View Poll Results: Is my new telescope good for an beginner?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Telescope

0 0%
  • Bad Telescope

0 0%

Thread: Opinion on New Telescope

Opinion on New Telescope

I bought an Orion StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope.Is it an good beginner telescope? (link= http://www.telescope.com/Telescopes/.../28/p/9814.uts)

Quote Originally Posted by sdd122 View Post
    I bought an Orion StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope.Is it an good beginner telescope? (link= http://www.telescope.com/Telescopes/.../28/p/9814.uts)
    Well, what do you think? Is it working for you? Are there features of the scope you like? Don't like? IMO it should be fine, but that's dependent on if you like it and you use it, and get satisfaction out of that.

FWIW, lots of good 'what scope should I get' threads here well worth reading. I also strongly suggest attending a star party. It will help clarify what you like/don't like about your scope.

From what I've read, that's a fine scope. Though I've never used one of those personally.

Haven't got it yet I wanted an opinion to someone that used it. But yours is good.Thanks For the feedback

If you haven't bought anything yet, I suggest holding off on buying anything until you can get to a star party and try out different types of scopes. Or have you purchased the scope already but haven't received it yet? By attending a star party, you may find you like something else a lot better. Not saying your current choice is 'bad', just that you may find you like something else a lot better.

Definitely spend time browsing this forum, there are several 'what scope should I get' threads.

I also highly recommend reading this: http://scopereviews.com/begin.html

You may also want to consider a decent pair of binoculars before (or after) buying a scope. They are a valuable tool, and you'll find most if not all amateur astronomers who own scopes also own at least one pair of binocs.

its entirely within your own hands as to whether its a good scope.. ie, if you use it a lot, its a great scope.
    the joy of these are that you can carry them around in your car, and just pull over anytime there is a nice clear, dark night sky. have a cell phone with a star map, and within seconds you will be getting views.
    if thats what you want, its perfect