Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A Theory of Cometary Associations with Earthquakes

Quote Originally Posted by Kalopin View Post
    NO, you are discussing a tiny comet, far away. I am proposing a large comet up close.
    But according to the sources you provided it was small and far away. You believe them when they talk about "lights in the sky" but you don't belive them when it comes to measurements of the comets size and orbit?

Yes, although it was considered quite a large comet. I agree this comet would have had little effect as a NEO.
    Then why do you keep talking about the effects of NEOs. And why do keep brining in non existent or insignificant factors like electric charge and sound in space?

But I am not claiming it was just a NEO, but that a large enough piece broke away and impacted Northern Mississippi to cause this earthquake. So totally different set of circumstances.
    So, nothing to do with it being an electrically charged object creating massive pressure waves? It was a big meteorite?

I wish you would just stick to one story instead of jumping around whenever it is shown that the current one is implausible.

How do I know it happened. I have strong enough evidence or wouldn't claim it.
    You have produced no evidence at all, just a series of random claims supported by a poor understanding of physics and, as far as I can tell, geology.

I am not able to continuously be at the computer, as I do have quite a bit to do.
    Irrelevant...no one here is forcing you to post...if you don't have the time to participate on this board, then don't.

I believe that I have given a very good arguement. Although I have a wealth of evidence more to share.
    So far you have provided NO evidnece so any evidence would be "more".

I had hoped that I would spark the interest of a good investigative scientist.
    You are making the assumption that you must be "right", yet you have provided no evidence to "back up" your claims. Why would any self respecting scientist be "intereseted" in outrageous, unproven claims?

I would prefer you leave this thread open for furure comments, if possible. But, I guess, if you still feel that way then the defense rests.
    Are you withdrawing your claim(s)??

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    But according to the sources you provided it was small and far away. You believe them when they talk about "lights in the sky" but you don't belive them when it comes to measurements of the comets size and orbit?

Then why do you keep talking about the effects of NEOs. And why do keep brining in non existent or insignificant factors like electric charge and sound in space?

So, nothing to do with it being an electrically charged object creating massive pressure waves? It was a big meteorite?

I wish you would just stick to one story instead of jumping around whenever it is shown that the current one is implausible.

You have produced no evidence at all, just a series of random claims supported by a poor understanding of physics and, as far as I can tell, geology.
    It seems you have devolped those opinions through mis-interpretations. The science is already in. If the Earth, Moon, Sun, planets, asteroid belt, Kuiper Belt, Oort cloud... are effected by these forces of repel and attraction, then it stands to reason that a large enough body with enough speed and force will disrupt any body near enough to come into contact with said forces. Look up the theory on how The Moon began to orbit Earth. We may have gone over all of this before. You gettin' Deja vu yet?

Oh and YES a comet IS a fast moving asteroid. And when they come into contact wit objects that will slow them down, they once again become asteroids!
    This is so "off the mark" that I don't know how to respond....you simply do not understand what a comet "is".

An object's velocity DOES NOT determine what type of object it is.

As the OP seems to be just making things up as he goes alon, not providing any support and changing his story to suit the objections of other members I am closing the thread

As ever if anyone thinks the thread should stay open then report this post and give a very good reason. Kalopin You have had your kick at the can with this and provided nothing to support it. Before you start any other ATM Threads make sure you have actual evidence to support them. This Forum is not a talk shop where you can play 'just suppose' Read the Rules!
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple