Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: New Star Trek Excelsior Movie announced

  1. #1

    New Star Trek Excelsior Movie announced

    George Takei starring as the captain of the Excelsior in it's own movie

    http://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    893
    That should have been done a long time ago.

    A few concerns.

    The team of J.J. Abrams and Robert Orci.
    Mention of Khan's grandson. Let's not reimagine the same old thing, please. The reason The Wrath of Khan worked was because it was a continuation of a good story and characters, but this could get very dull if it's a revenge for my father thing.
    Cut out the lens flares, omg.
    God, don't mess with the Excelsior, please!

    At least Berman's not involved...

    I had always wanted to see a separate series or something with the Excelsior. But it has to follow the old Star Trek bible, something that hasn't been done for years in the Star Trek franchise. I'm all for a reboot, or different reboots, but without a good plot and character development, it'll flop just like any other film.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Lisa Lampanelli??? So the next ST movie will be rated a "hard" R, or maybe X??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,948
    Um, considering it was announced today, and today is April 1st...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Ya had to go and "spoil" it...

  6. #6
    Totally fell for it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Would a Star Trek movie starring George Takei be so bad?


    Guess my distaste for the "reboot" is showing.

  8. #8
    Spoilsport! lol
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Depew, NY
    Posts
    6,521
    I just bought a lotto ticket with the numbers 1 through six, appearently my sanity checker is on the fritz. I would love to see any movie with George Takei and a Star Trek rewind+reboot sounds pretty good to me.

    I am mock horrified that he would toy with his facebook friends in this way!
    Solfe

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Triangles are my favorite shape
    "Three points where two lines meet"
    Tessellate, Alt-J

  10. #10
    I would be horrified if he didn't
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,948
    I'm sorry, it's hard to tell if somebody's serious or playing along online, and I wanted to save you guys from being fooled.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    location
    Posts
    10,959
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard to tell if somebody's serious or playing along online, and I wanted to save you guys from being fooled.
    Someone's being a Miss Goody-two-shoes. Since no good deed goes unpunished, what should we do with her?
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    38,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Pacis View Post
    Someone's being a Miss Goody-two-shoes. Since no good deed goes unpunished, what should we do with her?
    One suggestion
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,018

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    N.E.Ohio
    Posts
    18,957
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    Um, considering it was announced today, and today is April 1st...
    ...and that it's being announced on a facebook page.
    (Me no facebook... so I can't even see what they are saying.)

    Confirmed.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard to tell if somebody's serious or playing along online, and I wanted to save you guys from being fooled.

    Do you really think that anyone here was "fooled" after reading the words "Lisa Lampanilli"??

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    N.E.Ohio
    Posts
    18,957
    Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    Do you really think that anyone here was "fooled" after reading the words "Lisa Lampanilli"??
    Although I wasn't fooled anyway, I don't think her name would have made any difference to me. I had to look up who she was. After finding out, I still see where some crazy comedians can pull of some more serious roles.

    The one that fooled me was the remake of "Total Recall". That one sounded like an April fools joke.
    But; that was only until I realized that there was a Colin Farrell and it wasn't Will Farrell.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    18,197
    Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    Do you really think that anyone here was "fooled" after reading the words "Lisa Lampanilli"??
    Having no idea who she is, the name didn't give any information either way.
    __________________________________________________
    Reductionist and proud of it.

    Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    12,994
    Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    Having no idea who she is, the name didn't give any information either way.
    Trust me, you really don't want to know who she is.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,948
    Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    Trust me, you really don't want to know who she is.
    I'll take your word for that, there are many things I've Googled that I was better off not knowing about.

    ("Space shuttle jokes? Wait, there are jokes about the space shuttle? And I don't know them? To Google!")

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Depew, NY
    Posts
    6,521
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    I'll take your word for that, there are many things I've Googled that I was better off not knowing about.

    ("Space shuttle jokes? Wait, there are jokes about the space shuttle? And I don't know them? To Google!")
    Meh, there are worse things you can google than Lisa Lampanilli.
    Much worse. So much more worse that I had to choose between college and therapy.
    Solfe

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Triangles are my favorite shape
    "Three points where two lines meet"
    Tessellate, Alt-J

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    7,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    Meh, there are worse things you can google than Lisa Lampanilli.
    Much worse. So much more worse that I had to choose between college and therapy.
    I agree. I have a specific example in mind, involving a rock band - you may think you want to know where they got their name, but you don't - but I'm not even going to name the band because I don't want to be responsible for anybody looking it up.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,018
    I like Lisa L. myself. She and Penn are great on Celebrity Apprentice.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    10,433
    George Takei had it on his Facebook page. Had me going for about three seconds before I realized it was Sunday. Had to doff my hat, that would be pretty amazing. I have one of the Excelsior audio novels around here somewhere

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,018

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaedas View Post
    That should have been done a long time ago.

    A few concerns.

    The team of J.J. Abrams and Robert Orci.
    Mention of Khan's grandson. Let's not reimagine the same old thing, please. The reason The Wrath of Khan worked was because it was a continuation of a good story and characters, but this could get very dull if it's a revenge for my father thing.
    Cut out the lens flares, omg.
    God, don't mess with the Excelsior, please!
    Being Abrams doing it and that the next Star Trek movie brings Khan back, I imagine that the Excelsior movie is going to take place in the rebooted universe and be a direct tie-in from the next movie. Will be interesting since it is one of the old characters still played by the original.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    N.E.Ohio
    Posts
    18,957
    Quote Originally Posted by mertox View Post
    Being Abrams doing it and that the next Star Trek movie brings Khan back, I imagine that the Excelsior movie is going to take place in the rebooted universe and be a direct tie-in from the next movie. Will be interesting since it is one of the old characters still played by the original.
    FYI: The excelsior movie was a joke. The return of Khan is a rumor.

    If they do bring back old characters, my only hope is that they don't try to re-hash the stories or try to tie them into the Kirk/post-Kirk ST-canon.

    As long as the reboot stays a seperate alternative "reality" that stands on it's own, I will have an easier time accepting it.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,018
    I wouldn't mind a Doomsday Machine remake--or seeing an Excelsior with Super Star Destroyer level of detail.

Similar Threads

  1. Star Trek XI release date announced.
    By Doodler in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2007-May-17, 03:18 AM
  2. Best Space Movie: Star Trek Round 2
    By Lord Jubjub in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2007-Jan-12, 02:37 AM
  3. Best Space Movie: Star Trek Round 1
    By Lord Jubjub in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2007-Jan-11, 09:02 AM
  4. Star Trek, Another Movie?
    By imported_Ziggy in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2004-Aug-04, 09:45 PM
  5. New Star Wars Movie Title Announced
    By DippyHippy in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2004-Jul-27, 09:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
here
The forum is sponsored in-part by: