Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Attacks Against Richard C Hoagland

Quote Originally Posted by Bender
    If you are an SF fan, you need to look up the two part piece he did in Analog magazine in 1980. He claims to have found evidence of an alien spaceship in the Rings of Saturn!
    The first part of the two-part article, "The Blivit in the B-Ring," was published in the December 1982 edition of Analog Science Fiction/Science Fact. The second part was published in January 1983.

Resource: Richard C. Hoagland - Print Bibliography.

I looked at the articles years ago at the library, but I don't remember them too well.

Hoagland's article inspired the creation of a video game, "Battle in the B-Ring."

I remember mention of that claim, and all i can think to say about it is.
    Hmmm, electro scratches his chin.
    I think theirs an alien space ship burried in pluto.
    No their is an alien space ship burried in pluto!
    Now I'll lie my rear end off making false claims on no evidnce because its covered up and people will believe me!!!

Oh sorry i was day dreaming like Hoagland's "facts" seem to be

Re: Attacks Against Richard C Hoagland

Blast!

I got here late. Based on the content so far, I would have liked to have had a ringside seat! 8)

Went to that http://marvinbuster.bravehost.com/ site and read everything. It made about as much sense when I researched some information on one of my CD-ROMs and found this in the manufacturer's FAQs:

To paraphrase Harlan Ellison (Caution: strong language), anyone can post anything on the web.

Hey, Bender!

Welcome to the BABB!

Be sure to read the FAQs re board etiquette. I mention this because if you are, or are like, your namesake, you will at times be tempted to tell someone to "bite my shiny metal...", well, you know. Don't want you getting in hot oil right off the bat!

Quote Originally Posted by Maksutov
    Blast!

I got here late. Based on the content so far, I would have liked to have had a ringside seat! 8)
    Usually, the board is quiet on the weekends...but sometimes...things just happen, like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maksutov
    Blast!

Usually, the board is quiet on the weekends...but sometimes...things just happen, like yesterday.
    Yeah, I was really surprised myself when I came to the board yesterday around 4PM. I seen this topic with 3 pages already, and figured someone bumped it from a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender
    ...he is not a scientist, he doesn't do science. He is a performance artist.
    Yeah, that's pretty much the way I see it. He's certainly aware that it has been conclusively shown that the "face" is nothing but an eroded hill, yet he still maintains it's a "face". He knows it's not. His reaction to those who disagree with him, though distasteful, is perfectly undertandable. He has to maintain the illusion that he knows what he is talking about.

If the performance is ruined, there goes the income it generates.
    That does seem to be the "bottom line", doesn't it.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I see it. He's certainly aware that it has been conclusively shown that the "face" is nothing but an eroded hill, yet he still maintains it's a "face". He knows it's not. His reaction to those who disagree with him, though distasteful, is perfectly undertandable. He has to maintain the illusion that he knows what he is talking about.
    Well their are only two possibilities. It's either a hill that by coincidence resembles a face... or it's someone trying to tell us something. The evidence gathered on Hoagland's website not only shows the face but an entire city filled with photographic evidence of tools and complex structures. Yet people still seem to claim their is a lack of evidence.

Hoagland has been invited to speak on numerous occasions at the Lines-Morris Institute but has yet to accept the offer. We hope that during the next UFO Convention in Philadelphia we might convince him to drop by Mechanicsburg and lecture. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMarvinBuster
    Hoagland has been invited to speak on numerous occasions at the Lines-Morris Institute but has yet to accept the offer. We hope that during the next UFO Convention in Philadelphia we might convince him to drop by Mechanicsburg and lecture. Only time will tell.
    The Lines-Morris Institute is in Mechanicsburg, PA? And this is a real institute of some sort?

Well their are only two possibilities. It's either a hill that by coincidence resembles a face... or it's someone trying to tell us something. The evidence gathered on Hoagland's website not only shows the face but an entire city filled with photographic evidence of tools and complex structures. Yet people still seem to claim their is a lack of evidence.
    The evidence is bogus.

Let me add that I have tried to Google for evidence of the existence of a "Marvin Buster" or a "Lines-Morris Institute", without success.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Has anyone noticed that the Website for this Lines-Morris institute and the evidence it has put up has changed? All references to this "Kamini " Person have been taken out. If it is copied from this persons paper, which is seems to of been, That is very irresponsible. Not sure what else has been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G. Archer
    The Lines-Morris Institute is in Mechanicsburg, PA? And this is a real institute of some sort?
    from an earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Marvin Buster
    Our phone number is not listed and I am not prepared to receive calls on my personal line so I will not be divulging that information. My email is on the official website so if you should want to contact me personally that is the best route.

I would also like to clear up a fact that may have been assumed. The Institute is an organization dedicated to the Astrological pursuit of truth and scientific analysis it is not a system of higher education. We do possess a small degree program that is regonized by the Astrology Association of America.
    I would also like to say the Astrology Association of America does exist but has no official website that I know of.

I am a doctor and recieved my certificate from the Lines-Morris Institute. I never actually completed the program but I did recieve an "honorary" degree.

I have receieved some scrunity as to weither my degree is regonized by the national board of education however I do have a certificate from the Lines-Morris Insitute which is respected by most parties.

Also all references to Kamini Sheth have been removed per her request. She has been receiving to many emails. Thank you for your understanding in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G. Archer
    Hoagland's article inspired the creation of a video game, "Battle in the B-Ring."
    And, if I recall the plot correctly, the story "Saturn Alia" by Grant D. Callin (Analog, July 1984). At least, it sure seemed that way to me.

Fred
    "For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
    -- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

I would also like to say the Astrology Association of America does exist but has no official website that I know of.

I am a doctor and recieved my certificate from the Lines-Morris Institute. I never actually completed the program but I did recieve an "honorary" degree.

I have receieved some scrunity as to weither my degree is regonized by the national board of education however I do have a certificate from the Lines-Morris Insitute which is respected by most parties.
    Should I be searching for the Astrology Association of America and the Lines-Morris Insitute in the back pages of some tabloid magazine? :wink:

Since my initial project just hasnt' been well recieved I've decided to release some of my findings seen in the new NASA photographs. They can be found here : http://marvinbuster.bravehost.com/spiritcave.html

I've taken extra time to outline the evidence and I sincerely believe the work speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by To Seek
    Dr. Marvin Buster...you really need to read this...then come back and tell us just how it's wrong.

To continue to say that Hoagland is right...ignoring evidence to the contrary...is a waste of our time.

Since my initial project just hasnt' been well recieved I've decided to release some of my findings seen in the new NASA photographs. They can be found here : http://marvinbuster.bravehost.com/spiritcave.html

I've taken extra time to outline the evidence and I sincerely believe the work speaks for itself.
    No offense is ment here, but are you pulling our leg?

There is scant evidence there at all and it looks very much like a magnifid image of a very small hole. You probobly could not fit a finger in the hole without obscuring everything.

If it is real, care to give us the identification numbers and/or location for the origonal pics? Or the location of the site?

It certainly does. The image you are defacing with your "spirit cave" delusions is a shot of a very deep RAT hole on the rock dubbed Clovis (false color and 'prox true color).

I now believe that you are indulging in a bit of performance art yourself, seeing how long you can wind us up. You don't really believe a word you're posting. Well, boyo, it ain't working. Even if you say the sky is blue, I will ask for three separate confirmations and then go look for myself.

Fred (edit for spelling)
    "For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."

The area circled in black in the first photograph, I see a collasped cliff wall with what is clearly a talus field to the left of it. I don't even see what could begin to look like a cave enterance. Do you have a link to the original photos?
    Edit: Nevermind Nowhere man linked to it. Just too funny really.

From Dr. Marvin's site...

The ash has remained there for millions of years...
    Are you seriously trying to tell us that simple ash would not have been scattered by the Martian winds over a time span of millions of years???

I'm speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F.
    From Dr. Marvin's site...

The ash has remained there for millions of years...
    Are you seriously trying to tell us that simple ash would not have been scattered by the Martian winds over a time span of millions of years???

I'm speechless.
    Their isn't any wind on Mars.

The original image can be found at http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov , though simply look at my first image and envision it without the black circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey

No offense is ment here, but are you pulling our leg?

There is scant evidence there at all and it looks very much like a magnifid image of a very small hole. You probobly could not fit a finger in the hole without obscuring everything.

If it is real, care to give us the identification numbers and/or location for the origonal pics? Or the location of the site?
    This IS a REAL photograph taken from the mars rover image releases. I am simply highlighting some key areas in the picture.

Come again? Wind has been confirmed since Mariner 9.

Now i am going to go out on a limb here but i think its warrented.

DrMarvinBuster,

Can you give us the Origonal website adress for this "Institute"? I will be frank here. I have been very suspicious of you for a bit now. Your showing off someone elses evidence as your own is just wrong. It might be right that this student has given you acess to her work, But i do doubt that. The persons name is evident on the same material on other parts of the web and is just as easily acessible.

There is no mention of this "institute" on any astrology websites, even though you yourself say you are acredited thougth them and well nkown by them.

There is no mention of this association, even on other websites (that i have searched through google and yahoo) .

Please, show us evidence to the existance of this place or Actual evidence of your reaserch to show us that you are for real.

This is not ment to be mean at all, just i want some questions cleared up.

This IS a REAL photograph taken from the mars rover image releases. I am simply highlighting some key areas in the picture.
    Sorry i did not mean that the image itself was not real, i mean if the cave was real. Sorry for the confusion.

What do you feel about the link provided by Nowhere Man that it is only 4.5 cm across?

Pffffffffft! Haaaa ha ha ha ha ha hahahaha!

If there is no wind, then what causes the sand dunes, dust storms, and dust devils that have been seen on Mars?

You're putting us on. What grade are you in? And do my brain a favor. Look up the differences between the words there, their, and they're, and USE THEM PROPERLY.

To everyone else: Give it up. We're just feeding a troll here. The so-called "Lines-Morris Institute" exists only in "Dr." (no more doubt here) Morris [edit: Sorry, I mean Marvin] Buster's brain.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey
    Now i am going to go out on a limb here but i think its warrented.

DrMarvinBuster,

Can you give us the Origonal website adress for this "Institute"? I will be frank here. I have been very suspicious of you for a bit now. Your showing off someone elses evidence as your own is just wrong. It might be right that this student has given you acess to her work, But i do doubt that. The persons name is evident on the same material on other parts of the web and is just as easily acessible.

There is no mention of this "institute" on any astrology websites, even though you yourself say you are acredited thougth them and well nkown by them.

There is no mention of this association, even on other websites (that i have searched through google and yahoo) .

Please, show us evidence to the existance of this place or Actual evidence of your reaserch to show us that you are for real.

This is not ment to be mean at all, just i want some questions cleared up.
    As I have said the institutes main network was under harsh DDoS attack and as such our website has not been renewed. We plan to change buildings and relaunch the Institute from another location more prepared to handle such attacks.

What I can do is give you the address of our sister institute, http://www.morien-institute.org/ The Morien Institute, to which any and all questions relating to Christopher Lines, William Morris, myself or Jarvis Williamson may be directed.

The Morien Institute is an organization within the Lines-Morris Institute. It also deals with controversial ideas. We plan to incorperate the two institutes this spring. Both orgainzations have a long and fruitful history.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
    The image you are defacing with your "spirit cave" delusions is a shot of a very deep RAT hole...
    Congratulations, Nowhere Man...you're absolutely right!!!! Good call!!

I now believe that you are indulging in a bit of performance art yourself, seeing how long you can wind us up.
    I agree.

BTW...I posted my "ash argument" before I saw your post.

The origonal website adress is still welcome, even if it is under a constant attack, the information to who registered it and such is still publically available online and could give credit to your claim.

The info for the sister site would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
    Look up the differences between the words there, their, and they're, and USE THEM PROPERLY.
    Ummmm...I've been known to confuse "those" myself.