Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 53 of 53

Thread: About UFO's. [why fake evidence?]

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by stutefish View Post
    Dude, if you have facts about UFOs, please don't waste our time with diatribes about bogus YouTube videos--that's for charlatans and dupes!

    Just give us the facts already!
    Check my sister thread next door. I have compiled a huge list of UFO facts.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    N.E.Ohio
    Posts
    18,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    Check my sister thread next door. I have compiled a huge list of UFO facts.
    How about a link so we know which thread it is?
    I don't think it's polite to make us search the list of threads for the one's you started.

    On the topic of CGI. I would like to know how many are faked videos compared to how many are actually just misinterpreted or misrepresented. From what I have seen, the former is such a small percentage that I don't think that the CGI ones really matter.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    How about a link so we know which thread it is? .
    Just check the one that's been locked...


    ...Oh my mistake... how can anyone differentiate around here... my bad

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    Here it is... http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....-Origins/page2

    you will need to forgive the spelling mistakes and typo's. I didn't spell check which I should have.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    38,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    Just check the one that's been locked...


    ...Oh my mistake... how can anyone differentiate around here... my bad
    I AM WRITING AS A MODERATOR

    Out of the kindness of my heart, you are not getting infracted for that comment, but that is EXACTLY the kind of off-topic, inappropriate criticism that is getting you infracted (and no, the wink does not make it OK).
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    How about a link so we know which thread it is?
    I don't think it's polite to make us search the list of threads for the one's you started.

    On the topic of CGI. I would like to know how many are faked videos compared to how many are actually just misinterpreted or misrepresented. From what I have seen, the former is such a small percentage that I don't think that the CGI ones really matter.
    As for how many are genuine, just from my own knowledge, I would expect at least 2% at best are real on youtube. That's pretty small.

  7. #37
    Just for comparison - can you show us a video that you know to be fake, and one you 'know' to be 'real'

    And then in each case- explain how you know that one is fake and one is real.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by djellison View Post
    Just for comparison - can you show us a video that you know to be fake, and one you 'know' to be 'real'

    And then in each case- explain how you know that one is fake and one is real.
    Yes... but what would it prove?

    I know all the STS tapes are real... I know many which are clearly fake.

    The apollo 16 disk shaped UFO for instance is real... the... well... just look shortly and you'll find a fake one... but I will get them for you.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    Ok... here is the Apollo 16 video of the saucer shaped craft over the... well... whatever it is... most likely the moon. It is the first picture in this and is well-documented

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z26uY5wIrY

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    The reason why we can trust the Apollo missions, at least in practice, is because it is hard to question the integrity.

  12. #42
    A man filming a computer screen, by hand, out of focus - and you're saying you 'trust' it.

    Where's the actual source footage?

    What time was it taken, exactly?

    Which crew member was filming it?

    Come on - at least provide source material, not some idiotic remix shakey cam nonsense.

    All the STS videos are 'real' you say. Real what, exactly?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    N.E.Ohio
    Posts
    18,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    As for how many are genuine, just from my own knowledge, I would expect at least 2% at best are real on youtube. That's pretty small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    I know all the STS tapes are real... I know many which are clearly fake.

    The apollo 16 disk shaped UFO for instance is real... the... well... just look shortly and you'll find a fake one... but I will get them for you.
    I'm not sure what your intuition of the number is. Those two statements seem to contradict each other.
    When you say 2% real what are you refering to? Are you saying that 98% are CGI?
    Because, there are a huge amount of UFO related videos with STS and Apollo that do not seem to be CGI to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    Ok... here is the Apollo 16 video of the saucer shaped craft over the... well... whatever it is... most likely the moon. It is the first picture in this and is well-documented
    First; there are more than one thing being shown in that video. You will need to specify.

    I see one, where it could be the Earth. Besides, How can that be the moon? It's hovering over the moon. That indicates that there wasn't a lot of thought behind that statement.

    I see one where the perspective of the limb of the moon could have caused an optical illusion to make it look vertical.

    The other one I saw was so quick and without any kind of scale so I can't make anything out. Plus they say that "NASA says" but they don't quote the context or give a reference. To me, that's just a meaningless shot.

    Assertions? Claims? No. They are my opinions as to what they look like to me. And; as they look like normal things, then I don't see any need to expand further than those assumptions.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10,194
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    Besides, How can that be the moon? It's hovering over the moon. That indicates that there wasn't a lot of thought behind that statement.
    To be fair, I think he meant the moon is the thing it is hovering over.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    What are you guys... ... ... ... even arguing about... are you arguing against, the STS-videos... ? If so... count me out of this. That is just as lame as saying astronauts never went to the moon.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    ''hen you say 2% real what are you refering to? Are you saying that 98% are CGI?''

    how many videos of STS is there... I think there is about over 60... how many crap CGI vids are there on youtube... hundreds... apart from the very few which are real.

    go figure

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    And there really should be hundreds... and no, I am not gonna post them lol

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    But I am not referring to the non-believers.
    Neither was I...consider that a believer "wants" convincing evidence SO BAD that they fake it....completely within the realm of possibility...

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    Thought you weren't playing these ''games''
    Hoping that wasn't too "subtle"...good that you recognized yourself...


    Believe it or not...some who have posted here, wouldn't.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Quote Originally Posted by djellison View Post
    A man filming a computer screen, by hand, out of focus - and you're saying you 'trust' it.

    Where's the actual source footage?

    What time was it taken, exactly?

    Which crew member was filming it?

    Come on - at least provide source material...


    I agree....please respond to the questions djellison asked.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    Hoping that wasn't too "subtle"...good that you recognized yourself...


    Believe it or not...some who have posted here, wouldn't.
    Sorry RAF... I know what intellect you bring onto the game. In my last thread, I defined a UFO as

    ''an unidentified flying object''

    you said,

    ''I am not playing these games''

    Explain to me what games you want to play, if not the rational ones... if not these, get out my thread please.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    In my last thread...
    That thread is locked....please respond to the queries on this thread.


    Thanks...

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    19,914
    I have closed this thread out of courtesy to the newly banned member who started it. If someone has something new and different to add to it, please ask a moderator to reopen it.
    Forming opinions as we speak

Similar Threads

  1. Is this one a fake?
    By Jeff Root in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2007-Jul-30, 06:05 AM
  2. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2005-Jul-30, 04:36 AM
  3. Was it possible to fake it?
    By Sticks in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2004-Dec-20, 07:38 PM
  4. Evidence of Rocks = Evidence of Life
    By skeptED56 in forum Life in Space
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2004-Jun-26, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
here
The forum is sponsored in-part by: