Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Later occurred to me why he looked a bit uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    Many men (me included ) tend to turn into hormonally-driven, drooling morons in the presence of attractive redheads.
    Well, to be honest, I have considered letting my hair return to its natural dark blonde because of various reactions (ahem). But I am married and do feel like a redhead; it looks totally natural, and I've gotten scads of compliments from women as well. I'm keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Well, to be honest, I have considered letting my hair return to its natural dark blonde because of various reactions (ahem). But I am married and do feel like a redhead; it looks totally natural, and I've gotten scads of compliments from women as well. I'm keeping it.
    Lucky husband, you have. Of course, I am also a lucky husband. (and my wife is not looking over my shoulder).
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

I tell my wife red hair dye causes impulse control problems. She didn't comment, she was busy getting a tattoo.
    Solfe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Triangles are my favorite shape
    "Three points where two lines meet"
    Tessellate, Alt-J

But I ... do feel like a redhead..
    I suppose this is the kind of comment which every female would understand, but being of another sex, and with insignificant amounts of hair, I don't actually know what you mean. Do blondes feel different to brunettes? How? (In this post, to feel is an intransitive verb )

I reallt don't understand (Poppy Montgomery) this fascination (Nicole Kidman) bordering on obession (Julianne Moore) that some men have (Christina Hendricks) with redheads (Alyson Hannigan).
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
    I suppose this is the kind of comment which every female would understand, but being of another sex, and with insignificant amounts of hair, I don't actually know what you mean. Do blondes feel different to brunettes? How? (In this post, to feel is an intransitive verb )
    It's just that being a redhead feels "like me" -- truer to my personality, inner drive, verve, temperament, etc. (which the natural hair color doesn't convey at all).

My daughter teaches pre-school. She has a "problem child" in her class who happens to be a redhead. The little girl's mother actually told my daughter that there's nothing that can be done. "Redheads have higher estrogen levels and that makes them hyperactive."

Seriously.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    My daughter teaches pre-school. She has a "problem child" in her class who happens to be a redhead. The little girl's mother actually told my daughter that there's nothing that can be done. "Redheads have higher estrogen levels and that makes them hyperactive."

Seriously.

During college (years ago), I made extra money (besides 2 part-time jobs) typing forms for a lady who was head of her community organization. We spoke on the phone twice (what work she needed done, how much I'd charge, etc.) before meeting in person. She was shocked to see I wasn't a "wiry redhead"; that's how she'd visualized me.

If she's still alive, I know she'd approve of my now red hair.

It's just that being a redhead feels "like me" -- truer to my personality, inner drive, verve, temperament, etc. (which the natural hair color doesn't convey at all).
    Ah. I knew a woman who admitted to me she hated being a redhead because men had a preconception of what she was like. When I asked her to explain, she seemed surprised that I didn't know the saying from her area (Wales, UK) namely "Red Hair, no knickers". I had absolutely no idea of this alleged correlation, which I'm sure is nonsense. (Is this breaking some Baut decorum rule? Please remove the post if it might offend.)

Quote Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
    Ah. I knew a woman who admitted to me she hated being a redhead because men had a preconception of what she was like...
    Yeah.

I can attest to this.

Despite the wedding ring on my finger.

I could write an entire page of reactions, attitudes, and etc.

If I weren't married, I probably would not be brave enough to keep this red hair.

Yesterday I bought 3 books at Barnes & Noble. No, don't ask for the titles; it's part of a trilogy which wouldn't be welcome for discussion at this family-friendly forum.

Anyway, I noticed the clerk (maybe 10 years younger than I) looked a bit flustered while bagging the books.

Later it occurred to me why: The covers of all 3 are reproductions of old paintings of Venus, or Venus-like females (and topless). Doesn't faze me at all (aside from artistic beauty), but it apparently did him.
    I'm curious. Do you live in a major city or a small town. I would be surprised if this was in LA, Chicago, or New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by AKONI View Post
    I'm curious. Do you live in a major city or a small town. I would be surprised if this was in LA, Chicago, or New York City.
    It's just that they're very modest on Coruscant.
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

Lol, swampyankee.

Quote Originally Posted by AKONI View Post
    It's a city of approximately 110,000 people. A nearby (55 miles) city has nearly 1 million people. Not too "backwater."

Well, Blondes have more fun, but redheads are more fun... assuming a gent is up to the task.

If I weren't married, I probably would not be brave enough to keep this red hair.
    Incidentally, there is a movie coming out soon about a girl with red hair. The title is "Brave".

And if you weren't married, you probably soon would be.
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.