Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Is this true? [area 51, Art Bell, aliens ...]

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by cjameshuff View Post
    What about the guy who had arrays of space-warping satellites using alien technology put into orbit around the Earth and moon to deflect radio signals from Earth, making them appear to Earth-based observers to come from the moon so they could fake the moon landing?

    http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....28#post1382028
    I give. Your woo master trumps my woo novice.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,108
    Sounds similar to the guy that thinks spaceflight is impossible and all satellite signals come from a fleet of helicopters hovering around the world.
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Chimp View Post
    I'm 50 years old. I was hearing about people seeing strange unexplainable lights all over the world when I was a kid. The pulp UFO paperbacks put out back then made it sound as if the earth's atmosphere was awash with them. So 40 years later and we're no further on with an ET connection? That passage of time tells me that the lights are mundane phenomenon or aircraft of some sort. I find it revealing that in a world awash with video cameras and I-phones that we're no further along than vague "lights in the sky."
    Exactly.. Is it more likely that some alien intelligence has broken the light barrier and buzzed our atmosphere innumerable times while evading capture and refusing to contact, or that people are simply terribly unreliable observers at best?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth25 View Post
    [url]Personally i find its impossible to think that we are alone in the universe, I believe we have been visited by alien life.
    Imagine yourself an Indian, of either North or South America, or an Australian Aborigine. Your people live in peace on your
    land for thousands of years. You've never been visited by outsiders, thus you believe besides yourselfs there are no others
    anywhere in the world... this is it.
    Then, one day, some crackpot runs out of the bushes screaming that he saw some white humanoids who landed on a
    huge strange object, and some half human-half beast gods are coming this way. RUN!
    Ok, he is a nut. No one runs away. Ifcourse, the white man did come. And he conquered, and converted the natives to
    worship his gods.

    Now, I have to ask, if aliens did visit planet Earth, why have humans not been conquered, made slaves, converted
    to alien religions, no alien settlements, no colonies, no army bases, no alien tourists, etc.? Aliens have never visited
    planet Earth. If any alien species is 10million, or even 100,000 years ahead of humans, they should be able to fly
    across the galaxy. Ifcourse, if only primates are capable of evolving intelligence and technology, then we are in for
    a real long wait.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    18,366
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth25 View Post
    Personally i find its impossible to think that we are alone in the universe, I believe we have been visited by alien life.
    Personally I find it highly unlikely that we're alone in the universe.
    Main argument is that 1 is the most unlikely number of times something occurs, if life can start once it can start more than once and given the amount of time and space available it would have to be an extremely unlikely event to happen only once.

    I don't believe we've been visited by anyone though, mainly because of the travel distance involved.
    __________________________________________________
    Reductionist and proud of it.

    Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    Personally I find it highly unlikely that we're alone in the universe.
    Main argument is that 1 is the most unlikely number of times something occurs, if life can start once it can start more than once and given the amount of time and space available it would have to be an extremely unlikely event to happen only once.

    I don't believe we've been visited by anyone though, mainly because of the travel distance involved.
    Right. We have proof that life and civilization is possible, and it's a really big universe...it's absurd to think what happened here only happened once in the universe, there's no reason to think we are for some reason special. But that doesn't say anything about it happening a second time anywhere in our neighborhood. And the laws of physics appear to make it very difficult for anything even roughly similar to us in biological limitations to travel between even nearby stars.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    We have also the lil problem with time. It is not only that it must happen in our neighbourhood it must also happen roughly at the same time. From time of dinousarus to now whole civilizations in space around us could arise and go poof without trace.
    And also the other problem with similarity. If we step an alien on his "foot" would we even recognize the encounter?
    An alien civilization in our neighbourhood and existing at the same timeframe would also need to be carbon based and look roughly what we consider some form manageable living form - or we would miss it as some other phenomenom and all our discussion would be as fruitful as with a flu virus.



    Quote Originally Posted by cjameshuff View Post
    Right. We have proof that life and civilization is possible, and it's a really big universe...it's absurd to think what happened here only happened once in the universe, there's no reason to think we are for some reason special. But that doesn't say anything about it happening a second time anywhere in our neighborhood. And the laws of physics appear to make it very difficult for anything even roughly similar to us in biological limitations to travel between even nearby stars.

Similar Threads

  1. The universe & ancient aliens The moon rang like a bell!
    By Regulator in forum Space/Astronomy Questions and Answers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2011-Nov-30, 09:59 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 2011-Apr-12, 02:32 PM
  3. Art Bell and C2C...
    By vonmazur in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2011-Jan-30, 05:39 AM
  4. Humanity's True History - Ancient Aliens
    By Arthros in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 2011-Jan-04, 11:06 PM
  5. Bell's Theorem and other things Bell
    By mugaliens in forum Space/Astronomy Questions and Answers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-Sep-28, 04:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
here
The forum is sponsored in-part by: