Thread: The Secret World (in Development Conspiracy Theory/Legends MMO Game)

The Secret World (in Development Conspiracy Theory/Legends MMO Game)

Posting this here sort of as a notice that when this game goes live, depending on how popular it becomes, could be a major increase in Conspiracy web traffic, including here at Baut.

Part of the game advertises that a player may need to surf the web for information os specific legends or conspiracies, so I suspect we'll bee seeing some of it's players here at Baut soon.

I've been accepted into the next round of Beta Testing for it, and I decided to let the game decide which faction to place me in based on a test...

I'm sort of embarrassed as it stuffed me into the Illuminati faction...

Talk about an epic fail for a long time Baut member. Anyone know a good rock I can crawl under now?

Making you one of the secret masters isn't a fail, it indicates you know what's really going on.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

I welcome the benevolent rule of the BAUT board's Illuminati Overlord.

You could crawl under one of your fake Moon rocks in Nevada?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    You could crawl under one of your fake Moon rocks in Nevada?

Don't forget to shape shift to get out of trouble

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    I welcome the benevolent rule of the BAUT board's Illuminati Overlord.
    So he's now in the Illuminati. But just a minute, as a member of the Illuminati, he isn't allowed to mention it to anyone, as there is a cover-up that the Illuminati doesn't exist. Soooo, if he says he's in it, he can't be, because it doesn't exist .... errrrrm ......

I can attest to the fact that dgavin is most certainly NOT in the Illuminati (which 'R US), but should be. As should a lot more people from these enlightened circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Arneb View Post
    I can attest to the fact that dgavin is most certainly NOT in the Illuminati (which 'R US), but should be. As should a lot more people from these enlightened circles.
    Arneb, I hadn't seen that site before. I went there an it looks like a rather interesting. If you see postings from me there, don't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    So he's now in the Illuminati. But just a minute, as a member of the Illuminati, he isn't allowed to mention it to anyone, as there is a cover-up that the Illuminati doesn't exist. Soooo, if he says he's in it, he can't be, because it doesn't exist .... errrrrm ......
    I am not programmed to respond in that area.

I did the test this morning before work - as a long time fan of chaos it took one look behind my keyboard and determined "there be dragons!"

Still waiting to see if I get beta access. I should've setup access ages ago - as an AoC subcriber I am supposedly to get preferential treatment.

Nice Spoons.

From my understanding Closed Beta 1 just started. There were over .5 million applicants for it, which is unheard of for a game that's not been advertised at all. So we might make it in for Beta 2 or open beta.

The release date is expected to be June 18th this year.

Yeah, that date is what I remembered from when I pre-ordered. I paid $250 to get the lifetime subscription for it in case it turns out as good as AoC.

I will get beta access too, with that pack, but I think I will miss that, being overseas during much of that beta phase.

But this is becoming an off topic discussion. I am quite interestd to see how deeply it digs into the semi-psychotic world of conspiracy theories. I love that stuff, in a sick, guilty pleasure kind of way.

Game available now for Pre-Order, just picked up mine mine from GameStop

GameStop Preorders will get early weekend load balancing access, as well as a Wolf pet/companion in game, there are two other pre-ordercompaions, which i assume one is for EA customers and other for other Game stores

I'll be lookign at how to install it as a pre-order tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.

Yeah, you get a kitty cat if you order direct from Funcom/EA on the website.

Defeat your enemies with fur allergies!

I wouldn't expect them to allow early installations until maybe late May, since the beta weekends are just the two weekends prior to release, from memory.

I've redemed my pre-order code. Weekend access for Load Testing for Pre-order and other EA/Funcom game owners will begin May 11th (according to their website). No details yet on dowloading the beta-client yet.

Spoons: You gonna get a eqyptian Kitty? nice!

Pre-order code? I really should go back and check my emails for that.

It looks like there is no way to avoid PVP, is that right? Solo friendly and PVP optional are pretty major plusses for me. No point in having a great storyline if you can't take time to follow it.
    I'm Not Evil.
    An evil person would do the things that pop into my head.

I'm told that it will be very much PvE friendly, and that PvP will be an area they expand further in the future, though through separate PvE and PvP zones as opposed to whole separate servers where your character is stuck in one or the other, though I'm not sure about this.

I agree, I want it to be solo friendly, as being in Australia that is pretty much a requirement for me to enjoy the game a lot of the time.

Open Beta Account just came through, Downloading game tonight. woohoo

oh, oh, do reportback with how it is going. But maybe if you can do it in What game are you playing? I feel bad posting about the game progress in the conspiracy forum... All those people seeing a new post in a dead section of the site, thinking there might be a wacky claim running... :-)O