View Poll Results: Who made the gates of the gods?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man

25 78.13%
  • Evil Opressive aliens, or just aliens

2 6.25%
  • 'People' from Betelgeuse

5 15.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incan Gate of the gods

Incan Gate of the gods

If you havent heard of the Incan 'Gate of the gods' here's the picture of it.

The Door is 2 meters high and the whole carved door wall piece in the rock face is 7 meters high, the door alcove has a small inset in it small enough for a small circular disk.
    There is a old story that goes with the door way that it was used for instant travel between our planet and the land of the gods. (The area is littered with rocks in the shape of buildings but this seems irrelivant) When the spanish came and started louting the inca priest Aramu Maru fled with the key of the gods from the seven rays temple and hid in the mountains in search of the gateway until he found it. There were shaman priest there performing a ritual and he showed the head shaman the key of the gods and using the key's "magical" powers and a special ritual (which ended with the key being placed in the small circular inset in the door way) the gate opened with a blue shimmering light like water suspended, the priest took the key and walked through the water with the portal closing behind him.

As some may know Peru is the home of the Nazca lines which were carved out of the cround and can only be seen properly from the sky and some even take into acount the curvature of the earth which still makes them look like a flat image from the sky the maths that these took into acount are even hard to be done today most resorting to working it out using computers and 3D design programs.

This skull and some more like it were found in Cahuachi the city of the line drawers which was abandond 500 years for no reason after it was created. Some of the sculls have the cranial capacity of 3600 ccm modern man has about 1400 ccm, the skull sizes should be more BC 35000 rather than AD 0-500 or even if these "people" lived from 35000 years ago they had to evolve in sothern america because american indians moving to america was the earlyest land crossing from russia to america and 35000 years earlyer would have been even harder due to continental drift.

Also their are mentions of "Gates of the gods" in many countrys often called different names but the most mentioned is in egypt (their is mention of disks like those from peru and of an actual "stargate" or "gate of the gods". The most mentioned disk is the 'Eye of Ra' the sun god and ruler of the egyptian gods) and also alot in norse religion as a gate to the world of the asgard which is the home of their gods (Thor and the gang).

Finaly (i dont deny the existance or non existance of aliens i'd like them to exist but i dont know if they do) on march 3rd 1999 for 40 minutes 5 silver glowing disks flew over the capital city with many home videos taken of them performing menouvers. The people there believe in aliens which come here to mine a rare unknown material from the ocean of peru and in return give curative effects to the mud pools of a small town which in the population of 10,000 more then 100 of the births are of twins because one of the pools gives the gift of a twin birth.

Or is the world just more openly crazy

The skull is an example of headbinding- there were differences in the manner of headbinding that apparently reflected local peaks, rather than being any kind of endemic deformation.
    Windows often open onto the sacred peaks; building stones are often shaped like mountains. And the importance of the mountains was reflected in the Incas themselves. Some who lived in the shadow of conical peaks deformed their heads into points, the Spaniards reported; some of those beneath a squat mountain flattened the tops of their heads, probably through binding like that once inflicted on the feet of Chinese girls. The Incas trekked 20,000 feet into the clouds and gave a few of their precious children to the mountain because the mountain was a god.
    http://www.mountain.org/reinhard/doc...ic/newsart.htm

The representations of these skulls presented on some nonacademic sites do not properly display overlays to scale with eye sockets and other landmarks, apparently to make the heads appear larger than they are. Aritistic renderings of children and artifacts support headboards and binding.

Far more interesting is this:

http://www.nb.no/baser/schoyen/4/4.4/ms4604.jpg

While Apache instead of Incan, it obviously displays a solar system, and a pair of persistent braided Einstein-Rosen bridges for interstellar travel supported by lozenged anti-dark matter for the negative energy supply required to expand the wormhole.

Could this be the myth that Stargate got its beginnings from?

Not really- If I recall, "Stargate" was very very loosely based upon the novel of the same name by Pauline Gedge, who normally writes Egyptian historical fiction, but took a stab at a sci-fi/fantasy novel which didn't have anything to do with Egypt.

Anyway, back to the skulls.

Based on my own suspicions, I made a new overlay, matching the zygomatic process in each image to the zygomatic process in two overlay skulls- the image that it shows is quite different. They are just deformed normal skulls- not the 3500 cc monsters purported, or the pre-Neandertal suggestion.

They arent the result of bindings because the deformations in the use of bindings causes buldges depending on the persons actual skull type from their genes and often causes the skull plates not to fuse correctly. also the jaw is not of modern man. its too large.

Stargate got it's from egypt where later "novelists" of the time started writing stories about the gods, which used to be their early pharoes. the Asgard came into stargate because their was a link between them and a home of their gods in the stars. the film was basicly just making money but the actualy show has had people spend more time working into the story to make it more then paper thick.

Re: Incan Gate of the gods

Quote Originally Posted by electromagneticpulse
    As some may know Peru is the home of the Nazca lines which were carved out of the cround and can only be seen properly from the sky and some even take into acount the curvature of the earth which still makes them look like a flat image from the sky the maths that these took into acount are even hard to be done today most resorting to working it out using computers and 3D design programs.
    I've stood on the Nazca lines. They are indeed impressive but nothing that the pre-Incas couldn't have done with dead reckoning. They were intelligent people.

Which lines take into account the curvature of the Earth, and in what way? Some are miles long, which is again impressive as they go over the local horizon, but I don't know what taking into account the curvature of the Earth means in this context.

Who is 'working it out with computers and 3D design programs'?

in some of them the land drops from one end to the other by about 2 inches and they've been mapped that the lines are symetrical.

and the japanese did work it out using computers when they built the worlds 2nd longest bridge at the time i believe it was and it collapsed because it was built wrong and i live near the worlds second longest bridge which is in england, its called the humber bridge and it doesnt look like its going to collapse any time soon. *touches wood*

They arent the result of bindings because the deformations in the use of bindings causes buldges depending on the persons actual skull type from their genes and often causes the skull plates not to fuse correctly. also the jaw is not of modern man. its too large.
    The deformations are done from infancy, when there are no sutures or interdigitation. The sutures form when the plates of "dermal" (derived from the skin) bone meet, so there really can't be a mismatch before they are fused when the fontanel is still present, which is generally when headbinding is done.

The Jaw is not large. It appears so when an out-of-scale "normal" skull is improperly superimposed. I've matched up the zygomatic process in each skull (the bone that supports the eye socket is more developed at birth, as are the eyes, and much less subject to deformation) and the jaw is a little forward-jutting, but not large per se. The author of the original "alien" conjectures has purposely distorted his data to make his case appear more convincing. Data analysis is a good thing. Data forgery or distortion is a bad thing.

Stargate got it's from egypt where later "novelists" of the time started writing stories about the gods, which used to be their early pharoes. the Asgard came into stargate because their was a link between them and a home of their gods in the stars. the film was basicly just making money but the actualy show has had people spend more time working into the story to make it more then paper thick.
    No, Pauline Gedge's novel was simply a science-fantasy novel written in 1982. It was titled "Stargate."

She had amphibian, bird-winged, and other anomalous super-beings that ruled planets that were quite obviously not Earth. It was not based in egyptology or Incan mythology.

Regarding the skulls, I saw a documentary a couple months ago on those skull shapes, which seem to be self-induced by the parents of the children after childbirth, because apparently in central American tradition the long forehead was considered beautiful as well as intimidating in battle.
    During infancy, the child's skull, which could be easily reshaped, and the parents would squeeze the child's head so the forehead grew upwards and produced a shape like those skulls.

this egyptian sculpture (i know its far from peru but shh!) is from the new kingdom era in egypt where the art of their royal family was made less idolized almost a reality tv spin on the art of their time. it is obvious that the sculptures skull is smooth but i said less idolized not wanting to be killed. The jaw is more human and the skull (the real one) would have possibly been difformed from the use of bindings but it is still larger then an average humans skull but is possibly just beautification on behalf of the artist.

these skulls were obvious deformations, same eye size, same jaw and looking at the right a soft spot at the top of the skull (the hole! if you missed it) which is the normal cause of bindings.

