been here, received so many warnings in the space of a minute? Is this how you treat everyone who might have a disability?
    Has it not occurred to the mods why I kept responding to certain posts which I shouldn't have responded to?

This only came to my attention when I read Captain Swoops title at the bottom of his posts saying that mod writing appears as purple... ! But I said today that I was colorblind then suddenly I receive infractions for it?

Very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!

Will no one answer?

I am furious right now.

Hi Aethelwulf, Just a friendly advise, Calm down a bit.

If You have problems with moderation, Why not just PM the Mod in question or use the black triangle to report the post.

Regards

-- Dennis

I have Pm'd him. He's totally ignored me.

regards

They are busy people, and also are doing this for free, in there own free time. Give it some time.

Regards

-- Dennis
    Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. - Niels Bohr

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Hint: this is at heart a scientific forum, and underneath the fooling around there are some diamond-hard minds hanging about, ready to tear you to shreads. -- Mike Alexander

From what I see you wrote these first posts in the space of about half an hour. At a time when our American friends on this forum aren't even awake.

Patience, young padawan.

Quote Originally Posted by jokergirl View Post
    From what I see you wrote these first posts in the space of about half an hour. At a time when our American friends on this forum aren't even awake.

Patience, young padawan.

I am still annoyed. They just happen to go to sleep, and yet happen to issue one warning and two infractions.

And all for being colorblind.. no doubt.

Well at least one infraction was made for being colorblind, the rest very much seemed out of hatred. By the same two moderators I pleaded help for when I said I was colorblind...

So... go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaDust View Post
    They are busy people, and also are doing this for free, in there own free time. Give it some time.

Regards

-- Dennis
    Well hopefully another mod will help me here. At least 50% of all my infractions have been caused because I kept answering to ''moderator purple writing''

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    I am still annoyed. They just happen to go to sleep, and yet happen to issue one warning and two infractions.
    Even the Moderator's here at BAUT are Human (Really, they are ) and need to sleep sometimes. It is better to use the black triangle to report a post, because then all the Moderator's get a notice, not only the one you send a PM.

And those infarctions do go away over time, just don't collect to many and all will be fine.

-- Dennis
    Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. - Niels Bohr

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Hint: this is at heart a scientific forum, and underneath the fooling around there are some diamond-hard minds hanging about, ready to tear you to shreads. -- Mike Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by BetaDust View Post

Regards

-- Dennis
    Well hopefully another mod will help me here. At least 50% of all my infractions have been caused because I kept answering to ''moderator purple writing''

on another forum I go to, mods write "moderator post", or something like that. I think that would have avoided this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog march View Post
    on another forum I go to, mods write "moderator post", or something like that. I think that would have avoided this situation.
    Agreed... at least with me, I know that would help tremendously... as for any other incidents like this, I think it should be mandatory.

Or maybe not?

My condition is rare, but not unheard of.... I guess it depends on how many people who may come here... I see more people come here than most forums.

I have moved this thread to Feedback from OTB
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Swift, can I please have my thread reopened, I have every intention of discussing and providing proof when it is my claims... I can't possibly provide proof to someone elses claims, especially as radical as it was....

Swift, can I please have my thread reopened, I have every intention of discussing and providing proof when it is my claims... I can't possibly provide proof to someone elses claims, especially as radical as it was....
    How about you concentrate on your "The Colares Flap Incident" thread. I think it would be much more constructive to concentrate on a single incident, rather than all UFO incidents?

I would rather the Colares Flap be closed the now, until I finish the dinner I started, no?

And I have been infracted after explaining I am colorblind... then followed by a bunch more.

Why am I being treated this way?

This comes down to being able to distinguish the color writing of a mod. Then my thread gets mysteriously closed, on an account of proving the assertions which wasn't my assertion?
    Now to the central theme of this thread... (and yes I am writing as a moderator).

I am sorry for your vision issues. But I have reviewed all the infractions you have received, and frankly, the vast majority of them have nothing to do with trying to interpret whether a moderator is posting as a moderator or as any other member.

You have a very strong tendency, when told how to behave in a given thread, to respond in that thread, or to post off topic comments that derail the thread. That is not appropriate behavior on BAUT. I have also looked at the CONTENT of the moderator posts you responded to, and quite frankly, all of them were quite clearly in Moderator-mode.

But that is not the only things you have been infracted for; others include rude comments and not following our ATM and CT rules.

And the specific thread in question was not "mysteriously closed", the moderator very clearly stated why it was closed (and it had nothing to do with responding to moderator posts).

Lastly, as I have explained to you in your current UFO thread, whether you are making your own non-mainstream assertions, or you are repeating and echoing someone else's assertions, it doesn't matter. YOU presented them on BAUT, and it is your responsibility to defend them.

I would rather the Colares Flap be closed the now, until I finish the dinner I started, no?
    I am not closing and reopening any thread while you eat dinner. This isn't instant messaging, come back to the thread when you are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I am not closing and reopening any thread while you eat dinner. This isn't instant messaging, come back to the thread when you are ready.
    It was a figure of speech. The dinner was the thread I started, please reopen it.

I have every intention of discussing ALL the issues at hand. I don't, and shouldn't, have an obligation to prove anyone else's, and this is why my thread was closed. Please reopen my thread, I find this highly unfair.

When asked for proof, I looked for proof. If I didn't find any, I admitted it.

I find this descusion highly subjective as well, because I feel I was winning my debates and others could not prove or offer evidence to the contrary. If this is not the case, show me... because I was highly cooperative in that thread. To everyone.

My case is, as follows... The thread I started had someone say to me they investigated it and found it was all ''chinese whispers''.... I asked for evidence. A few posts later, the poster continued making assertions, and I said I could not take their investigative techniques seriously unless they provided evidence. Then much later, I asked the same question to another person, in which my thread was finally closed and I was said to be the one to give evidence because of the burden of proof... how is that fair?

This person made his own claims, surely the burden of proof is on him... especially with a claim such as that... but no... my thread gets closed!

The burden of proof has been surely misplaced, and now I need to suffer because of it. That is far from fair.

I have every intention of discussing ALL the issues at hand. I don't, and shouldn't, have an obligation to prove anyone else's, and this is why my thread was closed. Please reopen my thread, I find this highly unfair.
    I am not going to debate the "fairness" of our rule. If you post someone else's assertion that UFOs are anything other than the mainstream explanation, then it is your obligation on BAUT to defend that assertion. If that doesn't work for you, it is a very big Internet and you can find lots of other places to talk about UFOs.

I also see no reason to reopen the other thread, particularly if you are not planning to defend "other's" assertions.