Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A theory of eveything in 5 pages of program code!

oh, boy, WebGL pipeline programming would do wonders to your endeavor...

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Aargh! My eyes!
    That's with the improved color scheme. The original was plain red and green:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cture4hk2.png/

Ah, here's another relevant one. Note the empty borders and even density in the first image, and take a look at:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/slosh2gt0.png/

Phase transitions! It's no "theory of everything" and wasn't even designed to be any kind of sensible simulation of a real physical system, but even this simple simulation produces effects recognizably similar to those in the real world. And I didn't write code for "condensation", it was an emergent property that resulted from a particular set of conditions...overall energy, particle density, inter-particle force curves and strengths. This "theory of everything in 5 pages of code", on the other hand, is apparently hard coding behavior at the level of "is plasma" and "particles fuse"...

By coincidence, I came across this today: http://qntm.org/trollpi
    Not exactly a coincidence, I just didn't have time to track down the link before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Wollner View Post
    For test #1: Momentum,
    I have it working in the software, how would you like me to show the results? a list of VPs or a list of "vectors" only showing changing position?
    What I would like is for you to answer some of the outstanding questions.

The MASS doesn't matter here, this simple momentum test.
    How can mass not matter if you are testing momentum?
    Just going back to this earlier question you refused to answer; when you say "momentum" do you mean "inertia"?

What I would like is for you to answer some of the outstanding questions.

I won't answer any more questions again, and then have everyone tell me to prove it first (again). It is now time for me to shut up and prove. Please see the post below,, "Test # 1" movement by Inertia" sorry this is a day late.

Just going back to this earlier question you refused to answer; when you say "momentum" do you mean "inertia"?
    You see, I'm renaming test #1 because for your fine suggestions. This is all VERY simple, as you pointed out, its just counting motion right now, but all the framework is in place for more complex testing.

Thanks again for your input.

I won't answer any more questions again, and then have everyone tell me to prove it first (again).
    None of my questions require you to prove anything, just explain what you are doing. If you can't explain what you are doing, then the code is of no value anyway. (I assume you have heard of a "functional specification".)

It is now time for me to shut up and prove.
    It is now time for you to stop coding and answer questions.

You see, I'm renaming test #1 because for your fine suggestions.
    It is rather worrying yi you don't understand the difference between momentum and inertia

Marty Wollner Please take some time to read the Rules for posting in the ATM Forum and the advice to ATM Posters both linked at the bottom of this post.
    You cannot choose not to answer questions if they are directly related to your claim. So far all you do in response to questions is tell us how good your Code is and then post a lump of it.

This isn't advancing your cause at all.
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

None of my questions require you to prove anything, just explain what you are doing. If you can't explain what you are doing, then the code is of no value anyway. (I assume you have heard of a "functional specification".)

It is now time for you to stop coding and answer questions.

It is rather worrying yi you don't understand the difference between momentum and inertia
    Which means he/she can't possibly put in any kind of "IF" statement to remove it from his simulation if it is an emergent property.

I can just imagine what the "proof" will be...something along the line
    I ran the simulation and told the object to move 20 units and it did...see my simulation works perfectly.
    Marty Wollner what you have to understand is that so far your code doesn't seem to do anything but shift data around in an array. You've not addressed any of the problems raised by anyone and you have not answered a ton of questions.

Test1: Inertia of a single VP in 1 dimension

Marty Wollner
    20-Dec-2011
    discflicker.com

VP #0 starts at location 23,000 with a velocity of 20.

The example test was run under the following set of parameters:

Code:
    #define cWordSize  7
    /* The system resolution, more takes longer */

#define	cVP_Count 7
    /* The total count of VPs in this U. */

#define	cTickDuration -1
    /* If 0, do nothing, If -1, repeat forever, 
       otherwise repeat this many ticks */

#define cNumberOfSets 20
    /* (Should not impact correct results) */

#define cNumberOfDimensions 1
    /* The number of dimension this U. exists it */

#define	cUniverseRange 25000
    /* Maximum location allowed in any one dimension */

The output is in the following file:

http://spikersystems.com/FlashNet_Po...martytest1.txt

All code and notes are in:

http://spikersystems.com/FlashNet_Po...3/20Dec2011_C/

I will also come out with this same test (Test1-B) using 3 VPs: the one above representing RiderDude, one standing still at 23,000 (representing RoadsideDude), and one new one representing the train light, traveling at C. This test will demonstrate that this way of implementing motion also works in any resolution the system is run in. I will have this by tommorow, I will also add gravity and post results of that by Thursday.
    Last edited by Marty Wollner; 2011-Dec-21 at 04:37 PM. Reason: add plans for test1-B

Quote Originally Posted by captain swoop View Post
    Marty Wollner Please take some time to read the Rules for posting in the ATM Forum and the advice to ATM Posters both linked at the bottom of this post.
    You cannot choose not to answer questions if they are directly related to your claim. So far all you do in response to questions is tell us how good your Code is and then post a lump of it.

This isn't advancing your cause at all.
    I did read the rules before I started postimng here.

I wont discuss my code any more, the infrastucture is now in place, and I am back on schedule. My first test results are posted today.

I answered this man's questions but he does not want to understand the premice of my explanations, so now I'm trying to PROVE it with numbers.

If the universe only has 1 particle in it, it cannot be affected by others, and in this one case, inertia is the same as momentum.
    Last edited by Marty Wollner; 2011-Dec-21 at 04:27 PM. Reason: sp

I answered this man's questions but he does not want to understand the premice of my explanations, so now I'm trying to PROVE it with numbers.
    If you have answered the following questions, please let me know which post to re-read as I haven't seen any answers. If you haven't already answered them, please do so now. None of these need "proof with numbers" they just need a (short) explanation.

4. What is "quantum force" supposed to represent? And how do you calculate it?
    5. What is "atomic force" supposed to represent? And how do you calculate it?
    6. What is "nuclear force" supposed to represent? And how do you calculate it?
    7. What is "fusion force" supposed to represent? And how do you calculate it?

8. You have mentioned "heat" a few times; isn't this just a result of the dynamics of the system? If not why and how do you represent "heat" as a separate quantity?

Test1: Inertia of a single VP in 1 dimension

Marty Wollner
    20-Dec-2011
    discflicker.com

VP #0 starts at location 23,000 with a velocity of 20.
    Of course, with a mass of zero its velocity should be c

If you have answered the following questions, please let me know which post to re-read as I haven't seen any answers. If you haven't already answered them, please do so now. None of these need "proof with numbers" they just need a (short) explanation.

4. What is "quantum force" supposed to represent? And how do you calculate it?
    IM GONNA TRY ONE MORE TIME, OK???

First off, my older notes and books called the Fusion force the "Quantum force", this is confusing, so I will elimnate the term "QuantumForce" from further discussions.

The overall algorithm is:

If (The VP is co-occupying) Then NuclearForce
    Else
    If (The particle is un-bound plasma) Then FusionForce

The NuclearForce rule works by spraying the co-occupying VPs away from the location. I QUANTIFY this as the total sum of distance sprayed.

In the next tick of time, there will be no co-occupying VPs. The algorithm runs again, so this time it can consider FusionForce, and the VP will be bonded with the nearest other bit (VP) of unbound plasma. I QUANTIFY this as the adjacent distance between the 2 of them, as shown in the examples.

In this step, MASS is assigned as well, so now we have components with mass, in motion.

5. What is "atomic force" supposed to represent? And how do you calculate it?
    The algorithm continues moving the VPs around by the force of gravity (to be demoed Thursday), and THIS MAY RESULT IN A COLLISION. It will be totally under control because everything is creeping at no more than 1 GC /tick.

Here is where we need to discuss the mechanism of heat… it works by making the area around the VP expand, one GC per heat unit as explained in the docs.

So now, VPs are moving around and they can COLLIDE; this is where the AtomicForce rule is applied.

It exchanges the QUANTITIES of heat and momentum, and in 3-d, it can occur with up to 7 concurrent components colliding.

6. What is "nuclear force" supposed to represent? And how do you calculate it?
    (see above)

7. What is "fusion force" supposed to represent? And how do you calculate it?
    (See above)

8. You have mentioned "heat" a few times; isn't this just a result of the dynamics of the system? If not why and how do you represent "heat" as a separate quantity?
    Heat is an ATTRIBUTE of a VP, just like its location, speed and MASS.

The mechanism is the expansion of the area surrounding the location… the area of expansion makes the hot ones more likely to collide.

I hope his answers your questions, I will demonstrate every one of these forces in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks.

I hope his answers your questions
    Not really. You haven't explained how you calculate the value of these forces between any two particles. And you didn't explain "fusion force".

But I imagine that is the best I am going to get.

To paraphrase your answer: "none of these have any relation to physical reality they are just quantities I made up"; is that fair?

Well, well, not a word about coordinates transforms, tensors... This can´t be right. This can´t even be wrong!

Not really. You haven't explained how you calculate the value of these forces between any two particles. And you didn't explain "fusion force".

But I imagine that is the best I am going to get.

To paraphrase your answer: "none of these have any relation to physical reality they are just quantities I made up"; is that fair?

Strange... I'm trying to build A new universe from the inside out. I AM NOT trying to match what we think we observe directly.

When I am done, THEN we can see if it matches reality. I've repeated this, so lets try to build the thing before we see what it can do.The name of this thread is "A theory of..

Not

"THE theory of..

The Nulclear force rule specifically works by a user selected method, spraying out by prime number location, sequential fill, and there is a choice within these, which fills the locations all the way out by dimension, or fills all dimensions as "round-robin". The resulting Universe will appear differently in each case. For OUR U (to try to make it work like I think Our U. appears), Im going with prime number by round robin in at least 3 dimensions, BUT THAT IS TOTAL SPECULATION, non-scientic method, OK, I get it.

I will have exacting quantities for every transition in order to fulfill my vision of the laws of conservation of energy.

Honestly, how can you say that I haven't explained this NuclearForce rule... it is the very first diagram in everything I have written .... THIS IS TICK 1 of M7P1DPOU.

Strange... I'm trying to build A new universe from the inside out. I AM NOT trying to match what we think we observe directly.

What a colossal waste of time. So you're building a video game, and THEN at the end you see if maybe, just maybe, by luck it reproduces the totality of all phenomena in our real universe?

I've just put you on 'ignore.'

Of course, with a mass of zero its velocity should be c
    Now THAT is interseting because the way I understand quarcks and glue-ons, they are observed to have have zero mass, and yet they comprise all sub-atomic structure that does have MASS. Without adding a bit of relativity in there, how in the heck is this possible? That is one of the reasons I feel that these alledged sub-atomic particles we think we observe are really here, but they are simply the VPs actnig as POINTERS to locations. Pure speculation, non-scientific method conjecture talking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Kaplan View Post
    What a colossal waste of time. So you're building a video game, and THEN at the end you see if maybe, just maybe, by luck it reproduces the totality of all phenomena in our real universe?

I've just put you on 'ignore.'
    I have never claimed otherwise.

But one of the reasons for this thread was to point out this method of moving things around by pausing and then creepin or jumping seems to answer why our observances of light made us invent relativity. If you thought I was going to just complete some code and then turn it on and claim THAT is our universe, well, that is my goal, but only a fool would actually belive it will work the first time out, right? Was that what you expected?

The way I am approaching this design, however, I think leeds to a different approach to answering all of the questions at hand. I can answer ANY question you might pose about how an observed mechanism in our reality can be explained by emergence from something like this., again, purely by speculation.

Thats all I can offer you. Thanks for all of your time.

I get the feeling that you have nothing to show us as "results" of your code.
    The txt file that you linked to was hardly understandable.
    You cannot explain what you are doing.
    You are not answering questions in an understandable way.
    Thread closed.
    As always, if anyone disagrees here, please report this post.
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC