Thread: Jonathan Frid has passed away (star of "Dark Shadows")

Jonathan Frid has passed away (star of "Dark Shadows")

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.co...rtainment&lite

I'm a fan of that show (have DVDs).

Mr. Frid was from Hamilton, Ontario. He was 87. Passed away peacefully in his sleep in a hospital.

Besides "Dark Shadows" as vampire Barnabas Collins, he had movie and theater roles as well.

This May a "Dark Shadows" film starring Johnny Depp is coming to theaters; Tim Burton directed it.

SW of the town of Maricopa, AZ. This is in the southern Arizona desert.
    I loved the show. I used to rush home from school in the afternoons to watch it.

I always thought the Jonathan Frid was the best actor in the cast. Most of the other cast members were not as good, but I think that that was due more to the shoestring production budget more that anything else.

I've seen a couple of the trailers for the upcoming move, I hope that I am wrong that they are going to make it more of a farce of the original than anything else.
    problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back (Piet Hein)
    I cook with wine, and sometime I even add it to the food. (W.C. Fields)
    I don't ask stupid questions. I just make stupid statements!!!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
    All truths are simple to understand, once they are found. The challenge is finding them. (attrib. to Galileo)

Quote Originally Posted by AstroRockHunter View Post
    I loved the show. I used to rush home from school in the afternoons to watch it.

I always thought the Jonathan Frid was the best actor in the cast. Most of the other cast members were not as good, but I think that that was due more to the shoestring production budget more that anything else.

I've seen a couple of the trailers for the upcoming move, I hope that I am wrong that they are going to make it more of a farce of the original than anything else.
    I have DVD collections up to #21 (the introduction of the Roxanne Drew character). Am subbed to some DS Yahoo Groups.

Oh yes, there's quite a buzz regarding the upcoming film. I wasn't impressed by the trailer either (happened to see it last evening for the first time). But as it's a Depp/Burton production, I will watch it.

Will agree with your comment about Frid's acting skills. Of the actresses, I thought Nancy Barrett was consistently good; especially as Pansy Faye.

It's been awhile since I've watched some episodes. Will likely do that this weekend.

I never got into it, but my best friend in high school loved Dark Shadows.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

My younger brother recently connected my mother's computer to his Netflix account, she's been watching them non-stop for a solid week now.