The left skull as you can see is weird, and it hasn't got a weak spot at the top of the skull which surgests no binding. The eyes (which is normaly the easyest way to check for binding) are 3cm in diameter while modern man is 5cm, thats almost an inch. also its spinal collumn enters more central in the skull while ours does at the back. Also the 'Chewing' muscles which hold the jaw on and let us eat, are very reduced and no wonder they dont have a jaw to go with the skull, and no wonder the person died but its strange that the person lived for the skull plates to fuse, but the body of the skull was also 'strange' and only child size.

The first skull i showed had a jaw which was linked to more neanderthol man, and its not the way the picture was taken. the skull shape is long before modern man or even preman.

Anyway this was meant to discuss the more notion of the door way to the gods not lets put leather straps on our kids heads so their easyer targets for arrows like the hun did.

Quote Originally Posted by gritmonger
    No, Pauline Gedge's novel was simply a science-fantasy novel written in 1982. It was titled "Stargate."

She had amphibian, bird-winged, and other anomalous super-beings that ruled planets that were quite obviously not Earth. It was not based in egyptology or Incan mythology.
    The stargate novel and the stargate film and stories are completly different, the director of the show (which im a big fan of) takes no insperation from the novel. It's story is based around Egypt mainly and the gods of which the royal family took names from and gave names to the gods for. The Egyptian pharoes where living gods which is what the Goa'uld play on and alot of the Egyptian gods are more feared then loved.

The Asgard in it are the good 'gods' who protect human life instead of use it and they use the Norse religion which was a warrior religion and still had alot of mention to gates of the gods, sky charriots...

Also mentioned are the Celtic who are also human and where freed from slavery from an alien race. the phonecians come into it lots of the ancient peoples who mentioned of sky gods so either alot of people had big dreams of what the gods where (unlike modern religions who are taking pot shots at a barn door while facing the other way and im a christian by the way). Personaly i'd like to believe in a god like Thor who kicked some *** when needed.

The picture of the alleged alien skull was also discussed in the documentary, I apologize though because I do not recall the premise which was used to provide a more plausible explanation than extraterrestrials.

1) the skulls shown near the TOP of the OP are more than documented. There is nothing out of the ordinary aobut them other than the fact that people did this out of a sence of "fasion". Foot binding of women in China didn't make them into alien feet.

The skull with the small close set eyes is due to birth defects. Stop looking for aliens in humanity. Learn to stop looking for EXTRA ordinary explinations FIRST. I'll willingly put up hard cash - bet you just about any amount you can afford to loose that ANY lab you and I can both agree on to do the tests would show these skulls to be of human bone - right from here on Earth.

2) humans can do a hell of a lot from simple tools. Just cause you can't do it, don't assume that NO ONE can do it.

Can you make a diagram on the ground to layout a building that is aligned perfectly north and has no deviation in it's sides?

Learn simple geometry and you can.

Bounced check, i dont think your fully grasping what i'm trying to say its not fully a case of people do it for fasion they did it to immitate their gods, and genetic deformitys do happen but several in one person and living to an age for their skull being fully formed with out being able to eat proplerly is hard. If your always skeptical you'll never find anything because you'll stop trying before you even start because you think it can't happen if einstine wasn't like that we wouldnt have our theorys of base physics, with out newton we would have no real theory of gravity.

Also these stories are called myths which come from legends which come from storys which are based on facts. You could call god a myth but there will be alot of people who will disagree with you very very strongly. Just because someone says its aliens doesn't mean its not, i bet you'd want to check if jesus was a real human being made out of real human bone or in other words he had bones made out of calcium a natural element in the periodic table.

The greek myths of cyclopses has actualy been proved more fact then myth because depending on rare genetics people can end up developing with one eye and to be very well built while being very tall. Theres your cyclopses was a myth but its actualy based on facts. Just because you haven't seen an alien, i haven't seen an alien doesn't mean their not here. i haven't seen oxygen yet but im still breathing it!

sorry to double post but. its called AGAINST THE MAINSTREAM its where we say things that are not the normal way of thinking sorry but i'm talking about this in the right forum.

this egyptian sculpture (i know its far from peru but shh!) is from the new kingdom era in egypt where the art of their royal family was made less idolized almost a reality tv spin on the art of their time. it is obvious that the sculptures skull is smooth but i said less idolized not wanting to be killed. The jaw is more human and the skull (the real one) would have possibly been difformed from the use of bindings but it is still larger then an average humans skull but is possibly just beautification on behalf of the artist.
    The skull is not larger- it is longer. The skull that normally would have been above the eyes is pushed back, the skull that normally would have fallen in the back below the level of the mandibular joint is pushed up. The volume remains the same. Just like how a 3-liter bottle, while looking large, is still less fluid measure than the gallon jug of milk. The milk jug is rounder, and larger in diameter.

these skulls were obvious deformations, same eye size, same jaw and looking at the right a soft spot at the top of the skull (the hole! if you missed it) which is the normal cause of bindings.
    We don't see these entirely in side view, for comparison with the other elongated skulls, and that hole in the right skull is not the hole of a fontanel: it is irregular and jagged, like a break or shattering- like the small hole in the left (from our view right) temple of skull on the left. There are obvious sutures and interdigitation in both skulls- implying the age was greater than 12, possibly more than 18, and considering the right skull is more gracile, we may be seeing a male (left) and younger female (right)

The left skull as you can see is weird, and it hasn't got a weak spot at the top of the skull which surgests no binding. The eyes (which is normaly the easyest way to check for binding) are 3cm in diameter while modern man is 5cm, thats almost an inch. also its spinal collumn enters more central in the skull while ours does at the back. Also the 'Chewing' muscles which hold the jaw on and let us eat, are very reduced and no wonder they dont have a jaw to go with the skull, and no wonder the person died but its strange that the person lived for the skull plates to fuse, but the body of the skull was also 'strange' and only child size.
    There's a reason the body was child size. This was a hydrocephalic child's skull. The thinness of the skull bones, the child-sized body, and the enlarged skull: hydrocephaly was more prevalent in the days before prenatal care and modern medicine.

On this page is a replica of an adult result of hydrocephaly, as well as several other deformed skulls, a fetal skull replica, and other skull replicas. Alien? Nope.
    http://www.global-technologies.net/ShopSite/Skull.html

The first skull i showed had a jaw which was linked to more neanderthol man, and its not the way the picture was taken. the skull shape is long before modern man or even preman.
    No- if you look at other native-american skulls it is very much in line with native american anatomy of large jutting jaws- and males have heavier jaws than females. If you look closely at the overlay (which is European, not native american) you can see where the jaw, while differently shaped, has similarly sized tooth sockets and similar dimensions overall.

Anyway this was meant to discuss the more notion of the door way to the gods not lets put leather straps on our kids heads so their easyer targets for arrows like the hun did.

Quote Originally Posted by gritmonger

The stargate novel and the stargate film and stories are completly different, the director of the show (which im a big fan of) takes no insperation from the novel. It's story is based around Egypt mainly and the gods of which the royal family took names from and gave names to the gods for. The Egyptian pharoes where living gods which is what the Goa'uld play on and alot of the Egyptian gods are more feared then loved.
    No, the film credits the book. The author's name specifically caught my wife's eye, because she's a huge Pauline Gedge fan- and I'm almost certain in the course of talking to the author the developers stumbled over her more voluminous work on historical ancient Egypt and decided to mix the two.

The TV series was probably developed independantly of the film as they often are, and with good cause. You can only have so many new stories once the villains are dead- so new villains and heros have to be made.

It's fiction with a sprinkling of history. Like Pauline's other novels.

I'm the one who voted aliens, but it was all just joke. A really bad joke. Sorry to break the conversation

haha, i was hoping people from betelgeuse to win but i guess some people just dont have open minds about these things
    good for you master we need people to believe in aliens! personaly i believe in people from betelgeuse but their the same thing afterall they aren't ape descendants.

The stargate film didn't have much going for it in a story as they'd already killed the bad guy and freed a planet, so they opened the gate to the universe and blew some more stuff up. I can't be a 100% sure if the show does or doesn't credit Pauline Gedge but i haven't noticed it so far but i tend to skip the credits.

Okay the skulls are all human fact, some are genetic deformations, some are the result of bindings but the reasons behind them are the one's im questioning. If it's just fashion why was it happeneing around the world its been reported on every continent and through many cultures so its a very big coincidence if it is one.

Well I say it's pretty obvious men made the 'gate'.

Mind you, at the time they were working as slave labourers for the head-binding alien gods from betelgeuse.... :wink:

Even though it's a lot less family friendly, From Where I Stand is where we can debate about Jesus even exsisting much less being human. THIS forum is for astronomy and science related stuff, NOT mythology and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounced Check
    Even though it's a lot less family friendly, From Where I Stand is where we can debate about Jesus even exsisting much less being human. THIS forum is for astronomy and science related stuff, NOT mythology and religion.
    I'm sorry but i thought biology was a science oh silly us for thinking otherwise.
    I'm sorry again but i thought betelgeuse was a star system aswell oops isn't that astronomy. If you've got a problem with the thread why dont you just stop looking at it, or have we caught onto your evil alien plots to retake earth

Trust me, if this strays too much from astronomy, or delves, basically, at all into religion, the thread will get locked. That is part of the rules here. If you don't like that, FWIS is the place to post it. There are a lot of crossover members and you can talk about religion till the cows come home without the thread getting locked.

There's been over 300 views i think one of them would have been a moderator to check out what were talking about, so bounced check if you dont mind we'll get back to the point and stop talking to you about if the thread is right or wrong.

so i guess no one has wondered about the key of the gods or of the blue glowing water gate hmm just me wondering if that would be even possible. :roll:

Regarding the skulls, I saw this some time back.

http://www.starchildproject.com/

emp, there are also plenty of myths about people being eaten alive and reborn out of the eater's skull (Zeus and Athena), myths about dancing, sports, magic, and bridges made of rainbows. Myths about old ladies who weave the future. Why are these always ignored when arguing for mythical accounts being factual?

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon2
    Regarding the skulls, I saw this some time back.

http://www.starchildproject.com/
    Why assume an extraterrestrial origin, when these skulls are exactly the same pathology as hydrocephaly?

http://www.global-technologies.net/S...e/A29-2_I.html

It seems cruel to re-package disease as alien origin; especially given that there are still children born with this condition.

I posted a link. Does this necessarily imply that I agree with their ideas? You seem to have jumped to this conclusion.

However, just a skim read of the starchild link points out that they have tried to rule out the possibility of hydrocephaly.

In regard to mythology, it is very important not to ignore the importance of allergory, and also to resist the temptation to dismiss literal interpretations.

I read the DNA analysis and they tryed to take but they couldnt get a proper reading out of it, i've seen the site before but always dismissed it as them wanting it to be alien so they block out all chances of it being said that its not like alot of UFO fans and the likes.

All myths aren't true and some are just tall tales which were made to entertain children. But it doesn't mean that all myths aren't real or that all myths are real, proper myths come from real storys that happened, the legend of robin hood has often been thought of just as a tall tale but they found out that it isn't but that the southern brits of the time moved the tale like they did with the round table and alot of things that were based on the truth.

No implication was meant. It was a rhetorical question as to why assume extraterrestrial origin, a general question about claims of aliens when confronted with the unusual.

Re: hydrocephalus. They did not try very hard.
    In paleoanthropology (the study of ancient animals) a 200 cc increase in brain capacity of a human type creature
    warrants the naming of an entirely new species. Homo Erectus averages 200 cc more than Homo Habilis; Homo
    Archaic is 200 cc more than Erectus; Neanderthal is 200 cc more than Archaic. Thus, this child might well represent
    an unknown species of human-like beings.
    Thank goodness physical anthropologists go by more than one measure, and understand that the dermal-derived bones of the cranium are more subject to deformation, as well as having training in recognizing deformation due to hydrocephalus.

The child's skull has a high degree of symmetry (similarity on both sides). Usually cranial pathologies will cause
    differences in degree on either side of the head, along with other distortions. Thus, it is highly unlikely a cranium so
    clearly aberrant would exhibit such startling symmetry throughout
    Hare lip and symmetry malformations are not the only skull defects. Hydrocephalus is quite symmetric.

Normal human eye sockets have a recessed (5 cm) conical shape with optic nerves and optic fissures at the inner
    rear quadrant of the cone. The child's eye sockets have a shallow (3 cm) scalloped shape with optic nerves and optic
    fissures moved down and away to the inner bottom. Also, the inner surface of both sockets have incredibly subtle
    terrain shifts that are impossible to explain in any way other than genetic design.
    The shape and width of the eye orbits (the outer edges of the sockets) are equally divergent. The adult's have the
    vaguely rectangular shape of normal humans, while the child's are shaped like a lopsided oval. The adult's are typically
    rounded along the top of the rectangle, while the upper part of the child's oval has a clearly definable edge.
    No account has been taken for elevated intracranial pressure affecting bone growth, or for malnutrition and illness, both quite possible in a weak hydrocephalic child, accounting for the thin bones.

In the child's skull a shallow arc extends about 3 centimeters from the foramen hole, while the inion has somehow
    become slightly concave. Such a drastic reduction in attachment area means the neck supporting the child's head
    must have been from 1/2 to 1/3 that of a normal human. Such thin necks are consistently described as hallmarks of
    certain alien types (Grays), and of Gray-human hybrids
    Except that it is in comparison to a normal scale human adult. This is (a) a child's skull with less muscular development than an adult and (b) out of scale, as the head is large on account of hydrocephalus.

Pathology--genetic (inherited) or congenital (birth defect)--is the standard explanation for any human-like skullb that does not fit the "normal" human mold.In the hands of scientists dedicated to pounding square pegs into the round hole of conventional thinking, pathologycan be made to cover virtually any deviation.
    Except that this is a pathology so common and recognizable due to the distinctive bulging of the relatively soft bones of the cranium during growth that any pathologist who has had even a modicum of experience would say "Hydrocephalus" - which is not mentioned by name in this article.

In truth, a unique combination of extraordinary pathological disorders is a possible explanation for the many aberrations evident in the child's skull. Absent overwhelming evidence to the contrary, mainstream science will insist the skull has resulted from nothing more than multiple pathological defects
    Not true. One pathology is all that is required for the shape. Malnutrition and ill health, as well as mild to sever retardation, are often secondary effects of living with hydrocephalus.
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...#visualContent

The "setting-sun" sign is a description of downward deviation of a child’s eyes due to compression of the tectal (or collicular) area of the dorsal midbrain. The compression is most often due to an enlarged third ventricle in hydrocephalus but can also be a sign of a causitive lesion causing hydrocephalus such as a pineal mass, collicular region cyst, or a vein of Galen vascular malformation.
    I apologize if the following link is upsetting to some, but it depicts one of the signal tests for hydrocephalus, and presents a not-so-surprising resemblance to the "starchild."

http://www.healthcentral.com/mhc/img/img2267.cfm

This is one of the more common childhood illnesses, and there was no shortage of information to be had in Google. An age of five for death is not unusual, as the skull is incapable of expansion beyond this age, and as pressure increases on the brain the tissue dies faster.

As a teen ager, I volunteered at Pacific State Hospital, (really an institution rather than a hospital). There were quite a few hydrocephalic kids there who lived before the shunt procedure was available. Though they usually didn't live too long, we did have a couple that had made it to their 20s. Some of them had heads so large, they couldn't even be sat up so during the day we took them out on carts.

I am serious when I say almost a beach ball sized head was not that uncommon.

I don't mean to make light of their plight, just that it is silly to look at ancient skulls and draw conclusions they are not human.

Image changed to link by The Bad Astronomer

I agree... hydrocephalus. In fact, here is a picture of a child that looks very, very like the "starchild."

The unfortunate child is actually human and Iraqui... and dead if no treatment has been done.

(source page is http://sun.science.wayne.edu/~bio340...ntPages/Gumma/ )